Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

ponzicar posted:

Watch one of her music videos; you'll also wish them harm.

Could someone link their best music please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Quotey posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9jstO5KpCY

Don't be put off by the length, the music is right at the start

be put off by everything else though

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Boxturret posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9jstO5KpCY

Don't be put off by the length, the music is right at the start

be put off by everything else though

I have to remind myself constantly that this is the person who stole a ton of Bitcoin and was caught and convicted for laundering it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

zedprime posted:

Protestantism was formed partially in response to the Catholic practice of buying your way out of sins. Very free market approach to going to heaven that that communist Luther wanted to do away with.

It's since wrapped around with prosperity gospel preached by protestant evangelists that God will give the holy a lot of money and you should do your best to keep giving them money if you know what's good for you also want to be holy.

Where religions come from and how they're actually practiced in the modern day rarely having any meaningful connections without looking at the very important context between those things. There's a lot more with Calvinism, puritanism, and various flavours of just world fallacy and nofunallowed.jpg inextricably intertwined with medieval, renaissance and early modern power structures and culture.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Foo Diddley posted:

got my normal phone, my work phone, my crimes phone, my cheatin phone, my gacha game phone, my sendin unsolicited dick pics phone... there's a lot to keep track of! let's see you do it without labeled baggies, smart guy

(They’re all crime phones)

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

I can fix her

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
Martha Stewart also went to jail so I see no obvious problems here. Martha was actually cool tho.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The person responsible for this video is still at large unfortunately.

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/6924155363889515781

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Criminal mastermind

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

did she get to keep her bitcoin billions

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://gizmodo.com/razzlekhan-husband-plead-guilty-to-laundering-bitcoin-1850707445

quote:

While promoting her crypto-rap career, Morgan and Lichtenstein were conducting an elaborate plan to launder Bitfinex bitcoins. The couple split the Bitcoin into small amounts and then transferred it to thousands of crypto wallets using fake identities. They purchased gold coins, mixed the stolen funds with outside criminal cryptocurrency on Alphabay, a darknet marketplace, and created shell companies to make their stolen Bitcoin look legitimate.

quote:

However, Morgan and Lichtenstein’s undoing came when they used the stolen Bitcoin to purchase Walmart vouchers, creating a trail that authorities were able to trace back to the couple’s Manhattan apartment. “Police were able to link the Walmart gift cards back to some of the proceeds of the Bitfinex hack, which then opened up further investigation,” Jonathan Levin, founder of cryptocurrency investigators Chainalysis which was involved in the investigation, told the BBC.

lmao

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Baggie Smalls

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Boxturret posted:

At least I think she was calling herself the turkish martha stewart, that might have just been some words she thought rhymed.

Found PhazonLink's alt!

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

ponzicar posted:

Watch one of her music videos; you'll also wish them harm.

Nah. If your options are to live a middling life getting no where working or steal billions in Bitcoin and try to make it real, I don’t even think laundering it should be a crime. If being stupid on the internet deserved harm, this website would be a premium hunting ground.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

This is bitcoiners stealing from bitcoiners, they are all losers and should all go to jail.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
But if she goes to prison that might end up with her being a legit rapper and I don't know if the world can handle something like that

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

I don't think she should go to jail.

I mean, having watched her rapping, I'm pretty sure that would be cruel and unusual punishment for the other prisoners she'd be stuck with.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Anyone say "Razzleconned" yet?

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
RazzleCoin

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Cyrano4747 posted:

I don't think she should go to jail.

I mean, having watched her rapping, I'm pretty sure that would be cruel and unusual punishment for the other prisoners she'd be stuck with.

actually doing some time in prison will likely just enhance her 'street cred' (short for 'street credibility') thus giving a massive boost to her rap career

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

We laugh now, but in 15 years zebra skeleton berazzeled leather jackets will be the hottest fashion.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

god imagine having a taste of that much money and you lose it to walmart laundering lmao

drk
Jan 16, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

god imagine having a taste of that much money and you lose it to walmart laundering lmao

they should have studied the old ways and simply exchanged their bitcoin for a pillow case full of giftcards in the parking lot outside walmart, as satoshi intended

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

they strayed from the light of Amazon

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Alan Smithee posted:

I think those Walmart gift cards were the first actual taste they could use for anything.

Should have just laundered Bitcoin for drugs and then laundered the drug money like a respectable drug dealer.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
should have just hoarded all the bitscoin and waited for it to become the world currency

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
Why didn't they just use a money washer like tornado (?). Bitcoins whole thing that it's both somehow trackable and anonymous throws me for a loop. Like I get that it's objectively a money laundering vehicle, but it just seems so unsuitable for that.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!
Pseudo-anonymous. You know the wallets money goes from and to, but not who “owns” the wallets. The latter can be known just not from the chain alone.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

IAmThatIs posted:

Why didn't they just use a money washer like tornado (?). Bitcoins whole thing that it's both somehow trackable and anonymous throws me for a loop. Like I get that it's objectively a money laundering vehicle, but it just seems so unsuitable for that.

Cops actually love bitcoin because of how easy it makes it to track crimes, so it is functionally worthless for anything other than liberating idiots of their money.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

IAmThatIs posted:

They were doing things just like that but I think they had far too much to use the dilution tools effectively. They all work best if your coins are a very small amount of illegal mixing pot.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

IAmThatIs posted:

The «problem» with tornado and other mixers is that it’s like hanging up a giant neon sign saying «these coins are involved in money laundering!»

Sure, you don’t know which crime the money came from, but most services will refuse them as a customer. But if they instead do some bespoke artisanal laundering, it will be less obvious. Of course, when they do it like that, the chance of a slip up or mistake increases considerably

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Quotey posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqjzTt1SHIU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Absolutely doesn't need to be fixed

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

This is good.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

BigBadSteve posted:

This is good for Bitcoin.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

The greatest trick Satoshi ever pulled was convincing the world Bitcoin was anonymous.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
CARL MARK FORCE

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
That was his ancestor, our dear agent is CARL MARK FORCE V

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010
Carl Mark Force IV got 6.5 years of jail in a plea deal in 2015

so theoretically he should be out by now

and having paid his debt to society he's hopefully gone back to doing what he does best: extorting bitcoin kingpins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

I can't get over that CARL MARK FORCE IV's cover was pretending to be a french maid called Carla who has many male friends :wink: