Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1943

Pluggers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Grandpa's World

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

seems like Val has parted quite often with his sword; shields, other swords, Saxons, you name it.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

i knew something like this was gonna happen but I still lmao

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

My Lovely Horse posted:

seems like Val has parted quite often with his sword; shields, other swords, Saxons, you name it.

clothes

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Pondus

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
For gently caress's sake Val, Squires aren't free.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 8/4/03

Double Collins

Brenda Starr 6/11-13/51

This story is taking its sweet time getting moving.

Smokey Stover 1/22/56

Spoilered for ethnic slur.

Everyday Movies 8/25/36

"I put off marrying Ralph till after my vacation because I'm hoping the boss'll give me another couple of weeks off for my honeymoon."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 12/8-10/41

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

~Coxy posted:

Grandpa's World

:lol:

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

The Curse of Sally Forth has been broken. Or at least passed back to its original owner.

Peanuts (August 7, 1976)

Crankshaft

Green Lama is a suspiciously specific mistake for a character who allegedly doesn't know collectibles.

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (March 9, 1940)

Out Our Way (June 25-27, 1943, spoiler for implications that we'll get to in a moment)

I am more than a little bit twitchy about this one, and not just for the Usual Reasons. Apart from coming at the beginning of the Japanese-American internment, this is an especially unpleasant analogue to the situation of '42 now that we know where the Nazis got some of their ideas for the Final Solution.

Meanwhile, on the front page, the US military gets down to business in England.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

that Leopold sure is a stinker!!!!!!!

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Powered Descent posted:

The Family Circus

It would never occurr to a kid born after 1990 that grapes could even have seeds, let alone one who is, within the logic of hte strip, born in 2016

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

CommonShore posted:

It would never occurr to a kid born after 1990 that grapes could even have seeds, let alone one who is, within the logic of hte strip, born in 2016

Hell, I'm in my 40s and I think I've encountered seeded grapes once in my entire life.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Gil Thorp

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Powered Descent posted:

Hell, I'm in my 40s and I think I've encountered seeded grapes once in my entire life.

Yeah 40s too and I have foggy memories of my parents cutting grapes and flicking the seeds out with a knife and my dad showing me seedless grapes and he being amazed by them. In roughly 1985.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Gil is such a good guy he's going to write the most entertaining character out of his strip. Admittedly nothing technically wrong going on here from the author, but :sigh:

Jucika "182 - Jucika And The Olympics"

"183 - Jucika Goes To Night School"

As simple as the artwork in Jucika can be the expression work and cartooning is fantastic. :allears:

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft

What a wonderful rare day it is when the comic book gatekeeper gets to "Actually" a woman twice in one conversation. And then "forgive" her cultural ignorance.

gently caress YOU BATIUK

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Haraiso Days

End chapter!

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Aug. 10, 1958)

Holy poo poo, Val. Dude hulks out and cuts a sword in half that second to last panel

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
loving Christ is Dustin a pile of boomer dreck.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

thisusedyet posted:

Holy poo poo, Val. Dude hulks out and cuts a sword in half that second to last panel

Bitches hosed around, bitches found out.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Hippocrass posted:

Bitches hosed around, bitches found out.

FOR EDWIN

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

"What's wrong? I'm not thinking about loving the shoes."

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks
Sad Bear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyUVT8sas6g

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Busy day yesterday so a wee bit of catching up to do.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Alhazred posted:

That's some Stormtrooper level aiming. Point blank with machine gun and you don't hit a single target.
Yeah it's bad. I was worried Babudan was going to get shot but now I suspect they're gonna have Savarna get hit instead as a fake-out. (Spoiler for probably wrong prediction because I usually am.)

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Apartment 3-G

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

riderchop posted:

Classic Arlo and Janis (September 01, 2001)

Eh, give it about a week and a half and you'll have forgotten all about that painting.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

I was going to say "Tiff should be allowed to be horny and ogle another character's boyfriend. It's fine." But then:

I was forced to consider that I'm perpetuating a double standard.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I don't think it's like, top-tier comics, but Hagar the Horrible somehow works ok.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

I was going to say "Tiff should be allowed to be horny and ogle another character's boyfriend. It's fine." But then:

I think it's both fine for Tiff to look (but not touch) with Stef's boyfriend, and it's also okay for a married man to notice (but not touch) a good rear end. (In neither case should anybody stare like a goon and make the other person uncomfortable.)

I still say Dustin's dad is a jerk, though, because a) he's openly doing it in front of his wife when it clearly bothers her and b) he's equating checking out an rear end to looking at some shoes and this is clearly stupid unless there is some fetish stuff going on in this strip we haven't been told about.

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mercury Hat posted:

Eh, give it about a week and a half and you'll have forgotten all about that painting.

Plus all you have to do is change out the dialog and those panels will still work perfectly.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

JethroMcB posted:

Tiff isn't married.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 3/8-10/51

Archie 11/3-5/47

Bonus Comic! Sadly, the paper where I was getting my Sunday Archies seems to have dropped it, and I haven't been able to find an alternative. However, while hunting for Archie, I spotted this strip with an interesting take on the Great Long Skirt Controversy of 1947:

Chlorine 11/2/47

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

A Surveillance State Is Desirable, Actually, And The Youth Should Just Remain Asleep And Complacent