Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

I want a full sized truck wheel complete with suicide knob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
I want a comically large steering wheel, like something straight out of a Japanese gameshow.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Upsidads posted:

ya know I think I'd love a steering wheel for gaming if it was about the radius of a tennis ball instead of frisbee sized, and had normal rear end features and not a mcdonalds toy

I use the Steam Controller as a wheel for some driving games, wiimote style, thanks to the inbuilt gyros. It's not as precise as a wheel, but it works out, is a lot more comfortable for smooth turns than the stupid analog stick, and it's both tiny and wireless so no desk real estate is lost.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

And a loop of rope overhead that activates an airhorn.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

CommissarMega posted:

Anyone here play Xenonauts 2? I know it's in EA, but is the storyline completed at least? Been thinking about giving it a try.

Late vacation reply. No the story is not done yet.

I know it superficially looks similar to 1 in screenshots, but in game, the tactical view has a lot more "life" to it with your troops having subtle idle animations. They look really good in motion and did a great job of shading the 3D models to match their style.

It also adds new mission variety with an EXALT-like faction.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Gromit posted:

And a loop of rope overhead that activates an airhorn.

In both the game and real life

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I want a comically large steering wheel, like something straight out of a Japanese gameshow.
Hamster wheel. Become the wheel.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I really want to like Desktop Dungeons but I've never felt dumber while playing a game :v: I had no idea it was basically a puzzle game wearing the trappings of a roguelike and I've overall enjoyed my time so far but once I started dealing with Hard dungeons (like the maze) it feels like there's one possible solution and very, very little margin for error

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Really enjoying Case of the Golden Idol but my mind is totally blown by the scene where you have to refer to previous scenes because I've been playing it in small chunks over the last few weeks, so I have only vague memories of what happened before. It's a super satisfying game with a cool setting and atmosphere.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Chas McGill posted:

Really enjoying Case of the Golden Idol but my mind is totally blown by the scene where you have to refer to previous scenes because I've been playing it in small chunks over the last few weeks, so I have only vague memories of what happened before. It's a super satisfying game with a cool setting and atmosphere.

Totally. Some aspects of that final puzzle I was able to suss out, but I recall that parts of the narrative still weren't super obvious to me even after reviewing the previous scenes. Ended up needing a little bit of prodding in the hints department to resolve it.

The DLC is pretty good too.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Anyone else super excited for Wrestlequest on Tuesday??

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Okay im a bit late but Cruelty Squad is pretty drat good. Quickly adjusted to the eye searing art style, and I just kicked my landlord to death then jumped out a window, cushioning my 4 storey drop with a jet stream of poop before escaping the horde of police after me. Fun times.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Synthbuttrange posted:

Okay im a bit late but Cruelty Squad is pretty drat good. Quickly adjusted to the eye searing art style, and I just kicked my landlord to death then jumped out a window, cushioning my 4 storey drop with a jet stream of poop before escaping the horde of police after me. Fun times.

Hell yeah brother. It’s such a good game. I had a pretty awful stomach bug when playing the game for the first time, and that felt thematically on-point.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Cruelty Squad gave me a killer motion sickness episode the likes of which I haven't had since Duke 3D (all build engine games make me sick to this day), which is a shame given it is 100% my poo poo gameplaywise.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

ZearothK posted:

Cruelty Squad gave me a killer motion sickness episode the likes of which I haven't had since Duke 3D (all build engine games make me sick to this day), which is a shame given it is 100% my poo poo gameplaywise.

Try messing with the FoV?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I somehow missed this but Potato Flowers in Full Bloom is on sale, and it's probably become my favorite dungeon crawler. It's a short and sweet 20-hour adventure with a cozy little diorama aesthetic and some deceptively thoughtful mechanics. The story's pretty simple (if you care about that sort of thing), but the presentation's charming enough. The world's in a bad way and your patron thinks potato seeds will save civilization. Go get 'em, tiger.

I don't see too many people talk about this game; it's just a nice time all around.

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Aug 7, 2023

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Someone asked about it back when it came out but I have played through what I think is just about all of the Heavenly Bodies DLC with a friend of mine and am happy to say that it's pretty much more of the same! It's split up into days, every day takes place on the same space station and you're gradually cleaning up and repairing the whole station. There's a lot of tools in this one that you need to use and you get some fun little jetpack things that let you fly around quickly. Lots of chances for infuriating gameplay elements and tight quarters as you try to navigate your way around. Frustrating as gently caress but if you've played the game before you know that's just part of the fun. If you have played the game with someone and want more the DLC is a good buy. I should say it works perfectly over remote play together, since this game only supports local co-op.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Dicey Dungeons mobile port is really freakin good. It fits so well that I wonder if it was designed for mobile all along.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

And one of those gigantic shifters that is as tall as your head

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

GhostDog posted:

It's 2023 and 592,770 people are playing a new Baldur's Gate game.

Not sure on the numbers, but there are also many people playing a new Jagged Alliance game. And a System Shock (remake but still).

2023: the 1990s are back!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
BG3 peaked at 815k (all time #9)

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Kennel posted:

That's 8 times the Witcher 3 and more than twice GTA V and Skyrim, BTW

Mind, it is a PC exclusive (for now) and PC gaming as a whole increased during the pandemic, but still, crazy numbers. I imagine PS5 sales are going to be good next month too, plus the eventual XBOX release later in the year.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

microsoft is really shooting themselves in the foot by insisting they squeeze local coop into the series S version, which has delayed any xbox release to an indeterminate time next year

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I finally picked up jagged alliance 3.. They refuse to make another new XCOM game so I am hoping this is suitably XCOM like.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Kennel posted:

Game is fuckin good. I can't put it down. I've got 2 playthroughs I'm working on, and also a co-op play through. I put almost 40 hours in so far and all I want to do is throw Goblins into Chasms.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
RDR1 is going to Switch (???) and PS5. Chance it comes to Steam in a year?

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

ZearothK posted:

That's 8 times the Witcher 3 and more than twice GTA V and Skyrim, BTW

Mind, it is a PC exclusive (for now) and PC gaming as a whole increased during the pandemic, but still, crazy numbers. I imagine PS5 sales are going to be good next month too, plus the eventual XBOX release later in the year.

CD Projekt Red did push for people to buy The Witche 3 via GOG. Which is where I bought it.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Sab669 posted:

Game is fuckin good. I can't put it down. I've got 2 playthroughs I'm working on, and also a co-op play through. I put almost 40 hours in so far and all I want to do is throw Goblins into Chasms.

all my loot.. gone

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

err posted:

To my understanding it’s technically coming to Switch and PS4; it being playable on PS5 will be due to backwards comparability. But all of the news articles on it are specifically mentioning the two older consoles which, as many are already pointing out, is kind of weird

EDIT: https://www.gamesradar.com/red-dead-redemptions-switch-and-ps4-conversion-is-not-the-ps5-remake-fans-were-hoping-for/

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Switch release means PC can play it on emulators.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

it was already playable via emulators, though maybe the switch version will be less demanding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXMaJHGnGDU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

RandomBlue posted:

all my loot.. gone

Did you get thrown into a chasm?

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Visual Novel fest is going on: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2434320/view/3682307539190875651

Visit the fest daily for a free sticker

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

err posted:

Did they just pick the two platforms the GTA trilogy actually sold on and decided to just port it to those?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

the 360 version already runs at 4K on the current xboxes through enhanced backwards compatibility so that might be why they skipped doing an xbox version

it looks like this new release is a straight port (+resolution) so there wouldn't be much of anything to set it apart from the BC version

repiv fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Aug 7, 2023

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

repiv posted:

it looks like this new release is a straight port (+resolution)

I thought I've heard all these years that we don't have a pc version cause they lost the source or something? Was that just internet bs or

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

"RDR1 will never be ported because it's spaghetti code" has been a meme forever but it's never been backed up by a source, the claim just seems to have materialized out of thin air

evidently they do have the source if they're putting it on the switch, it's not nearly fast enough to run a 360/ps3 emulator

repiv fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Aug 7, 2023

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
RDR uses the same engine all the other Rockstar games do so it seems unlikely that there's anything particularly bad about it that it simply can't be ported when every other game has been. But given that it's being skipped again it does seem like there must be some technical reason that they can't do it (or that it would take enough work not to be worth it).

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I think it also comes from how it's also just a very obviously glitchy game. Like, usually in a funny way, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Loved RDR2, but would playing the first game now feel like too much of a step back?