Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Just delayed https://twitter.com/knowledge_fight/status/1687280729938366464?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

What was the charge dropped against SBF?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

BigRed0427 posted:

They dropped the campaign finance violations because the Bahamas didn’t extradite him for that.

Alex, surprise surprise, doesn’t understand the news he “covers”.

Ogma
Jun 6, 2003

Let the festivities commence!

BigRed0427 posted:

There's a reasonable explanation here: https://popehat.substack.com/p/is-following-an-extradition-treaty

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

LionYeti posted:

The issue is with present day Alex there isn't much to say anymore, he's basically playing the hits that they've already gone through and debunked or its boring transphobia.

Yeah thats how I feel. Feels like the podcast is a little played out now. Wild ride tho.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
On the contrary, the episode covering Alex's supercomputer that develops silicon beings to replace biological life was pretty funny, and made me think that he was referencing the plot to Chrono Cross or something lol. I'd be way more likely to listen to that as opposed to Tucker screaming about Ukraine or whatever.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Cheers for the recommendation. I'll listen to it.

Zoodpipe
Jun 24, 2004

This is an important call. So, shut the fuck up.
Fallen Rib

Shageletic posted:

Yeah thats how I feel. Feels like the podcast is a little played out now. Wild ride tho.

Agreed at this point - they need to end it or pivot to other right wing freaks on a permanent basis (with the possible occasional check in on AJ)

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Zoodpipe posted:

Agreed at this point - they need to end it or pivot to other right wing freaks on a permanent basis (with the possible occasional check in on AJ)

We at least have to let them tour one more time before abandoning them

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I feel like I'd enjoy KF's take on AJ's takes on the Trump indictment, if any.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
I dunno how I'd feel about listening to say, Tucker every week, but I do agree that I'd like to see them continue to expand their coverage away from Alex. Current Alex doesn't have anything interesting to say at the moment, and I think there's not much in Past Alex's catalog worth addressing that hasn't already been addressed.

But tbh I also don't really know if there's anyone in RWM currently worth focusing on. It's not that things aren't happening or that these assholes aren't assholes, but RWM feels a bit diminished at the moment. The Audit just finished a deep dive into Prager U (which has gotten its tentacles into public education), so there may be fruit there, but otherwise... I dunno. Maybe Fox News as a whole? Look into what Bill O'Reilly or Hannity were doing ten years ago?

I just dunno if guys like Shapiro or Peterson deserve any investigation. Ben's gone pretty hard into hating Barbie rn, but it feels pretty desperate to me.

Has Dan talked about Alex's coverage of the Bundys and their takeover of federal land? That might be interesting if he hasn't, but I can't recall if it's come up

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

I'd like to see them tackle Russell Brand. On Brand has been less than stellar.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Yeah, I honestly don't mind current day Alex all that much because it seems like we still occasionally get some new low of just how truly pathetic he is. Past Alex was interesting for awhile, but I think that ship has sailed long ago — the only interesting revelation there was that he's always been a Christian nationalist at his core even during those years when he was really riding high on his anti-Bush bonafides.

With Tucker, I'm fine with the occasional episodes, but I feel like there really isn't much meat on that bone to sustain the podcast as a new focus. He just isn't as interesting as Alex on a fundamental level, because they are both whiny and insecure bullies who love to punch down at vulnerable targets to make themselves feel manly, but Alex's behavior seems downright pathological with how he will spin himself in circles trying to justify his own bigotry while Tucker just seems casually cruel and opportunistic. One episode of Tucker per week — let alone two — would just be way too much for him when the answer is so obvious.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
No clue why Tucker ever had any viewers. The fact that he had/has writers is also shocking

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

More Camelot and more cryptid alien bullshit. I need it

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I want more time travel episodes and more guests

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
It would be fascinating to see more normal people as guests who haven't been exposed to Infowars before, and just listen to their reaction. KF listeners are numb to literal demons and Alex "not bragging" Jones, but to a normal person it's complete lunacy. It's important to remember that this poo poo is absolutely wild.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Yeah, that's a good point. Even Dave Anthony, who's not a stranger to some of this garbage, was like "holy poo poo" when he was a guest

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Shinji2015 posted:

Yeah, that's a good point. Even Dave Anthony, who's not a stranger to some of this garbage, was like "holy poo poo" when he was a guest

Gareth being informed it was a rather mild and unremarkable episode still makes me snort-laugh whenever I think of it.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I like the modern stuff because it feels like in between the gruesome transphobia and bloviating, there’s glimpses of Alex trying to keep it together as the bankruptcy vise tightens. Whenever he hollers about democrats eating babies or whatever, it’s the mask slipping. Behind the scenes, Alex has to be feeling the pressure. I wonder if sales or listenership are down.

I want to see if Dan could delve into Crowder’s latest, that dipshit seems like he’s on the skids. I don’t know if his mental health could handle it.

Or just take a vacation for a while, Dan’s earned it. Maybe for fun Jordan can call in and accuse Alex of being a J6 informant, I think it’s highly sus he went to the capitol on J6 and told people not to go inside.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Anyone have an episode number for those? Sounds like a good time hearing Dave and Gareth getting face blasted with the crazy.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

bird food bathtub posted:

Anyone have an episode number for those? Sounds like a good time hearing Dave and Gareth getting face blasted with the crazy.

716, enjoy!

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Today's episode was a real shot in the arm. Missed you, interdimensional space demons

Ogma
Jun 6, 2003

Let the festivities commence!
Yeah, it's nice to see Alex taking a break and relaxing with an Adderall sandwich.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Papa Was A Video Toaster posted:

On Brand has been less than stellar.

I'm still listening but definitely agree. They're pretty rough around the edges. I'm really happy they started a Patron exclusive show for off topic discussion because they can talk EXTENSIVELY about poo poo I don't care the least bit about.

But Brand is talking to Tucker and DeSantis and RFK jr and it feels worth keeping tabs on that.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
I've been listening to the episodes surrounding Jan 6, and it's really funny contrasting Alex's interview of the Q Shaman then and the one in this episode. Post Jan 6th Alex kept making fun of him and calling him a witch doctor, but in 2023 he's just like "Well, God created vibrations so everything this guy says is legit actually".

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
It's such a big shift that I thought there must be some other guy calling himself Shaman that was at Jan 6.

The original interview with Q Shaman was outright hostile and I thought would be the final straw in Alex trying to actively court Q people.

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Aug 8, 2023

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Spiritually, Klaus Schwab wants you to eat the bugs because metaphorically and in the fourth dimension, you manifest the future you want so if he tells you to eat bugs he is creating a Saturn portal to the dimension where you metaphysically eat the bugs

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
I would also like to see Dan full commit to a new subject. And a new co-host.

Robert Evans would be good (But would never happen). +90% insight, -100% obnoxious hammed up laughter every 30 seconds. Everyone wins.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

I almost DNF this one. I find the Qshamans style of new age gibberish unbearable. It's like Vogon poetry for me.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Deptfordx posted:

I almost DNF this one. I find the Qshamans style of new age gibberish unbearable. It's like Vogon poetry for me.

Yeah, past a certain point it just registers as cosmic Mad Libs. That's also part of why Project Camelot episodes don't do much for me. I liked this episode for the novelty of it though.

Also I agree with people earlier who said they wish KF had more guests on for regular episodes. Jordan started out as an audience surrogate but he knows how Alex works too well now, so whenever they bring in new people it injects an entertaining perspective.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Yeah I don't really like Project Camelot stuff either. I've listened to a few but have zero inclination to hear more.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Dan should drop his thing that he has to cover the breadth of one, two, three eps and just do the Alex jones weekly mood tracker every Friday pulling clips from the full week.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Spoeank posted:

Spiritually, Klaus Schwab wants you to eat the bugs because metaphorically and in the fourth dimension, you manifest the future you want so if he tells you to eat bugs he is creating a Saturn portal to the dimension where you metaphysically eat the bugs

:hmmyes: politically

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I like when Alex Jones turns into Wacky Wednesday.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I do find it interesting that Jones and the Q-Shaman have gone back to "fantastical crazy bullshit" trough, and at least those scams are one or more steps away from violence as opposed to the overtly political modern day Republican talking point adjacent scams. A good sign perhaps?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

0konner posted:

Dan should drop his thing that he has to cover the breadth of one, two, three eps and just do the Alex jones weekly mood tracker every Friday pulling clips from the full week.

Something like this on Friday with Alex-in-the-past episodes every Monday would work for me. I know the past episodes are divisive with the fan base but I like them a little more as current Alex gets a little more boring every week.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

I want Dan to do more long-form investigative stuff. Some of my favorite parts are when he gets deep in the weeds on some weird John Birch poo poo.

Like I want a miniseries on the Rocky Mountain Rendezvous or something.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Also this tweet https://twitter.com/vanityfair/status/1688999290432008192?s=46&t=SXDOUM5lPPvZwsTORT6VFQ is reminding me that I don’t think Dan has been covering how hard Alex has been thirsting to get hired by some other blowhard’s new network. As soon as Carlson left fox jones was chuckling about how he’d be hired in Carlson’s new network any day. And it was after that he’s started going to crowder’s studio and Tim pool’s studio and the weird Florida megachurch studios.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

0konner posted:

And it was after that he’s started going to crowder’s studio and Tim pool’s studio and the weird Florida megachurch studios.

To save anyone from going to his twitter page
Alex is going behind Crowder's paywall so I do wonder if KF covers it.