Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

There's a hole in my pocket where my money should go
There's a hole in my heart where you used to go
There's a hole
and a hole
and a hooooooooooooooooole
BIG OL HOLE

*Lucky guitar solo intensifies*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This is a song I wrote when federal agents seized my gambling establishment, and I wanted to die.

Wake up, just want to.... wash myself.
...Clean my wrists, scrub my brains out.

Hey ya, hey ya, hey ya hey, hey ya hey, hey ya hey...

They'll miss me when I do...

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
If Hank refused to take Bobby to the Barbie movie, because you know he wouldn't let him go alone, we know for a fact cotton would take him. Now. He would totally take out his hearing aids so he didn't have to listen to anything, but he would have no problem watching a bunch of attractive women jumping around in a movie for Bobby and maybe Good Hank.

Cotton hates war movies because they've never violent enough and it's never the right ages for the military.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

dolphinbomb posted:

This is a song I wrote when federal agents seized my gambling establishment, and I wanted to die.

Wake up, just want to.... wash myself.
...Clean my wrists, scrub my brains out.

Hey ya, hey ya, hey ya hey, hey ya hey, hey ya hey...

They'll miss me when I do...

Still weird to me how they copied this bit beat for beat in Parks and Recreation

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Bill: I thought I was your best friend, Hank.

Hank: Heh, well, heh heh, yeah, heh

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Bill: I thought I was your best friend, Hank.

Hank: Heh, well, heh heh, yeah, heh

It's funny to me how Dale, specifically, is Hank's best friend. I think they mention this a few other times.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Hank easily makes friends with another dude with a mid-size truck and had his poo poo together, but realized he’s needed more as the alpha in his group of broken neighbors, forever gimping his upward social mobility in favor of familiarity.

I’m sure many of us can relate :byob1:

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

PinheadSlim posted:

Still weird to me how they copied this bit beat for beat in Parks and Recreation

Jonathan Joss is incredible in that show too. Ken Hotate is just a slightly more aggravated and unserious version of John Redcorn.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Hazo posted:

Jonathan Joss is incredible in that show too. Ken Hotate is just a slightly more aggravated and unserious version of John Redcorn.

"Two things I know about white people: They love Rachel Ray and they are terrified of curses."

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Cowslips Warren posted:

If Hank refused to take Bobby to the Barbie movie, because you know he wouldn't let him go alone, we know for a fact cotton would take him. Now. He would totally take out his hearing aids so he didn't have to listen to anything, but he would have no problem watching a bunch of attractive women jumping around in a movie for Bobby and maybe Good Hank.

Cotton hates war movies because they've never violent enough and it's never the right ages for the military.

Cotton, despite reveling in violence on a personal level, doesn't actually seem that fond of overly violent media that I can recall. Hell, the preview for Michael Bay's Pearl Harbor set off war flashbacks in the Japan episode. These days he seems to mostly like daytime tv judge shows. Well that and Skinemax, of course.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Cowslips Warren posted:

but he would have no problem watching a bunch of attractive women jumping around in a movie

gat DANGIT, they play the credits right as they was gonna lookit'er hoo-haw! i want my money back!!!

seriously though cotton has been dead since the 2010s

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
what would happen if Cotton met Abe Simpson?

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

Hank easily makes friends with another dude with a mid-size truck and had his poo poo together, but realized he’s needed more as the alpha in his group of broken neighbors, forever gimping his upward social mobility in favor of familiarity.

He didn’t choose his friends over Hal. Hal and him just had their schedules stop lining up

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

It was just a one time thing with a guy in a truck in a parking lot

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

Nah, Hank and Hal would have continued to hang out but had conflicting schedules, and just decided to not hang out, which is way more relatable.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
Cotton: Well, now, where's my nudie channel? Hold it. I think this one's ready to take her top off

Hank: Uh, that's Diane Sawyer, dad.

Cotton: She's not gonna take her top off, is she?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The Moon Monster posted:

It's funny to me how Dale, specifically, is Hank's best friend. I think they mention this a few other times.

Dale's the one that he actually has the most in common with, I think is the thing. They're both parents, and they've both got surprisingly similar personalities at times.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
If it were up to you, you would have filled my buddy tunnel with cement, so no one else could use it!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Hank Hill rushed for most of his yards behind his elite left tackle, Bill. You don’t just forget your offensive line. We live in a society.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

He was also a goal line monster that soaked up TDs hank would have otherwise scored, stealing much of his spotlight therefore he can only be so nice.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

And now I'm picturing Hank and Bill like shonen rivals 20 years after the finale where Naruto has nothing left to prove and is just left living his life and humouring Sasuke who's gotten fat and depressed after getting taken down a peg and never really recovered. And they're usually fine, playful ribbing about old times at worst, but then sometimes they get a little too into the sake and start tearing up the backyard until Hinata or whoever yells at them to knock it off.

This is probably way better than Boruto.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And now I'm picturing Hank and Bill like shonen rivals 20 years after the finale where Naruto has nothing left to prove and is just left living his life and humouring Sasuke who's gotten fat and depressed after getting taken down a peg and never really recovered. And they're usually fine, playful ribbing about old times at worst, but then sometimes they get a little too into the sake and start tearing up the backyard until Hinata or whoever yells at them to knock it off.

This is probably way better than Boruto.

From what I dimly recall, Naruto becomes a workaholic paper-pushing bureaucrat who let his son grow up into an irresponsible shithead, and Sasuke is busy being Anime Batman and interacts with his wife so infrequently that there's a whole plot arc questioning where the hell his daughter even came from, because Sasuke Does Not gently caress.

Somehow, Orochimaru is the best dad on that show. Or possibly mom, I dunno, cloning experiments were involved.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Dale's the one that he actually has the most in common with, I think is the thing. They're both parents, and they've both got surprisingly similar personalities at times.

My theory is that back in highschool when Bill and Boomhauer were taking the team to state Dale blew a bunch of smoke up Hank's rear end and made him think he was the team's golden boy.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Hank Hill: I had the legs of a jackrabbit

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Asterite34 posted:

From what I dimly recall, Naruto becomes a workaholic paper-pushing bureaucrat who let his son grow up into an irresponsible shithead, and Sasuke is busy being Anime Batman and interacts with his wife so infrequently that there's a whole plot arc questioning where the hell his daughter even came from, because Sasuke Does Not gently caress.

Somehow, Orochimaru is the best dad on that show. Or possibly mom, I dunno, cloning experiments were involved.

Lmao last I watched Naruto I think Sasuke and Naruto were finally doing their big no holds battle against each other. Of all you wrote, Naruto becoming a paper pusher is the most bizarre. Does it make sense or is it just something they decided when trying to make a Naruto 2 for whatever reason.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Khanstant posted:

. Of all you wrote, Naruto becoming a paper pusher is the most bizarre. Does it make sense or is it just something they decided when trying to make a Naruto 2 for whatever reason.

I’m sorry did you not “believe it” when Naruto said he was going to be hokage

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Khanstant posted:

Lmao last I watched Naruto I think Sasuke and Naruto were finally doing their big no holds battle against each other. Of all you wrote, Naruto becoming a paper pusher is the most bizarre. Does it make sense or is it just something they decided when trying to make a Naruto 2 for whatever reason.

Hokages got a lot of paperwork :shrug:

Plus some sort of rumination by the author on how he became kind of a neglectful workaholic dad when he was working on OG Naruto I guess

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Naruto was also a pretty good leader who took the village from backward ramshackle collection of 18th century houses despite modern technology clearly being present in this world to “well developed city with modern conveniences” he’s a victim of his own success since he actually has to run a government now

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

I’m sorry did you not “believe it” when Naruto said he was going to be hokage

I only had the subs on a burned DVD a friend gave me so I dattebato'd him for sure on that, I just figured he'd be the kind of leader where someone else is holding the fort down while Naruto goes and finds big frogs and people to fight or whatever, probably some young punk trying to prove himself to Naruto but is a pest at first etc.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The rear end-less Hank episode isn’t real. It never happened. Hank rushed for so many yards that he must have hunky haunches.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

dgs is caused by beer and we all probably have it (not me my rear end is getting bigger by the second)

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Asterite34 posted:

Hokages got a lot of paperwork :shrug:

Plus some sort of rumination by the author on how he became kind of a neglectful workaholic dad when he was working on OG Naruto I guess

That and it's still iirc the only thing you can be as an adult in anime besides Batman

Also lol Sasuke being a deadbeat dad, somehow worse than Vegeta

ed: And just for the record, we all drat well know Goku does not count as a grown up

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Aug 9, 2023

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
This thread just got extremely "fail"

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Nooner posted:

This thread just got extremely "fail"

Why do you hate what you don't understand

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013