Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Wow, would not have thought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Lucky escape for RSA though tbh, switching off like that because you think it's offside is criminally bad

It was getting drilled into me as a 10 year old that you play the whistle

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
I'm coming around on VAR, it's been consistently very funny this tournament

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

mycatscrimes posted:

I'm coming around on VAR, it's been consistently very funny this tournament

the big thing for me is that it feels like they're getting faster. i dont hate reviews (necessarily) i just hate how loving slow they are

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
fox commentators are so horny for south africa

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
They'll have wanted to do something with that great pass

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
eat it

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

g o l

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
whoopsie!

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
aw gently caress thats awful

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
also that wasn’t a yellow she got ball first

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
oof

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
That was sick tho

Edit: On review, goalie shoulda had it

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
if by sick you mean the goalie will feel sick about that for the rest of her life, then yeah

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Agh

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
wtf was that from the goalkeeper, disaster. Block the ball lol

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Backdoor Delivery posted:

if by sick you mean the goalie will feel sick about that for the rest of her life, then yeah

Yeah it looked live like the forward had just punched it past her and she only got a finger on it, but she had the angle and not too tough a save with better technique.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Literally just let out a big, "Oh jesus christ!" at that save.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Oh what a save

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah it looked live like the forward had just punched it past her and she only got a finger on it, but she had the angle and not too tough a save with better technique.

Pressure situation and all that but yeah, she should be saving 100% of those

Sucks

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Dammit dammit dammit get that third goal already

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
funny thing is she coulda left a lot later and still had the same chance

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Saffas look absolutely toast here

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
They were simply outplayed. Shame, but good on them for getting here. Maybe they'll come back stronger in four years.

And hell, it was a blast to watch Kgatlana.

mycatscrimes fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Aug 6, 2023

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Dutch taking a real pounding in this last minute

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

mycatscrimes posted:

They were simply outplayed. Shame, but good on them for getting here. Maybe they'll come back stronger in four years.

And hell, it was a blast to watch Kgatlana.

outplayed is a strong word but the dutch definitely were way stronger in the second half. RSA feels like a team that's all speed, but they have good discipline behind it. both dutch goals were tough gives, and van domselaar showed her worth as a keeper - tons of great saves and smart plays.

it is very clear that south africa is criminally underrated

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

the dutch were definitely very sloppy though. they looked nothing like the insanely clinical team you saw in the first half against the US. way, way, way too many unforced errors and giveaways.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Well I wasn’t their biggest fan going into the tournament because I wanted more parity in the game but it appears that we are getting that, so let’s go the Yanks baby

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Borsche69 posted:

outplayed is a strong word but the dutch definitely were way stronger in the second half. RSA feels like a team that's all speed, but they have good discipline behind it. both dutch goals were tough gives, and van domselaar showed her worth as a keeper - tons of great saves and smart plays.

it is very clear that south africa is criminally underrated

yeah i mostly agree with this to be honest. overall netherlands weren't brilliant, but managed the game pretty well after the early lead. south africa have some great talent and fought hard, could've pulled an equaliser back but for some great saves, and the second goal was a bad mistake and super unlucky.

the dutch definitely had much more big game experience, and i think it really showed. keen to see what south africa look like next time round!

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
That was a fun game to be at. South Africa had their chances, woulda loved to see a goal.

I was wrong, the crowd was very orange but very much in for SA

Holland was unimpressive most of the game.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I wish all USA Football Team a very pleasant :dunkedon:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

oh god the swedes are doing their pre-match pitch inspection in white suits

rip sweden i guess

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

Infinitum posted:

I wish all USA Football Team a very pleasant :dunkedon:

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
:d2a:

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

a real chump posted:

That was a fun game to be at. South Africa had their chances, woulda loved to see a goal.

I was wrong, the crowd was very orange but very much in for SA

Holland was unimpressive most of the game.

I was also at that game and was surprised how quiet the folks in orange were in the crowd. It would have gotten real loud if SA had scored one of their good chances. That second goal was so deflating.

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Really, though... I just hope they all have fun. And the USA lose.