Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite Kirby Super Star power?
This poll is closed.
Beam 3 1.79%
Bomb 3 1.79%
Cook 1 0.60%
Copy 3 1.79%
Crash 1 0.60%
Cutter 5 2.98%
Fighter 5 2.98%
Fire 3 1.79%
Hammer 13 7.74%
Ice 3 1.79%
Jet 3 1.79%
Mike (sic) 14 8.33%
Mirror 11 6.55%
Ninja 5 2.98%
Paint 0 0%
Parasol 2 1.19%
Plasma 4 2.38%
Sleep 9 5.36%
Starship 5 2.98%
Stone 6 3.57%
Suplex 22 13.10%
Sword 20 11.90%
Wheel 6 3.57%
Wing 6 3.57%
Yo-Yo 15 8.93%
Total: 168 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
A robot army being successfully deployed pretty much guarantees that Elon Musk was not involved

Chev posted:

Robots being garbage isn't particularly exclusive to that person, it's a general characteristic.
He's referring specifically to Elon Musk with all of the stuff he said

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Volte posted:

A robot army being successfully deployed pretty much guarantees that Elon Musk was not involved

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Volte posted:

He's referring specifically to Elon Musk with all of the stuff he said

I was using Tesla as a representative of modern tech companies. Notice in my next post I mention the F-35, which Elon Musk was not involved with.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Gripweed posted:

I was using Tesla as a representative of modern tech companies. Notice in my next post I mention the F-35, which Elon Musk was not involved with.
Yeah but as far as I can tell the F-35 thing isn't really true (edit: not that it's not a huge stupid money sink, but "lol it can't fly in rain" isn't true)

Volte fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Aug 6, 2023

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Gripweed has a pretty good point though. Elon Musk or not a robot is only as good as its creator, and most of the people that would want to cause a robot apocalypse are idiots.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Sure but we're talking sci-fi stories where a robot army already exists. Obviously nobody is talking about an army of barely mobile prototypes that do a dance and fall over

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Infinitum posted:

Love sci-fi fantasy where it is Man vs Machine, and the Humans Soldiers can somehow hold their own against the Robot Soldiers

As opposed to what would actually happen in that Robo Soldiers would just murder everything with 100% accuracy at insane rates of fire.

Luckily a bug in the code has made the robosoldiers aim exclusively at children, making it a rousing success for the human soldiers

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

RBA Starblade posted:

Luckily a bug in the code has made the robosoldiers aim exclusively at children, making it a rousing success for the human soldiers

If you just wear a specially made sweater the robot's computer vision can't even see you.

https://www.marktechpost.com/2022/1...gnizing-people/

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Gripweed posted:

F-35 is a terrible robot. Requires a pilot, doesn't have robomode, they always fail to give it a sweet paint job, and it looks like one of those planes from the boring scenes in top gun 2.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I want more Baldur's Gates, and Final Fantay's, give me all of them.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
No, it’s time for SMT. Where is it?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

there's like five Final Fantasies already

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

hatty posted:

No, it’s time for SMT. Where is it?

They renamed it to SMRPG

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Shin Megami Rpgensei

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Gripweed posted:

The world ended when the robots attacked. Millions died in the first day. But then we found out that the dummies used in their friend or foe system testing literally had “friend” or “foe” written on them, so if you write “friend” on a piece of paper and tape it to your shirt the robots won’t attack you.

Literally true

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

stupid loving robots don't even know a pizza when they see one lmao

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Hwurmp posted:

stupid loving robots don't even know a pizza when they see one lmao

The same could be said of all Chicagoans.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I wish more places in the UK did proper deep dish pizza. They're loving delicious.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Ive had Chicago pizza for the first time when I was in the city recently and it was alright. maybe I'm just not used to eating it but it was kinda sloppy compared to the NY style I'm used to

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I visited a friend staying in Denver many years ago, and he tried convincing me that Denver-style was a type of pizza, I told him to gently caress off

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Gripweed posted:

The world ended when the robots attacked. Millions died in the first day. But then we found out that the dummies used in their friend or foe system testing literally had “friend” or “foe” written on them, so if you write “friend” on a piece of paper and tape it to your shirt the robots won’t attack you.

people could slap FOE on the robots' backs by writing FOE on a piece of paper while covering it with their hands, taping a blank piece of paper over that, putting some loose tape on it, taping both papers to a robot's back, and then ripping off the blank cover at an arm's distance

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

When I was in Chicago, the person who took my food order at a restaurant recommended we not order the Chicago Style pizza because it would take like an hour to make and the novelty wouldn't be worth the extra wait.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I'm sure that gamers will debate endlessly on whether or not BG3 is a true successor to Baldur's Gate 2, but I would like to offer an alternate perspective: It is actually a successor to Dark Messiah. The frequency of bottomless pits located everywhere and the number of ways you can hit, shove, or kick enemies into them is nothing less than inspiring. Begone foes, I commit thee to the abyss.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BG3 is not what I would have wanted for a sequel to BG2, but it's still a great RPG and i'm really happy with how it turned out.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It is exactly divinity original sin 3

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’m having trouble getting into bg3 to be honest, I think it’s the overflow of buttons. Every combat turn I’m like “ok I can grab the imp and throw him at the hellhound, idk what that’s gonna do, or I could jump to the ledge up there and idk cast one of these ten spells (I’m level 2). or I can hit the imp with my sword and probably kill it”

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

seduce the imp

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

It is exactly divinity original sin 3

Yeah that's why it's good.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
People say "it's just D:OS2 with a coat of paint" to argue why it's not really Baldur's Gate, but I think D:OS/D:OS2 pushed the CRPG genre out of the mire of nostalgia it had trouble getting out of since Baldur's Gate 2. BG2 was so successful because of what it and its predecessor did that was new and innovative, not because of what previous thing it paid nostalgic tribute to. Divinity 3: Baldur's Gate is exactly what the franchise needed IMO. POE1 was supposed to be the renaissance of Baldur's Gate's legacy and look how that turned out. And then POE2 deviated significantly from that old formula and was much better for it. Taking franchises in new directions and shedding the cruft of previous entries in favour of new things is what good sequels should do.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

No i mean it is exactly dos3. Including every companion character being pretty high up on the fucker scale. I need a Jan Jansen

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
IT'S MAHVEL TOP 6 BAYBEE, GET IN HERE

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

stev posted:

I wish more places in the UK did proper deep dish pizza. They're loving delicious.

JAPES in Soho is drat good

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Escobarbarian posted:

JAPES in Soho is drat good

Yeah that's the only good one I've found in London.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

tonally bg3 feels “this isn’t your DADDY’s gate” a lil too much, it’s the most gruesome d&d-adjacent thing I’ve ever experienced by a factor of twenty, and it’s just not… fun. I really was wanting something like the recent d&d movie.

The solution to all this is of course to pretend that it really is just dos3 and adjust my expectations accordingly. Tonight I’m gonna start a new game with my dos2 co-op partner who knows nothing about d&d and I’m betting we’re gonna have an awesome time

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

bone emulator posted:

When I was in Chicago, the person who took my food order at a restaurant recommended we not order the Chicago Style pizza because it would take like an hour to make and the novelty wouldn't be worth the extra wait.

The sauce is like 90% of the reason I ever want pizza, so Chicago style sauce buckets really own imo.

P.S. if you want free extra cheese on pizza, ask for light cheese, extra sauce. Those fuckers will never ever give you extra sauce but they will unceremoniously smother your pizza in sauce-glue .

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Jay Rust posted:

tonally bg3 feels “this isn’t your DADDY’s gate” a lil too much, it’s the most gruesome d&d-adjacent thing I’ve ever experienced by a factor of twenty, and it’s just not… fun. I really was wanting something like the recent d&d movie.

"gruesome" is not what i got from all marketing and coverage

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Rinkles posted:

"gruesome" is not what i got from all marketing and coverage

Infinitum posted:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1686774790957473792

lol why was that even an option

Murderhobo campaign confirmed

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
"gruesome" is pretty accurate for that squirrel video though

not a lot of other words for a small animal exploding off a rock like a water balloon

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This is from the first dialogue conversation in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

It’s the most “serious” Larian has ever been but even then it’s pretty drat goofy.