Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Elias_Maluco posted:

I just realized that Matt Taibbi could come back and release another round of leaks and call it “x-files”

he already stopped government collusion with private enterprise so he doesn't need to anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

RealityWarCriminal posted:

notice how it's only ever Musk talking about the fight

Zuck only talks with his fists.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

musk is going to go down in the ring like lowtax except even more embarassingly because it's against a sentient twig of a man instead of uwe boll

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol zuck didnt agree to this at all and when he says no elon will claim victory
zuck posted "Send Me Location" after musk first started talking about it

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Just a Moron posted:

I showed you my dick, pls respond

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

loling that he cant afford to pay twitter influencers because of tim cook taking too big a cut but that he can pay for someones legal fees

I never understood this excuse, they raised the price of X Premium (formerly Twitter Blue) to compensate if you purchased it through Apple, so what does it have to do with anything?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

some would say tesla is the apple of evs

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Lol

Ngl, Imagine being the richest man of all time and interacting with a loving krassenstein, imo

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

notice how it's only ever Musk talking about the fight

Zucks training inside the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, there's no internet in there

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Egg Moron posted:

Lol

Imagine being the richest man of all time.

I’m constructing the worlds largest indoor pyramid waterpark.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

My brother in law told me last night that Elon bought Twitter to save it from the libs, and is a hero for losing all this money on purpose.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

magiccarpet posted:

My brother in law told me last night that Elon bought Twitter to save it from the libs, and is a hero for losing all this money on purpose.

your BIL is an idiot

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea
What's next, you're going to tell me that Elon Musk uses his position of power to abuse people beneath him? He was always nice to me!!

https://twitter.com/Grimezsz/status/1688163533761241088

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

magiccarpet posted:

your BIL is a patriot

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Beached Whale posted:

What's next, you're going to tell me that Elon Musk uses his position of power to abuse people beneath him? He was always nice to me!!

https://twitter.com/Grimezsz/status/1688163533761241088

reminder that not only did lizzo of all people fat shame her dancers, she had them eating bananas out of people's vaginas at sex clubs as a "team building exercise"

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i am honestly surprised grimes hasn't stopped breathing because she heard she was doing it wrong

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

TheMightyBoops posted:

I’m constructing the worlds largest indoor pyramid waterpark.

Bingo, I’m digging graves all over my property and filling them with jello, we all have great ideas, and also I’m going to pay the local Shakespeare club to do live performances of sg1 episodes, like the one where they get captured and mind wiped and forced to Work on the energy plant, there’s a voyager two parter with the same plot called workforce but the sg1 episode is more satisfying. Tealc and tuvok both reject the mind conditioning I think, many parallels

I just know I ain’t texting no drat krassenstein if I’m worth a hot drat amount of money

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol zuck didnt agree to this at all and when he says no elon will claim victory

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Hahaha, good

Whatever happened to mommy dearest (puppet account) pulling musk from the fight?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
musk and zuck will fight when the tesla goes full self driving and the cybertruck comes out

Troutful
May 31, 2011

Schmoe Cwead posted:

musk and zuck will fight when the tesla goes full self driving and the cybertruck comes out

fighting on top of a moving cybertruck -- the event of the century.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Mr. Lobe posted:

Hahaha, good

Whatever happened to mommy dearest (puppet account) pulling musk from the fight?

the maya musk persona is presently suppressed by the steroid + ketamine cocktail

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Zuck's obsession with being Caesar reborn means there's a decent chance he crucifies Musk.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

it's adorable that they snipe at each other from their competing social media platforms and communicate through screenshots

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Malloc Voidstar posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1688039099330879488
lol if twitter ends up suing a company because they fired someone for following the anti-trans terrorist account
this will fix twitter's financial issues

The whole point is to make companies afraid of taking any action against someone for spewing a bunch of right wing hate at work, which normalizes that hate and marginalizes the people they are spewing it against.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Thoguh posted:

The whole point is to make companies afraid of taking any action against someone for spewing a bunch of right wing hate at work, which normalizes that hate and marginalizes the people they are spewing it against.

yaep

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Elon and Kanye harmonizing during his entrance

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

when was the last time the world's richest man was constantly zonked out of his mind on gizmos and making weird public proclamations? sure it's happened before

Emperor Lucius Aelius Aurelius Commodus Augustus Herculeus Romanus Exsuperatorius Amazonius Invictus Felix Pius of Colonia Lucia Annia Commodiana comes to mind immediately.

quote:

Commodus also had a passion for gladiatorial combat, which he took so far as to take to the arena himself, dressed as a secutor. The Romans found Commodus' gladiatorial combat to be scandalous and disgraceful. According to Herodian, spectators of Commodus thought it unbecoming of an emperor to take up arms in the amphitheater for sport when he could be campaigning against barbarians among other opponents of Rome. The consensus was that it was below his office to participate as a gladiator.

They also share rejecting their father.

quote:

Cassius Dio, a first-hand witness, describes him as "not naturally wicked but, on the contrary, as guileless as any man that ever lived. His great simplicity, however, together with his cowardice, made him the slave of his companions, and it was through them that he at first, out of ignorance, missed the better life and then was led on into lustful and cruel habits, which soon became second nature."

His recorded actions do tend to show a rejection of his father's policies, his father's advisers, and especially his father's austere lifestyle, and an alienation from the surviving members of his family. It seems likely that he was raised in an atmosphere of Stoic asceticism, which he rejected entirely upon his accession to sole rule.

As well as the love for puzzling name changes.

quote:

His original name was Lucius Aelius Aurelius Commodus. On his father's death in 180, Commodus changed this to Marcus Aurelius Antoninus Commodus, before changing back to his birth name in 191.

Later that year he adopted as his full style Lucius Aelius Aurelius Commodus Augustus Herculeus Romanus Exsuperatorius Amazonius Invictus Felix Pius (the order of some of these titles varies in the sources). "Exsuperatorius" (the supreme) was a title given to Jupiter, and "Amazonius" identified him again with Hercules.

quote:

During 191, the city of Rome was extensively damaged by a fire that raged for several days, during which many public buildings including the Temple of Pax, the Temple of Vesta, and parts of the imperial palace were destroyed.

Perhaps seeing this as an opportunity, early in 192 Commodus, declaring himself the new Romulus, ritually re-founded Rome, renaming the city Colonia Lucia Annia Commodiana. All the months of the year were renamed to correspond exactly with his (now twelve) names: Lucius, Aelius, Aurelius, Commodus, Augustus, Herculeus, Romanus, Exsuperatorius, Amazonius, Invictus, Felix, and Pius. The legions were renamed Commodianae, the fleet which imported grain from Africa was termed Alexandria Commodiana Togata, the Senate was entitled the Commodian Fortunate Senate, his palace and the Roman people themselves were all given the name Commodianus, and the day on which these reforms were decreed was to be called Dies Commodianus.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Thoguh posted:

i can't imagine that dial can be turned to a faster speed

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Nenonen posted:

Emperor Lucius Aelius Aurelius Commodus Augustus Herculeus Romanus Exsuperatorius Amazonius Invictus Felix Pius of Colonia Lucia Annia Commodiana comes to mind immediately.

They also share rejecting their father.

As well as the love for puzzling name changes.

lololol you left out this part

https://medium.com/illumination-curated/the-entire-roman-empire-was-once-auctioned-off-to-the-highest-bidder-5e3bd055e236

quote:

In 193AD, there was considerable turmoil in the Roman Empire. Emperor Commodus had been assassinated on New Years Eve 192, and it was hoped the transition to a new emperor would be simple. The Empire had just experienced 200 years of peace, the “Pax Romana”, and most wanted things to carry on as before.

It was not going to happen. The following year would become known as The Year of the Five Emperors. A few months after the death of Commodus, the position of emperor and control of the entire Roman Empire would be sold in an auction.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

this is how the world ends. two pathetic tech dorks punching the poo poo out of each other in the ring as the world burns.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Grimes is dumb as dogshit

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Most of the Emperors were not-Severus guys who kept getting owned by him, to be fair.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Once the betting sites pick it up I'm gonna put a few hundo on Zuck to destroy him in three rounds.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

can the chancery court force musk to get in the ring

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
zuck is going to do a mortal kombat fatality on elon lol

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

year of the five emperors is extremely funny if you like the genre of rich people doing extremely dumb poo poo and immediately getting owned

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

anyone else ever do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
go on a date? nope