Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
BG3 is too long, man, it's like turnbased Elden Ring

took a wrong turn ("im level 3, yeah sure I'll search for the Night Song :D") and now its 30 hours and I just got to act 2

edit: I never found it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

In BG3, do benched party members continue to gain XP?

Should I even try to use all the party members, or just use the top 3 I care about most?

Astarion is entertaining, but I find that I don't really enjoy playing Rogue much.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

i have no idea how to progress in act 3 the only way i know how to get passed the guard checkpoint is get arrested and break out but im not sneaky enough and fighting an entire prison worth of guards sounds boring

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

Should I even try to use all the party members, or just use the top 3 I care about most?

Astarion is entertaining, but I find that I don't really enjoy playing Rogue much.

Yeah, every time I go back and switch party members I have to do a couple of level ups in a row if I haven't used them in awhile.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I just use the mod that lets me use all party members, game is hard enough already

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I just use the mod that lets me use all party members, game is hard enough already
the trick is to just not find enough potential party members that you even realize this is a mechanic, and you instead wonder why they have the option to let people stay at camp at all

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

KirbyKhan posted:

My videojuego today is listening to this nerd explain this mystery game for 7 hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiH2SjjowKw

I'm 1.5 hours in and I think it's pretty good true crime podcast and an interesting successor to Alpha Protocol and MODE of all things.

This thread moves too fast, but Who's Lila slaps, play it. In 7 hours you could probably 100% it yourself and it's much more satisfyig figuring out what the gently caress is going on than watching someone else do it.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
playing baldurs gate 3 without having played the first two

i can now really understand why ive always heard people call forgotten realms the least interesting fantasy setting

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I'm playing it with a group and it's funny that it basically replicates the problems of 5e combat but faster where you wait for your turn and miss then have to wait again.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

i took my oled switch on vacay this year and got some scraps of gaming into time in bed and in transit. Little bit of luigi's 3 but mostly FF X which i hadnt played before and am really enjoying??? I remember trailers when it first came out that looked incredible to kid me but we were a nintendo household. Lots of jokes about bad VA and Wakka's 'Ha Ha Ha!' Turns out its a great character driven story with a cool tropical setting, incredible visuals, and some goddamn amazing music? I played the sequence on the ship from Besaid to Kili village while ensconsed in the gently rocking berth of an overnight ferry in the mediterranean and it was loving sublime

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Communist Thoughts posted:

I'm playing it with a group and it's funny that it basically replicates the problems of 5e combat but faster where you wait for your turn and miss then have to wait again.

im owning myself by running a melee group and they sure do gently caress all other than just swing at poo poo

e: to be fair i also just was refusing to do a long rest for as long as possible lol

Tiler Kiwi has issued a correction as of 12:34 on Aug 7, 2023

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

As much as I'm enjoying BG3 (much more than I ever enjoyed both Divinity 1 and 2, was quite worried when Larian picked up the license for BG), I am getting that Larian feeling again where they throw an absolute sandbox at you and expect you to enjoy it, whilst failing to give specific context or pre-background reasoning for doing anything. I'm in the goblin camp and it's basically extreme multi choice, which becomes a bit overwhelming.

I guess it's to create re-playability, but how likely am I to sit through a 200-odd hour game again?

Dunno, maybe i'm just getting old.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Tiler Kiwi posted:

playing baldurs gate 3 without having played the first two

i can now really understand why ive always heard people call forgotten realms the least interesting fantasy setting

there's a reason they're forgotten

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

Truga posted:

there's a reason they're forgotten

because everything of interest takes place in just the one realm pretty much entirely on one coast?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Ytlaya posted:

If you really like a character's personality but don't enjoy their mechanics, the respec skeleton lets you change people's classes.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Buffer posted:

because everything of interest takes place in just the one realm pretty much entirely on one coast?

idk, i kinda gave up on bg2 halfway through. did finish the icewind dales tho, those were good dungeon romps

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

after a huge long fight the game crashes almost right after its over hell yeah

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I'm in the last chapter of FF7, doing the Yakuza-like activities, collecting kids and giving them motivational speeches and slowly realizing that remake Cloud is basically Kiryu.
Still fun, though there is a lot of strange stuff going on with the design. There were a bunch of cargo-cult jrpg puzzles, for example the train graveyard looked like it would require to move the trains around to clear the way, but they're actually just doors. Not that the game would have been improved if you'd actually have to run around to find the right button sequence, but still weird.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
How's BG3 in terms of quirkiness? I ask because it grated on me in DOS1 and was less present in 2 but still there.

I mean in the vein of "OOooh I'm Welly McWellington, the well" which actually happens in 1.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

snoremac posted:

How's BG3 in terms of quirkiness? I ask because it grated on me in DOS1 and was less present in 2 but still there.

I mean in the vein of "OOooh I'm Welly McWellington, the well" which actually happens in 1.

It's a bit more serious than DOS1, although you can still talk to animals, and there are still quirky things here and there.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Yardbomb posted:

But for real a well done Hunter: The Vigil game that's centered on like, Union trying to keep their neighborhood safe somewhere from freaky poo poo or even an Alien-y Task Force Valkyrie story, something anything.

:hai:

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

is that drunk dad ken?

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

snoremac posted:

I got tired of D:OS2 writing pretty fast, but BG3 so far has been decent. If I had a complaint it would be that all of your companions are way too thirsty for you way too fast, but overall it's just as good as BG1-2 and all the other Infinity engine games, if not better.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Asterion is quirked up but you can ged rid of him once you can respec into another thief, Gale has an insane mary sue story with stupid quirkyness, Wyll is a m'lady quirkboy, Shadow is an emo quirk incel

only Karlach is really good imo

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Dr Pepper posted:

It's about climate change and capitalism like it's not subtle or hard to understand.

ok we're on the same page so far, but notice you did not mention anything about the bearers re: racism which was the subject of the conversation you jumped into and then apparently forgot about immediately

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Asterion is quirked up but you can ged rid of him once you can respec into another thief, Gale has an insane mary sue story with stupid quirkyness, Wyll is a m'lady quirkboy, Shadow is an emo quirk incel

only Karlach is really good imo

i thought Karlach was cool until she wanted to be friends with Wyll and then i lost all respect for her

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

i thought Karlach was cool until she wanted to be friends with Wyll and then i lost all respect for her

she struck me as the party member most likely to say Well That Just Happened

maybe she isn't but now ill never knoooow

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
karlach is the quirkiest by far

she's a demon barbarian from hell but talks like she has opinions on harry potter

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

It's such a gigantic deception for BG3 to let you do all this cool poo poo that D&D would never actually let you do unless the DM is willing to throw large parts of the 150 dollar books out the window

thats called gaming ftw and tabletop nerds ftl

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

It's such a gigantic deception for BG3 to let you do all this cool poo poo that D&D would never actually let you do unless the DM is willing to throw large parts of the 150 dollar books out the window

rule of cool :coal:

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Tiler Kiwi posted:

maybe, but she is very strong and fits well with my strategy of “pick fools up and throw them at other fools”

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Tiler Kiwi posted:

I didn't mean quirky in that Marvel sense. It's more like 'funny' English overwriting mixed with randomness. A rat saying, "You are most surreptiously, ridiculously, vociferously correct, good sir!"

Talking about DOS1. Anyway you weren't replying to me.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
im just playing karlach as the origin option and the best moment so far is her flipping out and wrecking a building and killing gale as she did so.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Does anyone playing TOTK have a favorite attack drone schematic to share? I'm enjoying my melee build gameplay style but I'm loving drowning in zonaite and it could be fun to do some war crimes on some bokoblins

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

loquacius posted:

Does anyone playing TOTK have a favorite attack drone schematic to share? I'm enjoying my melee build gameplay style but I'm loving drowning in zonaite and it could be fun to do some war crimes on some bokoblins

Roomba with a contruct head on top and 5 lasers attached to that. 20 Zonaite and it wrecks, never could improve on it which sucks because it was my first idea. I spawned in like 5 of them and they cleaned out the coastal village solo lol

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

(btw I looked it up and the dupe trick is so loving easy lol, threw lynel guts all over Lookout Landing and now I have super badass armor, no regrets)

e:

Epic High Five posted:

Roomba with a contruct head on top and 5 lasers attached to that. 20 Zonaite and it wrecks, never could improve on it which sucks because it was my first idea. I spawned in like 5 of them and they cleaned out the coastal village solo lol

that is super simple too! maybe I should try doing the same thing with a plank and two fans instead of the roomba, really get roswell on these cavemen

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Irony.or.Death posted:

ok we're on the same page so far, but notice you did not mention anything about the bearers re: racism which was the subject of the conversation you jumped into and then apparently forgot about immediately
Considering you're a moron who can't understand the concept of allegory and thinks a story depicting an oppressed group trying to destroy the system that oppressed them as someone advocating for the destruction of that group I don't really see the point. You can't read in general afterall.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

snoremac posted:

I didn't mean quirky in that Marvel sense. It's more like 'funny' English overwriting mixed with randomness. A rat saying, "You are most surreptiously, ridiculously, vociferously correct, good sir!"

honestly surprised there wasn’t a omfgbbq line in that one somewhere

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

loquacius posted:

(btw I looked it up and the dupe trick is so loving easy lol, threw lynel guts all over Lookout Landing and now I have super badass armor, no regrets)

e:

that is super simple too! maybe I should try doing the same thing with a plank and two fans instead of the roomba, really get roswell on these cavemen

Hover stone is your best bet for something airborne. Those can really shred tho, I just never did much with them. A hover stone with a head and some lasers on each corner will wreck and they're stationary so take to cannons well.

Mirrors will also stun enemies and make them drop their weapons if they're reflecting light, lots to work with there

You can also shoot a hover stone fused to an arrow and it will spawn it activated at exactly the highest point you can ascend into it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Also the Zonaite armor set will effectively like triple your battery capacity