Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

Tonetta posted:

don't joke cause that's exactly what happened for me. needed 1 fairly common unique & instead got over 10 of the other helm instead

didn't get a barber either. didn't farm an exploit for one but I did have 15 or so of the scepters or w/e they are & also killed varshan each of those runs in wt4 for 30 of the white hearts.

This was me. Never saw Tempest Roar and my necro keeps getting the same rotation of trash. I'm burnt after a week of junk. NMD, you were supposed to have all the loot! :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Someone convince me to keep my creeperslide build until I get the fun trampleslide aspect instead of switching to a pulverize build using vasily's prayer.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

EC posted:

Someone convince me to keep my creeperslide build until I get the fun trampleslide aspect instead of switching to a pulverize build using vasily's prayer.

You should do what you said here.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I agree

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

is it just me or are there a ton of dead bodies on the ground that have the interact button highlighted but do nothing?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Tonetta posted:

don't joke cause that's exactly what happened for me. needed 1 fairly common unique & instead got over 10 of the other helm instead

didn't get a barber either. didn't farm an exploit for one but I did have 15 or so of the scepters or w/e they are & also killed varshan each of those runs in wt4 for 30 of the white hearts.

Starting to get twinges of this too. Approaching 75 and pulverize is fun (uneven on bosses though), but I'm on my third unique bear helmet and just need that tempest roar to respec.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

hawowanlawow posted:

is it just me or are there a ton of dead bodies on the ground that have the interact button highlighted but do nothing?

Some are the type the spiders can latch onto and animate but if you not in an area with spiders then idk

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Confused why my only good drops all have +close damage but it makes for an interesting bone spear build when everything is chilled, slowed, and usually stunned

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Mailer posted:

At 20 barbers (plus the one I'm using) that's it for the weekend. Have two min rolls and one max, but I'm using a 3.7 and it's fine so they're all more or less usable. Saved up a bunch of the grizzly-rage-on-stun hearts in case they nerf it into the ground.

Now to get to 100 and quit before I ever get a wolf hat.

what method were ylu using to get them?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Anyone trying to find another/better/their first Tempest Roar, remember that certain enemies favor specific drops

Cultists (Helms & Staves) followed by Cannibals (Helms, Axes, 2H Axes) are the best enemies. Nightmare Dungeons have an absurdly high item drop rate this season, from Elite kills & from completion

Faceless Shrine and Heretics Asylum have the highest density of these, although they're considered to be poor XP dungeons. That gives you at least one reason to run 'em! Pallid Delve is one of the best XP Dungeons and has a lot of Cannibals, too

Also play with a friend. The item drop rate goes through the roof.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Soonmot posted:

what method were ylu using to get them?

For the next day or so, until the next patch, you can reset the dungeon if you never complete the quest. So you zip through it to the boss, only stopping if there's a wrathful elite in the tunnels, then whack the boss. TP, reset dungeon, take TP back to new dungeon, repeat. Boss is 100% wrathful and if you get one on the way then bonus.

At WT4 he also can drop ilvl 800+ items, but I've only been doing it at WT3 so the drops are all trash aside from the hearts.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Anyone trying to find another/better/their first Tempest Roar, remember that certain enemies favor specific drops

Cultists (Helms & Staves) followed by Cannibals (Helms, Axes, 2H Axes) are the best enemies. Nightmare Dungeons have an absurdly high item drop rate this season, from Elite kills & from completion

Faceless Shrine and Heretics Asylum have the highest density of these, although they're considered to be poor XP dungeons. That gives you at least one reason to run 'em! Pallid Delve is one of the best XP Dungeons and has a lot of Cannibals, too

https://diablo4.life/tools/target-farming is a useful site with a few good tools including this unique farming tool that'll tell you good dungeons to farm for any given unique. I also like the aspect gambling tool.

Since I'm resharing tools I found here, there's also this tool for figuring out expected enchanting outcomes and exploring item affixes https://www.d4craft.com/

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Has anyone proven that target farming even works for uniques? Like I thought the way their loot drop is insane where it comes from a separate loot roll check which is why they had a problem when they tried to force target farming in helltides and had to disable it and go back to an ancestral just randomly dropping from chest the entire pool.

edited for clarity because I am an idiot

Vire fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Aug 6, 2023

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
It’s been proven that certain enemies drop certain types of items more often. If you run some of those dungeons you will quickly see the diff - like 1/3 - 1/2 of each inventory sell off will be helms

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Is barber any good for rogue? I finally got one but not sure if it’s worth using on a flurry loadout.

EDIT: immediately after posting this a wrathful showed up and gave me the imbuement one so guess I’m set for now.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Aug 6, 2023

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Time posted:

It’s been proven that certain enemies drop certain types of items more often. If you run some of those dungeons you will quickly see the diff - like 1/3 - 1/2 of each inventory sell off will be helms

Correct but I don't know that applies to things out side of rares / legendaries is what I am trying to say. The way I understood is the item first rolls on a table to determine item quality which is why when they forced for example uniques helmets to drop at a higher rate in hell tides it rained shakos on sorcs and barbs because they had none in the table. I have found no information actually proving that target farming applies to uniques other then clickbait youtube videos so I am just asking has anyone proved it or is it just something everyone is assuming because in this game with how stupid it is coded I wouldn't assume anything hahaha.

edit: I am an idiot and wrote ancestrals in the first post sorry my bad.

I will say it would make sense with the amount of fist of fates I have seen considering the amount of sarat lairs I have run so yeah maybe it works just from thinking about it a bit more.

Vire fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Aug 6, 2023

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
My current tinfoil hat theory is that your teammates influence what items drop for you. When I play with a Necro buddy, my Druid gets lots of scythes and Shields. But I also get Unique Helmets at least twice a hour playing with him

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Vire posted:

Correct but I don't know that applies to things out side of rares / legendaries is what I am trying to say. The way I understood is the item first rolls on a table to determine item quality which is why when they forced for example uniques helmets to drop at a higher rate in hell tides it rained shakos on sorcs and barbs because they had none in the table. I have found no information actually proving that target farming applies to uniques other then clickbait youtube videos so I am just asking has anyone proved it or is it just something everyone is assuming because in this game with how stupid it is coded I wouldn't assume anything hahaha.

edit: I am an idiot and wrote ancestrals in the first post sorry my bad.

I will say it would make sense with the amount of fist of fates I have seen considering the amount of sarat lairs I have run so yeah maybe it works just from thinking about it a bit more.

Oh, I get what you’re asking now - yeah I can’t speak to the back end or provide anything other than my own experience, but I got tempest roars earlyish leveling by targeting those enemies. I’m stamping it a solid works4me

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

completely unplayable rubberbanding lag from TX today

16ms ping to speedtest but 500+ ping to D4 servers

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Is anyone else having NM dungeons just not complete? Like you do the last thing and it hangs for half a second, but you never get the bubble, the end-dungeon loot, or the glyph upgrade thing?

Solo so it's not spawning on someone someplace else in the dungeon.

Snorri
Apr 23, 2002

Cyrano4747 posted:

Is anyone else having NM dungeons just not complete? Like you do the last thing and it hangs for half a second, but you never get the bubble, the end-dungeon loot, or the glyph upgrade thing?

Solo so it's not spawning on someone someplace else in the dungeon.

The delay for me the past 48 hours has been extremely noticeable, but they have always eventually spawned.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Snorri posted:

The delay for me the past 48 hours has been extremely noticeable, but they have always eventually spawned.

The last one I got up, took a leak, got a beer, and made a snack. Had to be a solid ~5-8 minutes or so. No spawn. :shrug:

notwithyourheart
Dec 27, 2013

sometimes the bubble never appears until i pick up a health potion

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
i’ve not had it where the bubble doesn’t spawn but i’ve had it where it didn’t give me the loot at the end

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

Got into Tier III and my Flurry / Poison build is feeling anemic. Am I stuck doing TB? I don’t really enjoy the play style, although the death trap version might be more fun. Tried switching to a Barrage build and couldn’t survive.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

hawowanlawow posted:

completely unplayable rubberbanding lag from TX today

16ms ping to speedtest but 500+ ping to D4 servers

same in australia and i domt have crossplay on, very annoying

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Reached the end of the free battlepass rewards and I think I'm good till next season. Made it to WT4 with a Rapid Fire/Shadow Imbue focused Rogue build, but I don't think I'm really willing to continue the grind all the way to 100 to fight Uber Lilith. Suppressor enemies with damage aura champions as backup were the bane of my existence the entire time. I really think they need to take another pass at the leveling curve or difficulty or something. Once you get past 60 WT3 became a sleepwalk for me, but WT4 was absolutely brutal and I was never able to successfully complete a WT4 NM dungeon before I stopped. Never found a single Wrathful heart either, aside from the guaranteed one from the seasonal storyline, despite killing Varshan 5~ times. I'll roll a barb next season, here's hoping the next one has a little more meat on the bones.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

mentalcontempt posted:

Got into Tier III and my Flurry / Poison build is feeling anemic. Am I stuck doing TB? I don’t really enjoy the play style, although the death trap version might be more fun. Tried switching to a Barrage build and couldn’t survive.

I made an all poison werewolf build before season 1 and yeah, it was great until I got into tier 3 even after upgrading to sacreds

edit: For my current season 1 frost sorc, I ended up having to go back to WT 3 and grind out the top teir sacred NM dungeons even though they were easy until like level 63. There 100% needs to be a tier between 3 and 4

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Aug 6, 2023

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

WT4 asks you to stack some damage conditions and passives and aspects or get some real defense because everything starts at 75 and you're probably used to fighting way easier things or stuff not +15 levels above your character.

Game seems overly balanced towards fighting things only a few levels above your character so that it feels approachable for any build or set of semi appropriate items.

satanic splash-back fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Aug 6, 2023

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Decided to run some tunnels to try and get a Barber and see what the fuss is about, since I'm getting to the point where exp from those runs will be dropping off fast. Did it ~10 times with killing Varshan each time and only one junky wrathful dropped, but Varshan did drop me a Windforce with generally great rolls, so I'm happy about that at least. (unfortunately, the one bad roll was the double damage percent one...)

Also, earlier, some Penitent Greaves dropped for me and.... meh? I was expecting more given how many things say OMG BIS but I found them suuuuper underwhelming. The movement speed increase is nice, but losing extra dodge charges and a huge DR when injured bonus seems to make my old, much lower level boots better. I honestly can't even tell that the chill is doing anything. Maybe they'd feel better if I weren't playing ranged and already getting random frost imbue from Vile Apothecary?

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Is barber any good for rogue? I finally got one but not sure if it’s worth using on a flurry loadout.

EDIT: immediately after posting this a wrathful showed up and gave me the imbuement one so guess I’m set for now.

I'm a flurry rapid fire rogue and barber definitely speeds up mob killing and elites, but for bosses I switch out to the imbue one because I want my lucky hit procs to keep vuln, energy regen via rapid fire, and self heal up.

On another note, leveling up an alt druid has been surprisingly breezy. The first 25 levels or so were boring and slow, but then I started imprinting, enchanting, and upgrading everything because I don't have to worry about resources, and 25 to 45 have just blown by and this pulverize build is singing. Gonna try the capstone though I've found single target damage to be weak.

Shrimp or Shrimps fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Aug 6, 2023

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
I think it's very silly that the "dungeon complete" check is somehow broken. I've probably imagined that part of the reason for D4 instead of, like, a D3 expansion was to get away from D3's engine problems, but they've got some absolutely baffling stuff going on in this one so I dunno man.

Different thought track: I've been playing Blood Lance, and I'm up to 72 now. My gear is... decent-ish, minus the part where I have somehow never been able to find an amulet that isn't total trash. I've been feeling kinda vaguely unsatisfied with how long it takes to kill things, and have been (mostly unsuccessfully) keeping an eye out for items for other specs... but also I'm doing NM38s (level 92 mobs) without much actual stress so maybe it's my brain that's the problem? Also no Barber, which may also be not helping.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

mentalcontempt posted:

The poison tank build is super powerful. I don’t think I’ve used a single potion since I switched to it. And I only have like half the aspects for it yet.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Just farm up a Stolen Vigor aspect and run flurry rapid fire or double imbuements TB and speedrun your way to 80.

wudijo has crafted two of the most sorted builds in the game right now for levelling/farming at speed. I'm about 64 and still mostly rocking sacred gear, and everything in WT4 just dies.

Except varjan he's a punk.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
We hit 60 and decided to the capstone and basically walked through Elias. Then WT4 proceeded to completely murder us. Can't decide if I should try to stick it out and hopefully get better gear (WT3 hasn't dropped real upgrades for us in awhile) or knock the difficulty down to finish renown in between doing nightmare dungeons.

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

RCarr posted:

The poison tank build is super powerful. I don’t think I’ve used a single potion since I switched to it. And I only have like half the aspects for it yet.

I tried looking this up but didn’t find many links… would you happen to have one? Thanks.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

EC posted:

which is the build that knocks all the mobs out of range for me in legion events? you should spec out of that one

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

EC posted:

We hit 60 and decided to the capstone and basically walked through Elias. Then WT4 proceeded to completely murder us. Can't decide if I should try to stick it out and hopefully get better gear (WT3 hasn't dropped real upgrades for us in awhile) or knock the difficulty down to finish renown in between doing nightmare dungeons.

Might want to start the nightmare dungeon grind while you figure out how to optimize that sweet spot of DPS and survivability.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

EC posted:

Your first decent item level ancestral weapon is an enormous power boost even with mediocre affixes, so if you can scrape out some kills or at least stay in the vicinity of players who can clear content it's worth the pain for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

EC posted:

If you have any strongholds left they're always your level+2 regardless of world tier