Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

[as a Tesla bot shoves endless bread sticks down my throat]
Elon! Stop this crazy thing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

the restaurant is also Grease themed, which means only whites allowed

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
And genuinely like the best you can do is yet another 50’s diner like LA needs another one of those fuckin things lmao

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Hi @elonmusk my salad is on fire and my credit card is empty. Is this normal? Love the carbs!

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Hanna-Barbera should sue imo

Lord Harbor
Apr 17, 2005
Bruce Campbell: You've stolen my heart, but you'll never take my freedom
Nap Ghost

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Is this dumb scam $8 per year or per month? If it's per month, you're shelling out about $100 a year for the possibility of receiving $100 in ad share revenue....if Elon likes like...and isn't lazy enough to forget about paying.

Wikipedia posted:

A pyramid scheme is a business model that recruits members via a promise of payments or services for enrolling others into the scheme, rather than supplying investments or sale of products. As recruiting multiplies, recruiting becomes quickly impossible, and most members are unable to profit; as such, pyramid schemes are unsustainable and often illegal.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
SHITTER'S FULL

https://twitter.com/Support/status/1687623817781501952?s=20

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

General reminder that using X at all is funding Elons ability to send money to that guy who thinks long form child sexual abuse is ok to post online.

Don’t use X.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

"coming soon" from the guy who opened Roadster 2 preorders 7 years ago, and then forgot to make the car

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The grifters have all stumbled upon the great long-occluded mystery of humanity, which is that you don't even have to pretend to deliver anything, you just promise a thing and idiots will send you so much money you become the most powerful person in the world

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/jeremyvaught/status/1687223289482035200?s=46&t=dQl6Iu6Wmq7antcZ30Prgw

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Please stop posting direct links to twitter.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

:hmmyes: "I will trust this website with my banking information"

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Yeah can people start screenshotting? Don’t know why we’re still posting links to the CSAM Nazi website that some of you inexplicably still use

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
He's gonna snag balances just like he steals @s when it suits him

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
I hope he runs this completely into the ground by end of the year, with actual consequences in his other businesses (or the very least Tesla), due to pissing away 44bn dollars and affecting the collaterals put up for this bullshit. I want to see the ultimate meltdown of him.

By god, this trash panda and his unfunny antics make me irrationally angry.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you
Kinda unrelated, but on the latest episode of the QAnon Anonymous podcast about Xitter, they name dropped Something Awful twice. We're finally cool again goons!

Ninja edit: spelling

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

'the next payout'

wonder if catturd is a special boy this time around or if he'll get ignored a second time on the hard right sponsorship money

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Caturd2 will always be really mad because they think that they deserve way more of everything than they'll ever get. Aside from maybe diabetes.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

can we please stop posting links to twitter in the twitter thread where we discuss twitter

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

smoobles posted:

can we please stop posting links to twitter in the twitter thread where we discuss twitter

Oh so you’re fine being complicit in the fact that every time you embed a tweet instead of screencapping it, Andrew Tate personally kidnaps a Romanian child in a Tesla Cybervan.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
Can someone explain to me exactly why embedding tweet links here will benefit Elon or his dumb site in any way above and beyond screenshotting?

If anything I feel like the additional strain on their servers by loading the embeds er uh I mean illegal and illicit website scraping is probably just picking away at that struggling backend even more.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Oh hey actually, does viewing an embedded tweet count toward the number of impressions that the payouts are based on?

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
brb writing a bot to increase views on all tweets equally

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
He said somewhere that it only counts views from other blue checks (because bots), so who knows?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

X vs SomethingAwful lawsuit incoming

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

This Is the Zodiac posted:

Oh hey actually, does viewing an embedded tweet count toward the number of impressions that the payouts are based on?

Those “impressions” or “view” numbers are either completely fabricated metrics (massively boosted) or personally hand typed by Elon while at his absolute peak Ketamine state.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

pre-elon i use to be certain that part of twitter's analytics was embeds and hits from embeds. i'm sure they still do but i wonder how influential it is..

anyways, i generally try not to link any chuds' twitter account based off that... but also using up twitter's bandwidth when they're trying to nickle and dime their infrastructure is fine by me. i'm assuming they cache most things but also it's very easy to assume that they're one slip up away from loving that up.

it doesn't matter either way imo.. maybe just paste the twitter image embed instead of the direct tweet in case they keep turning on/off tweets for non logged in users. otherwise i'm not sure how consuming these tweets via screenshot absolves any feelings you have that touching anything twitter is somehow CSAM or supports CSAM.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I like this site for quickly turning tweets to images, just select "no background" and it comes out v clean.

https://10015.io/tools/tweet-to-image-converter

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

smoobles posted:

They call it X now. Like "I'm gonna X you that". Or, "X me that link". Or, "X gonna give it to ya".

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

We have to post links instead of screenshots. I just got off the phone with Elon Musk and he said screenshots constitute illegal data scraping.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
The reason I want screenshots is I keep clicking through on embeds then realising I can’t and it irritates me. So really you should screenshot, for the good of me, sometbing awful forums user Jakabite :)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

John Wick of Dogs posted:

We have to post links instead of screenshots. I just got off the phone with Elon Musk and he said screenshots constitute illegal data scraping.

I confess, I am addicted to data scraping. I just keep scraping, can't stop. Won't stop.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

Can someone explain to me exactly why embedding tweet links here will benefit Elon or his dumb site in any way above and beyond screenshotting?

If anything I feel like the additional strain on their servers by loading the embeds er uh I mean illegal and illicit website scraping is probably just picking away at that struggling backend even more.

Viewing embeds is praxis

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Counting the Cybertruck, what other preorder-like scams have been used to raise money that disappeared quickly?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Waffle House posted:

Counting the Cybertruck, what other preorder-like scams have been used to raise money that disappeared quickly?

Star citizen

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Waffle House posted:

Twitter blues features?

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Stolen from OSHA thread lol

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
The thing where someone comes to destroy your roof

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Each meme Elon steals from you and reposts nets you one Tesla service point, which may be redeemed to open your door in an emergency situation