Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

X Premium (Blue)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 48 minutes!
rolls right off the tongue

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

#BlockTheXPremium(Blue)

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

The point of renaming Twitter to X is, of course, ___________________

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

shyduck posted:

I rode in the Tesla SUV not too long ago and I distinctly remember not knowing how to get out of the car because lthe opener is just a switch not unlike the switches you use for windows
The outside handles are dumb as hell too. Like, sure, I know now to press in on the big part to pop out the handle, but it's such a lovely design. And then on top of that the handles are so poorly made they feel like they're liable to break off when you do open the door.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

Escape Goat posted:

living rent free in peoples head is elons thought

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

FFT posted:

The outside handles are dumb as hell too. Like, sure, I know now to press in on the big part to pop out the handle, but it's such a lovely design. And then on top of that the handles are so poorly made they feel like they're liable to break off when you do open the door.

They also freeze over in the cold (especially with freezing rain) and unless you preheat the car for like a half hour good loving luck getting in.

Also, I hope you're plugged in for that half hour so you don't waste 50 miles of range on the heater so you can actually enter it.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Escape Goat posted:

To become the anything app that is the middleman of all human interaction

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Nitrousoxide posted:

They also freeze over in the cold (especially with freezing rain) and unless you preheat the car for like a half hour good loving luck getting in.

Also, I hope you're plugged in for that half hour so you don't waste 50 miles of range on the heater so you can actually enter it.

Are they still doing that thing where they add 'heating' by just locking the heat pump motor in place and using it in a controlled-meltdown manner to provide heat to the cabin

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
also not to give musk ideas but x+1 is right there as opposed to x premium (blue)

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

x++

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
oh poo poo im gonna x

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
it should be x^2

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Dun nuh nuh nuh
Anti Union Tactics
Dun nuh nuh nuh
Mega Klan

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

Are they still doing that thing where they add 'heating' by just locking the heat pump motor in place and using it in a controlled-meltdown manner to provide heat to the cabin

lol no loving way. that's the dumbest thing I've heard since the earliest VW bugs running hot (exhaust fume) air directly into the cabin in like the 50s

I Miss Snausages
Mar 8, 2005
Volvorific!

Shrecknet posted:

lol no loving way. that's the dumbest thing I've heard since the earliest VW bugs running hot (exhaust fume) air directly into the cabin in like the 50s

Not quite what happened with the VW. The exhaust heat exchangers heated air that go into the cabin. The exhaust portion of the heat exchangers would crack or rust and then dump exhaust directly into the cabin.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

WrasslorMonkey posted:

#BlockTheXPremium(Blue)

X Premium Blue, the everything Twitter.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

1glitch0 posted:

X Premium Blue, the everything but Twitter.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1688022163574439937
lol

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

I wish I had the drugs he has

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

the best part is using "unfairly treated" not unfairly terminated or disciplined

"help me plz elon my boss yelled at me for posting while i was being paid to work!"

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

justine sacco was right

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Going to be 'interesting' to see the litigation against him for promissory estoppel based on this X post when he stiffs people and they inevitably lose because making an rear end out of yourself in public isn't protected in the workplace.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

ok this is def going to be hilarious

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Seems expensive

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

(only X Premium (Blue) users are eligible)

The only people getting in trouble for posting egregious poo poo are the biggest alt-right nutjobs and grifters, who will run to their lawyers to instigate some crap over the tiniest perceived slights against them.

And once they realize they won't get a single penny from X, the everything app, they will turn on Elon.

mcbexx has issued a correction as of 05:01 on Aug 6, 2023

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

What in the gently caress, god drat.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1688039099330879488
lol if twitter ends up suing a company because they fired someone for following the anti-trans terrorist account
this will fix twitter's financial issues

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Malloc Voidstar posted:

lol if twitter ends up suing a company because they fired someone for following the anti-trans terrorist account

lmao, of course that's what this is about

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/davidvolodzko/status/1688024000105234432
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1688039649904668672
apparently he wants to help out the guy who said

quote:

In fact, while Hitler has become the great symbol of evil in history books, he too was less evil than Lenin because Hitler only targeted people he personally believed were harmful to society whereas Lenin targeted even those he himself did not believe were harmful in any way.

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

https://twitter.com/bernybelvedere/status/1688025090925948928

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Sir!

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Sir Tonk posted:

oh poo poo im gonna x

do not X. do not X.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Toupee Groupie posted:

Not quite what happened with the VW. The exhaust heat exchangers heated air that go into the cabin. The exhaust portion of the heat exchangers would crack or rust and then dump exhaust directly into the cabin.

yea the exhaust headers right through or alongside them, simple convection heating basically, so any break between the two and you'd be breathing leaded carbon monoxide running the heater

its good poo poo in winter when the car's vac lines are hosed so the engine won't idle if the heats off

there was a car in the '50s I want to say an Alfa Romeo, maybe the '60s that had an oil pressure gauge in the cabin in the dashboard that was glass thermometer looking thing in the loop from the oil pump, circulating motor oil to show thee levels until it would break and then blast everyone in the car with 240f motor oil like a sprinkler

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

didn't spicer say this too

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
defending hitler??? sounds like a bad idea...

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
help! i'm being persecuted for my twitterx beliefs!!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Malloc Voidstar posted:

it's going to bring out the most insane people, all crying to him for protection.

given his history it's unlikely he'll follow through. maybe for one of them, just to say he did it once

for real tho unless he's explicitly building a neonazi protection company this makes no sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

You must pay the price for this post.
he's a narcissist it makes a lot of sense lol