Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

holy poo poo, I killed a champion on my elementalist

alone

i have never killed a champion before...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

Meowywitch posted:

holy poo poo, I killed a champion on my elementalist

alone

i have never killed a champion before...

This was me on my Revenant this morning out there at Lake Doric. :hfive:

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

i bet mechanist could solo a world boss they're pretty ridiculous on that front

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Leaked gameplay footage :o:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbxpaIzYFXo&t=15s

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
isn't this already in the game? i definitely remember closing some portals by going into them and killing a kralka karka

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

...They're mean, they're meaty, and it's up to you to find two Offensive DPS Supports (providing Quickness & Alacrity) and two Defensive Healer Supports (providing Quickness & Alacrity), plus six DPS classes to stop their incursions.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Truga posted:

isn't this already in the game? i definitely remember closing some portals by going into them and killing a kralka karka

Also every Halloween!

Andrew Verse
Mar 30, 2011

Kryptids? Are we fighting the Bigfoot in this expansion?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
You forgot to show the part of the newsletter about Zojja returning :getin:

Truga posted:

You probably mean https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mists_Rift. There are also the rift invasions of various kinds, like the Joko invasiona who pop up every hour. So yeah it's not exactly a new style of content.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/first-contact-the-kryptis-and-rift-hunting/

This fairly meager post describes them as "a permanent option for on-demand open-world content" which kind of sounds like the PoF bounty boards to me.

ComradeBigT
Sep 9, 2014

Adhesive Gamin posted:

This fairly meager post describes them as "a permanent option for on-demand open-world content" which kind of sounds like the PoF bounty boards to me.

At least on demand means it'll more likely be something farmable, and compared to all the other 'rift' mechanics that are randomly spawned it'll have relevance for longer if they're tying some part of the legendary armor collection into it somehow.
At the same time though, I'd be honestly surprised if they don't have some kind of 'key' mechanic to limit how fast/often they're able to be run.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I wish elementalist could use the big gently caress off sword, but alas

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Meowywitch posted:

I wish elementalist could use the big gently caress off sword, but alas

They can use a big gently caress off hammer as Catalyst, which is cool and good.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Jedah posted:

They can use a big gently caress off hammer as Catalyst, which is cool and good.

Oh gently caress you're right I forgot about that!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Last night I got ranger to 80 after making that character on.. Saturday I think. It was breezy. Thought I was going to have trouble with a group event boss at the end of a jumping puzzle with nobody around but my moa tanked it the entire time and heal as one was really effective so that was no problem at all.

Suppose now I head over the desert to get superbeast going

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
The gem store has salvage tools and some storage stuff on sale. Good time to pick that stuff up if you were eye'ing any of it.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Kinda want to start another legendary. The Moot seems pretty cool or the snake mace. Big time leaning towards The Moot though. But I should probably get on to making ascended armors, yeah?

e: Didn't expect getting stuck on sitting in LFG to be the worst part of this. Kind of takes the wind outta your sails.

Zeg fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Aug 3, 2023

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Zeg posted:

Kinda want to start another legendary. The Moot seems pretty cool or the snake mace. Big time leaning towards The Moot though. But I should probably get on to making ascended armors, yeah?

e: Didn't expect getting stuck on sitting in LFG to be the worst part of this. Kind of takes the wind outta your sails.

Save your stuff for the PvE legendary armours

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Teapot's GW2 tier lists are always fun to watch. If you're looking to explore a new build to blast stuff as DPS, check out his latest video:

Scourge sitting at the top is a pleasant surprise. I'm going to dust off my Condi Scourge this weekend and give it a go.

Condi Virtuoso is also a ton of fun, can't recommend it enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQeYuHrzVXE

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
In the last balance stream they mentioned how they didn't like staff/axe mirage blasting big dps while keeping up alacrity and that their desing philosophy was that supports have to invest in at least some concentration on gear.

And then they went and gave herald 60% boon duration in full berserker :v:

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Mr. Neutron posted:

In the last balance stream they mentioned how they didn't like staff/axe mirage blasting big dps while keeping up alacrity and that their desing philosophy was that supports have to invest in at least some concentration on gear.

Yup, both Quickness DPS + Quickness Heal Herald are busted, they're way overtuned right now. Poor Mirage was nerfed into oblivion, while Condi Virtuoso somehow got even better.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Instanced endgame content was a mistake

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
For some of the new boon sources it's a little awkward because their duration requirements aren't as predictable as the previous utility skill linked versions. I think they just went overboard on some baseline durations since otherwise it'd end up with people going full dps gear and loading up their bars with blast finishers/cantrips or never dropping their upkeep skills, then complaining about being forced into whichever utility skills, instead of building extra duration for flexibility and accepting a bit of efficiency loss. But they also originally hosed the numbers on a few of them anyway.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Mr. Neutron posted:

im worried they're gonna tap my chrono when it's already not the strongest just because it can poo poo out alac or quick so easily in full zerks

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Moot is pretty good and Lonk-approved.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

New Lord Hizen video featuring Scourge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPoxL4pMMX0

Great open world build, Hizen never disappoints. Play it while you can before it gets nerfed again.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Lonk posted:

Lonk-approved.

Is that like the Official Seal of Nintendo? Like a big ole mustache on a gold emblem! The Moot really does look cool, though. But the armor idea was probably the best idea.

I did see these maces that need Kralkatorik(?) bits and that looks acceptable too! They're ascended, so might be cool.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
In terms of convenience and what you would want to prioritize if you could only afford one at a time for legendary stuff, it would go:
Amulet/Backpack/Trinkets/Rings > Armor >>> Weapons that many builds use with multiple stats like staff/dag/sword/axe > Runes > Other Weapons >>> Sigils.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

all roads lead back to elementalist for me

can't believe it

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Legendary runes might be more worth it depending on how annoying the new relics are to get and how much “partial compensation” we get toward legendary relics from making them

Flytitle
Nov 12, 2012
Note that if you want to make the sprint for legendary runes, the devs specified that they were assuming all 7 runes (armor plus aquabreather) for the full dev compensation.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

loving delete aquabreathers already, anet! It’s clear you’ve written off underwater combat

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

whydirt posted:

loving delete aquabreathers already, anet! It’s clear you’ve written off underwater combat

I forgot I had one lmfao.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Blows my mind there's still no recipes for aquabreathers except for the ascended ones. Like if I could craft an exotic one sure whatever. But it's honestly really weird how ignored they are.

And while we're at it, give me some Gen 3 Legendary Aquatic weapons, or reduce the cost of the Gen 1 ones at least.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Better make sure your underwater stuff is up to spec when End of Dragons comes out and you can explore the underwater ruins of old Kaineng city

oops it's just a tiny corner or a zone lol

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I think they eventually realized much like the WoW devs before them that underwater combat sucks and isn't fun

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Perhaps they could, as the people in control of the code, design, and direction of the game, try to make it fun?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

FlapYoJacks posted:

Perhaps they could, as the people in control of the code, design, and direction of the game, try to make it fun?

That's a whole lot of work for something people don't actually care that much about. On the other hand they also can't strip it out either, because that would mean redesigning a lot of older content.

So it stays as this weird shriveled-up vestigial limb, too expensive to save and too costly to remove.

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Aug 6, 2023

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The siege turtle and skimmer are pretty dope for underwater though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

luv ridin me skimmer under water