Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

MJeff posted:

The funniest outcome is Guntekunst hits Rodgers' car but Guntekunst has no insurance, so the judge sentences Guntekunst to be Rodgers' butler.

Rodgers tries to throw a football at Gunt's car but somehow misses and hits Kerby Joseph's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/thecarm/status/1687856041923403776

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Rodgers tries to throw a football at Gunt's car but somehow misses and hits Kerby Joseph's.

Every episode could include a Kerby pick

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Hot Diggity! posted:

I want Jordan Love to win a Super Bowl as QB1 of the Green Bay Packers

:hmmyes:

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Man that first episode by Secret Base on the Vikings was really good. Just a great dive into the history, stories, and stats. Like hall of famer Alan Page from Canton. The guy that had a summer construction job building the HOF. Interesting stuff like that. I hope they do the Bears sometime.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Lol

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Apparently the GM jumped in to separate them.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Love overthrowing everything at Family Night so far

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ChiSportUpdates/status/1687842083023798272

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/itszacharyj/status/1688013625640775680?t=SN4QGNAtPEuDRZmzy1FqaQ&s=19

Ooo baby

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

was that fan Rob Lowe

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

No good. Awful. Out of the league within 5 months.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

xbilkis posted:

Holding a lifelong grudge against the Arizona Cardinals for abandoning Chicago

Hey I already have squatter's rights on this gimmick

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I really doubt Myers is gonna be the starting center this season.

https://twitter.com/AndyHermanNFL/status/1688026543186927617

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

I really doubt Myers is gonna be the starting center this season.

https://twitter.com/AndyHermanNFL/status/1688026543186927617

Yea I dunno if his confidence is shaken and or he is pressing and causing all this dumb poo poo because he’s never looked THIS bad before.

O line should be interesting next year as Runyan and Yosh are free agents and Bak will probably be released or traded, so possibly three new starters next year. Fortunately they shouldn’t really have any pressing draft needs other than a safety and will have an extra first or second rounder from the Jets. But they currently have a few promising backups that could emerge as a potential starter, plus maybe they resign Runyon or Yosh, so they would only need to draft one starter in the draft. Rhyan seems to be getting solid buzz after his disastrous rookie year and Walker has had moments so far. Caleb Jones is the fun one to root for a developmental leap though as he is a loving mountain at 6’9 and 370 pounds.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hand Row posted:

O line should be interesting next year as Runyan and Yosh are free agents and Bak will probably be released or traded, so possibly three new starters next year. Fortunately they shouldn’t really have any pressing draft needs other than a safety and will have an extra first or second rounder from the Jets. But they currently have a few promising backups that could emerge as a potential starter, plus maybe they resign Runyon or Yosh, so they would only need to draft one starter in the draft. Rhyan seems to be getting solid buzz after his disastrous rookie year and Walker has had moments so far. Caleb Jones is the fun one to root for a developmental leap though as he is a loving mountain at 6’9 and 370 pounds.

At this point Runyan should be cheap to re-sign. I wouldn't be surprised to see a mid-season extension. I doubt we'll keep Yosh (or Bakh). He's (Yosh) developed well but not quite well enough to give a top-of-market contract which he'll probably get in free agency from a team desperate for a good tackle.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

ZombieCrew posted:

Man that first episode by Secret Base on the Vikings was really good. Just a great dive into the history, stories, and stats. Like hall of famer Alan Page from Canton. The guy that had a summer construction job building the HOF. Interesting stuff like that. I hope they do the Bears sometime.

Good news!

https://twitter.com/jon_bois/status/1687291903509676032

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
And Sufjan just has 48 states to go!

(nfcn has 100% of the completed ones :smug:)

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Jahmyr Gibbs was ringside at Summerslam last night.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I guess Jalen Reagor wasn't spicy enough for Minneapolis.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1688287919524462593

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Harry isn't an awful bottom-of-the-depth chart guy to have at WR tbh; he was a good blocker who made a few solid catches on very limited targets for the Bears

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

i’m so happy for every Lions fan who is enjoying this offseason, i can’t escape my anticipatory dread programming.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
imo the most encouraging thing about the Lions this season is that they've got a lot more talent. In the first two years of the Campbell/Holmes era (and especially that first season), there were some bright spots like the offensive line, but there were also some gargantuan holes that cost the team a bunch of games - especially on defense. Now, through both free agency and the draft, every unit has legitimate starters. The amount of depth behind those starters is still very much a concern, but on paper this team has the talent to make a stand against any other team in the NFC. That more than anything else is what's giving me hope this year, though it is precarious - as seen in the CJGJ injury scare, a handful of key dudes going down could absolutely turbofuck this season, and I'm going to be personally terrified every time it looks like Amon-Ra or Goff has anything more than a slight boo-boo.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Man, detroits wr corp does not look good. Obviously Sun God is great, but the talent (compounded with suspensions) really falls off after that.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I’d imagine Gibbs is gonna line up quite a bit at WR the first six games. And Ben Johnson probably wants to work LaPorta into the offense early, too.

Alternatively, just RUN THE FUCKIN’ BALL AD INFINTUM.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Per reports from training camp, LaPorta is a guaranteed day one starter and is already one of Goff's top targets.

https://twitter.com/erikschlitt/status/1687932151205928962?t=wqkx19P41ATUxxj32dadnw&s=19

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

ZombieCrew posted:

Man, detroits wr corp does not look good. Obviously Sun God is great, but the talent (compounded with suspensions) really falls off after that.

Pretty common theme for the NFC North. Vikings have Justin Jefferson then <hope>. Y'all have Amon St Bronw then <hope>. Bears have DJ moore then <hope>. Packers just have <hope>

either going to be incredible with a bunch of rookie breakout stars or revitalized careers in the bears case OR well

well

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Gonz posted:

Alternatively, just RUN THE FUCKIN’ BALL AD INFINTUM.

Gotta establish that run

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Losing Chark stung real bad but I believe in Josh Reynolds and Old Marvin Jones to handle things until Jamo gets back.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

I had a dream the Vikings and Lions were playing and the Lions were basically dominating but they lost because they botched two trick plays on special teams in the second half

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

mercenarynuker posted:

Gotta establish that run

The 2022-2023 Bears led the NFL in rushing and got the first overall pick, which I think is a pretty good indicator of the state of rushing in the NFL right now.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Nice piece on noted good QB Jordan Love.

https://twitter.com/DustyEvely/status/1688559007835799552

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1688556012775837696

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That was the moment they knew Love was ready to take over for Aaron Rodgers which is why they, checks notes, sat him behind an injured Aaron Rodgers for the rest of their season.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

MJeff posted:

That was the moment they knew Love was ready to take over for Aaron Rodgers which is why they, checks notes, sat him behind an injured Aaron Rodgers for the rest of their season.

Agreed. I’m so mad they let Rodgers blow winnable games when they had a first round pick/future of the franchise on the bench.

If Love sucks, best to get it over with sooner rather than later.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Benching Rodgers would've tanked his trade value and, given everything we know about Rodgers, he would've raised a massive loving stink. It would've derailed the season big time.

He was clearly still able to play, this wasn't a broken collarbone that he couldn't possibly argue against. Broken thumb in all likelihood affected his play quality, but he was still able to play and obviously still went out there to play.

Look how they handled him this past offseason. They had to wait until he vanished into the darkness before they finally started working on moving him away from the team.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

:siren: Rashan Gary activated off PUP. They're holding him to only individual drills for now, but good chance he'll be back on team drills within a couple weeks.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah at that point they were still trying to keep Rodgers and benching him, even if it was the correct move, would have ended that completely.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The Lions turfing the Packers out of the playoffs probably went a long, long way towards the front office deciding it was time to move on from Rodgers. If the team had pulled off that comeback winstreak and made it into the playoffs, shipping Rodgers out would've been wayyy more controversial and much more difficult to sell to the fanbase. As it was, the season fizzling out like that helped convince everyone it was time to part ways.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Glad to have helped. My advice would be to get used to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I think it was how it happened more than anything. For all the defense poo poo talking putting 16 up against that lions D is frankly pathetic