Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Air Skwirl posted:

At a bar, they're showing a replay of the Sweden/USA match, over time just started, we can definitely score a single goal in 30 minutes, right?

You’d think so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Whoever said Elon is just speedrunning Lowtax was so right. Dude is getting neck and back MRI and claims he needs surgery. So the inevitable should happen in a week or two.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

Whoever said Elon is just speedrunning Lowtax was so right. Dude is getting neck and back MRI and claims he needs surgery. So the inevitable should happen in a week or two.

He’s trying to back out of a Zuckerberg rear end kicking.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LeeMajors posted:

He’s trying to back out of a Zuckerberg rear end kicking.

The most embarrassing of rear end kickings, so I don't blame him for backing out of this one.

I...do blame him for talking so much poo poo before now. Well and for a lot of other stuff obviously, but for pre-fight poo poo talk specifically.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

swickles posted:

When does he start hocking mangosteen and we find out about his designer cookie expenses?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

swickles posted:

Didn’t even get hit before having back problems.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
FML, just bought an Assault Bike. The deal was too good to pass up.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Mangosteens are actually pretty tasty and good and yet everytime I eat one I remember Lowtax, who was horrid.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

wandler20 posted:

FML, just bought an Assault Bike. The deal was too good to pass up.

best conditioning machine out there, i love it. some of my favorite workouts on it:

Aerobic Power (maintaining submaximal intensity over time):

2 min at 300+ watts (maintain 300ish)
2 min rest, try your best to take deep nasal breaths while sitting (I get off the bike and sit on a stool), get your heart rate back down to 120 or less

8 rounds of above

Zone 2
80 min at 50ish RPM, I forget the watt conversion here
Keep your heart rate in zone 2, use an online calc/maffertey method to find this range

Tabata hell
20 seconds full sprint, 10 seconds full rest, 8 rounds

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

We’re at the beach this week and I rented a bike from a local company on the island. It’s an immediate QOL improvement because I don’t have to deal with any of the dumb car traffic and it’s fun as hell bombing around on this 40 lb behemoth

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Pron on VHS posted:

best conditioning machine out there, i love it. some of my favorite workouts on it:

Aerobic Power (maintaining submaximal intensity over time):

2 min at 300+ watts (maintain 300ish)
2 min rest, try your best to take deep nasal breaths while sitting (I get off the bike and sit on a stool), get your heart rate back down to 120 or less

8 rounds of above

Zone 2
80 min at 50ish RPM, I forget the watt conversion here
Keep your heart rate in zone 2, use an online calc/maffertey method to find this range

Tabata hell
20 seconds full sprint, 10 seconds full rest, 8 rounds

Awesome, thanks for this!

I love/hate the machine but it's my favorite out of tread/rower/bike. My knees hate running so I never use the tread. I might've bought a rower but this Assault Fitness Classic was practically brand new for $250.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Freaquency posted:

We’re at the beach this week and I rented a bike from a local company on the island. It’s an immediate QOL improvement because I don’t have to deal with any of the dumb car traffic and it’s fun as hell bombing around on this 40 lb behemoth

Love a beach cruiser. I was in Ponte Vedra a few weeks back and it seemed like everyone had them, but the electric ones which was pretty funny

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Mangosteens are actually pretty tasty and good and yet everytime I eat one I remember Lowtax, who was horrid.

I was just gifted one by a friend but I have no idea how to tell if its ripe.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

Love a beach cruiser. I was in Ponte Vedra a few weeks back and it seemed like everyone had them, but the electric ones which was pretty funny

I got it up to about 25mph with a little bit of a tailwind lmfao

I could have gone with the e-bike but this is the only exercise I’m getting and need to counteract the donuts and booze

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FYI, since twitter became the defacto alert system for lots of the US:

https://twitter.com/TravisKoshko/status/1688627000343252992

You can follow the national weather service which is tracking 4 areas with heavy tornado warnings though, whatever "mesoscale" means. just call 'em death winds like the tv guy does nerd-o

https://twitter.com/NWSSPC/status/1688624901203333120

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

yeah, dc is about to get the kinds of storms that haven’t been seen in years today

federal employees have been allowed to go home early

https://twitter.com/capitalweather/status/1688579428144537601?s=46

Vertical Lime fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Aug 7, 2023

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Vertical Lime posted:

yeah, dc is about to get the kinds of storms that haven’t been seen in years today

federal employees have been allowed to go home early

https://twitter.com/capitalweather/status/1688579428144537601?s=46

So, hypothetically, if I just got on a train leaving Orlando and getting into North Virginia tomorrow morning, and those severe storms hit, how hosed would I be?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/bobby/status/1688285720610213888

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I was just gifted one by a friend but I have no idea how to tell if its ripe.

I usually cut it open. The flesh should be white and medium firm - they do have a large seed inside so be careful about just chomping down. It's a bit sweet sour tasting to me but that's why I like it. You can get mangosteen juice at some Asian markets in the canned drink isle and it's also pretty good.

This is the brand I usually get for both tamarind and mangosteen stuff.

Tulalip Tulips fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Aug 7, 2023

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Bunch of future Bobson Dugnuts

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
We had a storm nearby last week that hit a rec area and basically knocked over every camper out there, tipped over boats, and even flattened some 40x80 storage buildings. Weather service said winds hit 95mph. Totally normal stuff!

T-Square
May 14, 2009

wandler20 posted:

We had a storm nearby last week that hit a rec area and basically knocked over every camper out there, tipped over boats, and even flattened some 40x80 storage buildings. Weather service said winds hit 95mph. Totally normal stuff!

We were camping two weekends ago with friends and got hit with a pretty gnarly storm and the couple who set up next to us decided to go to a bar nearby and never closed their tent flap in their rush to leave. We got woken up later that night when they got back and started arguing about who didn’t close the tent when they found all of their poo poo totally soaked :v:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

swickles posted:

So, hypothetically, if I just got on a train leaving Orlando and getting into North Virginia tomorrow morning, and those severe storms hit, how hosed would I be?

The train will stop once it's told to due to severe weather. Hopefully that will be at a station so you can at least get out for a bit.

Bear in mind, the Auto Train can only load and unload cars at the terminals, no stations on the route have the facilities for that. I found that out when during COVID a guy got removed from the train in Jacksonville for not wearing a mask, but his car continued all the way to Virginia without him.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Awesome, thanks for this!

I love/hate the machine but it's my favorite out of tread/rower/bike. My knees hate running so I never use the tread. I might've bought a rower but this Assault Fitness Classic was practically brand new for $250.

Take it to a bike shop just in case.

And same, they’re the best piece of cardio equipment ever made.

I’ve done 50 cals in a minute once only once and never loving again.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

I’ve done 50 cals in a minute once only once and never loving again.

jesus christ

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I’m trying to figure out what my output would need to be to burn 50 calories in a minute and I have no loving idea how that’s humanly possible.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Prior to covid times when I was a part of a gym and would do bootcamp where their cardio classes would utilize the assault bikes and man doing 20 cal a min was killer, can't imagine 50.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
We’re getting plowed by a storm right now, power keeps going in and out and I have one dog attached to my hip and the other hiding in the bathtub. I just heard a crash on the deck and I went to look

My table with an umbrella blew over and knocked over my planter. Everything was growing so nice too :(

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Knox Nance sounds like an old timey politician from the south. John Nance Garner but from Tennessee instead of Texas I guess

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

wandler20 posted:

jesus christ

No Butt Stuff posted:

I’m trying to figure out what my output would need to be to burn 50 calories in a minute and I have no loving idea how that’s humanly possible.

At wodapalooza on a stage. It crippled me. Could barely complete the rest of the event.

I’ve seen someone do it in like 49 seconds once and they nearly died.

Trick is to ramp for thirty so that you’re sprinting by the end and just hold on. It’s not worth attempting. Way worse than a sub 7 minute 2k row. Like….by leaps and bounds.

This is 50 in 39 seconds from a big dude. He doesn’t even look that tired. probably dry heaved shortly after. Mute it so you don’t have to listen to blindsite screaming in the background.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvxI-WNE0zM

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Kalli posted:

FYI, since twitter became the defacto alert system for lots of the US:

https://twitter.com/TravisKoshko/status/1688627000343252992

You can follow the national weather service which is tracking 4 areas with heavy tornado warnings though, whatever "mesoscale" means. just call 'em death winds like the tv guy does nerd-o

https://twitter.com/NWSSPC/status/1688624901203333120
I lost power twice in 15 minutes in one of those "mesoscale" warnings. High winds and heavy rain, but nothing too bad.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

swickles posted:

Not hosed at all because the train won't get there until tomorrow evening.

edit: oh wait, are you on Amtrak or something else to move your car? I was guessing Amtrak and did that post as lol I rode Amtrak once and never again

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Aug 7, 2023

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

He and his car will be on the Auto Train.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

in any case, independence day is real

https://twitter.com/nbcwashington/status/1688673476876316672

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
I love trains as much as the next guy, even if our passenger rail is sad, but what’s the reasoning of putting your car on a train instead of driving? Taking advantage of that window where rail is superior for distance traveled per hour than car and plane? I’m sure there was a good reason, just missed it!

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Pontius Pilate posted:

I love trains as much as the next guy, even if our passenger rail is sad, but what’s the reasoning of putting your car on a train instead of driving? Taking advantage of that window where rail is superior for distance traveled per hour than car and plane? I’m sure there was a good reason, just missed it!

Can’t speak for others, but my buddy was moving cross country and had her car shipped since her cats would’ve killed someone and/or themselves by day 3 of that drive

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Took it she flew though? Riding on the same train that your car is on is what’s tripping me up

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Pontius Pilate posted:

Took it she flew though? Riding on the same train that your car is on is what’s tripping me up

Ah, gotcha, never mind!

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Pontius Pilate posted:

Yeah the Eastern seaboard is simultaneously the best section of rail in the U.S. and also one of the most rage-inducing drives, so taking the Auto Train makes a ton of sense imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Pontius Pilate posted:

Its overnight, so I get to sleep on the train while we are driving. It was 3 hours to Orlando, then train overnight to Virginia. Once we get in, it's a 4 hour drive to our new place. Also, it was only $550 for two people and the car. Its not much more than gas and you dont have the stress of driving on some of the worst highways in the country. Factor in a hotel to break up the driving over two days and its a wash financially. Plus, we are moving and our car is loaded to the brim with stuff to the point my wife is carrying stuff on her lap while I drive.

Honestly, I don't know why people don't donthe autotrain more given the stress and general annoyance of driving. I am just sitting here watching stuff on my Kindle and relaxing and even can shitpost the whole train trip.

Edit: I type this and of loving course the bridge on the St Johns has a signal issue which will take an hour or two to fix, but shouldn't impact our overall travel time unless its really hosed...

swickles fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Aug 8, 2023