Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Maybe the true mad max is the friends we made along the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

SiKboy posted:

A dog and a troll man

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

SiKboy posted:

A weird man who feeds me drugs in the deep desert.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

The Kung Fu Panda tie-in game was actually really solid, I had fun with it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Biplane posted:

A bunch of supermodels

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Biplane posted:

Was that guy real or was I just hallucinating him because of the drugs?

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

The Lone Badger posted:

You got so high you hallucinated him and the drugs.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Sally posted:

this matches all four movies' timelines. Mad Max 1 the world is in decline and society is fraying at the edges. Mad Max 2 the world has collapsed due to endless oil wars. Mad Max 3 there's now references to nuclear devastation ("What's a little fallout, eh?"). Mad Max 4 some sort of traumatic world event has hosed the climate and oceans have receded.

A friend had a theory that someone used the ocean for reaction mass.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

The Lone Badger posted:

Yes.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Griffa's great because his entire purpose is to pull Max's head out of his rear end. His upgrades basically chart Max's growth from rear end in a top hat survivalist to actual heroic figure when he stops pretending he doesn't care.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Byzantine posted:

You got so high you hallucinated him and the drugs.

The strange lady who took you in and gave you breakfast was real, though.

BioEnchanted posted:

Griffa's great because his entire purpose is to pull Max's head out of his rear end. His upgrades basically chart Max's growth from rear end in a top hat survivalist to actual heroic figure when he stops pretending he doesn't care.

Feels like this is an arc Max has a lot, but then again it's hard to blame him; he so often gets at best used and betrayed by a community that's busy enough with its own problems, if not treated as an outright resource. He can't afford to care until he starts to understand there's something here worth fighting for.

Ghost Leviathan has a new favorite as of 09:34 on Aug 6, 2023

Thinky Whale
Aug 2, 2012

All that most maddens and torments; all that stirs up the lees of things; all truth with malice in it; all that cracks the sinews and cakes the brain; all the subtle demonisms of life and thought; all evil were visibly personified, and made practically assailable in Fry.
It's a neat touch in Baldur's Gate 3 that when a character is in stealth and you click on them, they whisper.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Feels like this is an arc Max has a lot, but then again it's hard to blame him; he so often gets at best used and betrayed by a community that's busy enough with its own problems, if not treated as an outright resource. He can't afford to care until he starts to understand there's something here worth fighting for.

It's not like it's subtle, the girl in the game that he spends it saving is literally called "Hope"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

One artifact in Stellaris is described as an impossibly valuable gemstone, with a history of driving people mad with the uncountable value of even chippings of it. I think it's meant to be the space Arkenstone.

Its activation effect gives you a completely absurd amount of energy (money) and gives some of your leaders the Maniacal trait, fittingly. Funny thing is the amount of energy it gives you is noted as a number well more than your empire can actually hold- and it only goes up over time. So in practice it maxes out your energy stockpile, but even the most advanced and enormous star empire can't truly comprehend or contain its sheer value.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

She made me nervous. :ohdear:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Hirayuki posted:

She made me nervous. :ohdear:

I too would be nervous if my dreams came true

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'd be more afraid of the vegemite sandwich guy honestly

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Look, he's perfectly harmless as long as you speak his language.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Double post. Something in BG3 that I love is reaction abilities. Playing a warlock is awesome when I can cast hellish rebuke on a dude across the room who had the temerity to attack me. It's like "you hit me? gently caress you in particular, eat hellfire!"

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

BioEnchanted posted:

Shame about the ending though.

It's the most Mad Max way it could've ended but man if it wasn't a little hm to watch the magnum opus go careening off the edge with Chumbucket, and then Max gets his car back and just... drives off into the distance again.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

darkwasthenight posted:

They do a really good job of muddying the waters. It was close enough that Max seems to have lived through the whole thing as an adult, but also long enough ago for people to have forgotten what planes are for. It's not really important enough for anybody to care.

In one of the Griffa encounters Max even admits that he no longer remembers or care which year it is or how old he is.
My favorite thing about Mad Max is that after Hope dies Max completely loses it and starts hearing voices. Freaked me out when suddenly there was voice saying "kill them all" coming from the ps4 controller.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i don't remember that happening as part of the game

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i don't remember that happening as part of the game

Well, that's....worrisome.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

It's a tiny thing but in Remnant 2 if you are using the Handler class, you get a very good dog to help out.
If you crouch, the dog dips their head and no longer makes the typical whines and barks.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Inzombiac posted:

It's a tiny thing but in Remnant 2 if you are using the Handler class, you get a very good dog to help out.
If you crouch, the dog dips their head and no longer makes the typical whines and barks.

Stealth dogs rule

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Opopanax posted:

Stealth dogs rule

I hate the fact that you can't give DD that face armor if you outfit him with the fulton capability. One of the greatest joys in life is letting your dog run around launching people up on balloons, and it's a shame you can't give him the cutest outfit while doing so.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Not necessarily a little thing, but I'm kind of amazed there's still new Rock Band dlc being released every week.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Necrothatcher posted:

Not necessarily a little thing, but I'm kind of amazed there's still new Rock Band dlc being released every week.

I had no idea :O

Is it for PC?? I must go check.

edit: as of 2016, "hopefully soon!"

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I just loving lost it laughing while playing Vernal Edge, a sorta-metroidvania-like game that's been out since March. In it you play as Vernal, a young girl who's out to kill the big bad guy for revenge, and you start the game out with a letter from your deceased mother. If you try to read it, Vernal says she hasn't read it yet, and after spending a little bit of time with your robot-human-consciousness-buddy, Vernal admits that she can't read, but she holds onto it for safe-keeping. It's the only memento she has of her dead mother, while her sword presumably belongs to her (very much alive, but Big Bad Guy) father. Kind of a mixed bag of mementos!

You continue on with the story, and as you're playing you can buy these different moves which can be charged in mid-air to better help break enemy stagger (HUGELY important) but as a little added bonus, they can add some height and distance to your jumps. This actually helped me access an upgrade from one of the towns that adds height to your dash, which means that you can get even more height on your goofy loving jumps to get up to upgrades that you may-or-may-not supposed to be able to do yet. I've grabbed several chests this way + the dash powerup that gives the dash a hitbox, so you can just baaarely touch a chest and have it open, giving you all the cash inside.

I just found a little treasure trove with three chests inside, and a particularly tricky jump to get up to them. You have to jump, touch your head to the ceiling, fall slightly, do an upward-angled dash to get a little extra height, all while holding the charge-attack button down so you can activate the up-charge-aerial-attack which gives you just enough height to stand on a little fruit for half a second, just enough time to jump again and dash to get to the treasure chests. I had just talked to a guy in town who berated me for asking about his treasure, even though I never asked at all, and when I was collecting the three chests I noticed there was a sign right next to them. Since this pirate dude just spent all that time explaining how he was never going to tell me where to find his treasure, I thought "ha! Found it anyway you paranoid bastard, lemme go check and see" and when I pressed up on the sign, Vernal says "I can't read" and I facepalmed so goddamned hard

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

The Mad Max game is full of little things, especially if you grab the collectibles. They're all pretty horrid, but I have a favorite:

The only canned food left from the Old World is dog food...

...because they ate all the dogs, so there was nothing to eat their food.

While cannibalism is hugely frowned upon in the game's world, the main food/healing item is maggots. Where do the maggots come from, you ask?

Well, sometimes you find rotting human corpses in the wild and... Max holds his nose and digs in.

One of the safe house upgrades are maggot farms. It's not just implied that they collect bodies to fuel the flies, there are body parts just kinda laying around close to the tupperware totes full of rotting people-meat.

In a very morbid way, Max going ham on Warboys and Scavs puts food on the table.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Fun bit in Baldur's Gate 3: Every character has the ability to throw objects in the game world. Mostly this is used for stuff like throwing bombs or potions, and occasionally for interacting with the game world like triggering a trap with a rock or something. However, I recently noticed that if you're fighting something smaller than yourself such as goblins, you can absolutely pick up a guy (or his body) and throw him at another guy. :allears:

https://i.imgur.com/XsBsa50.mp4

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Again BG3, being able to speak with animals leads to some good conversations. Also, talking to what I thought was a pregnant hyena ended up very different than expected.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Perestroika posted:

Fun bit in Baldur's Gate 3: Every character has the ability to throw objects in the game world. Mostly this is used for stuff like throwing bombs or potions, and occasionally for interacting with the game world like triggering a trap with a rock or something. However, I recently noticed that if you're fighting something smaller than yourself such as goblins, you can absolutely pick up a guy (or his body) and throw him at another guy. :allears:

If you haven't beaten a goblin to death with the corpse of their best friend as a raving psychopath "hero", I don't know what to tell ya. Especially if you're playing a Barbarian.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
I accidentally kicked a squirrel to death by winning a dexterity check. I thought it would, I dunno, nudge the little bugger out of the way or something but I kicked it so hard it pretty much turned into mince when it hit a tree.

Had to reload that save. Felt too bad. Even if the little gently caress bit me. (I couldn't speak to animals at the time)

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Hey, stick to the ground and leave the trees to him, ok?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Is the squirrel a mandatory encounter or something? It's the only part of the game I see anyone talk about, after we all got over the bear loving

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Not to my knowledge, however once I got speak with animals I made it a point to seek out every non-hostile animal I could find.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Does BG3 have the awful gear and scaling seen in DOS2?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Roblo posted:

I accidentally kicked a squirrel to death by winning a dexterity check. I thought it would, I dunno, nudge the little bugger out of the way or something but I kicked it so hard it pretty much turned into mince when it hit a tree.
That sounds like an extremely faithful presentation of my high school tabletop sessions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

haveblue posted:

Is the squirrel a mandatory encounter or something? It's the only part of the game I see anyone talk about, after we all got over the bear loving

The squirrel encounter is very early on in the first town in the game, so if you're looking around, it's easy enough to find.