Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

That reads almost like a bot reply, ngl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

that's Doctor Brain to you

Cooked Auto posted:

That reads almost like a bot reply, ngl.

That's the copy/paste format you get when you ask the Amazon app to share a link to an item. I'm sure it's just someone phoneposting.

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

Muir posted:

That's the copy/paste format you get when you ask the Amazon app to share a link to an item. I'm sure it's just someone phoneposting.

yeah, guilty, its the share button from the amazon app from my phone.

Decorus
Aug 26, 2015

moths posted:

Anybody got a good suggestion for a Chaplain's crozius weapon bit? There's probably a billion good choices in AOS but I do not know that range.

I used a terminator back adornment thing, the ones that replaced banners, on a conversion I threw together a while ago. One of the things is an eagle with wings half open.

Here's a lovely picture, can't take a better one right now.

I'm not sure which exact kit this was from, either regular or assault terminators anyway.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

That's a good bit! The mauls I found are basically that textured trophy-looking pillar handle, so some of these look like it'll get me the rest of the way there.

Before I get too far in, there's no "expanded rule of 3" I'm missing is there? It feels like I'm getting away with bullshit to use 3 jump pack Chaplains and then 3 Primaris Chaplains.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

moths posted:

That's a good bit! The mauls I found are basically that textured trophy-looking pillar handle, so some of these look like it'll get me the rest of the way there.

Before I get too far in, there's no "expanded rule of 3" I'm missing is there? It feels like I'm getting away with bullshit to use 3 jump pack Chaplains and then 3 Primaris Chaplains.

Nope

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Al-Saqr posted:

Lol i just read online that the arbites exaction squad are point for pounds one of the best squads in the game, that rules, i cant wait to include them in my strike forces.
They're incredibly cheap and efficient backline objective holders for Imperium armies that don't normally get that (Custodes, Grey Knights, Actual Knights). They're not game-breakingly strong, but I'd be shocked if GW doesn't bump up their points next balance dataslate.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Very often in this game you just need a unit. Exaction squads are the cheapest unit available to almost every Imperium faction. They don't do anything special other than being the cheapest unit available.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I have wolves for that. Except they're now OC 0 :)

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I had fun playing Combat Patrol Vanderghast Swarm.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Geisladisk posted:

Very often in this game you just need a unit. Exaction squads are the cheapest unit available to almost every Imperium faction. They don't do anything special other than being the cheapest unit available.
I would've thought the weird inquisition guys with the Mystic would've been more popular backfield holders thanks to the 12" no deep strike bubble.

Edit: maybe that's just because they're impossible too get?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

That might be the reason why yeah.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I want to get a rough idea of the size of the various inquisition weirdos and then do a big ol kitbash/conversion/etc and make my own squad of freaks. I think I remember someone doing a really badass custom build for the rogue trader kill team, which would also be a fun project.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

hoiyes posted:

I would've thought the weird inquisition guys with the Mystic would've been more popular backfield holders thanks to the 12" no deep strike bubble.

Edit: maybe that's just because they're impossible too get?

It's because they only get that ability if they are being lead by an Inquisitor.

You have to pay 55 points for the Inquisitor, then 60 points for the 4 mooks, a servitor, and the mystic so 115 total.

For that price you can get 3 Exaction squads and spread them out.

On top of that it means taking yet another character and I think if you take more than 4 characters you're asking for your opponent to take assassinate as a fixed secondary.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
For balance reasons they should just let every faction take Imperial Agents in competitive play. It doesn't make any sense lore wise, but neither does Guilliman getting killed by Trajan in a random skirmish, so who cares.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
why?

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Those of you using special dice with printed, rather than carved, images on the sides - do you have a recommendation for a gloss or something to coat the dice with to preserve the sides? I've had a lot of nifty dice from boardgames and stuff wear the faces clean from use over the years and would like for it not to happen to my sweet Dinosaur Dice. (No worries, these dice still have the numbers on em with the pictures of dinosaurs so nobody's confused whether a triceratops is a 1 or a 5.)

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

neaden posted:

For balance reasons they should just let every faction take Imperial Agents in competitive play. It doesn't make any sense lore wise, but neither does Guilliman getting killed by Trajan in a random skirmish, so who cares.

Disagree.

There should be Chaos Agents and Xenos Agents of an equivalent nature.

poo poo like Cyper, Eldar Rangers, Squats, whatever.

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

RagnarokZ posted:

Disagree.

bringing back LatD in chaos agent form would be great. any army should have many options for weird hangers-on

and while they're busy giving me everything I want they can slice deathwatch down to a small section in the imperial agents where they belong and have knights be centrepieces for a real army instead of standalone

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

RagnarokZ posted:

Disagree.

Chaos Agents makes sense - Let every chaos faction take e.g Chaos Cultists. But Xenos Agents makes no sense, because "Xenos" is not in any way a unified faction.

Why would Eldar Rangers be helping out Genestealer Cults, Tyranids, Orks, or Necrons?

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Isn't a big part of Eldar lore the fact that they'd help Chaos forces annihilate an Imperial sector if the ripple of circumstance meant a single Eldar life was saved a millennia later?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Pretty sure Eldar are strongly in the anti-Chaos side of things.
At most they might covertly tip the scale of things, but would baulk at fighting side by side with chaos forces for sure.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
As much as I love the Agenta of thw Imperium units, it does loving suck that there isn't some sort of equivalent for other factions like Xenos Mercenaries or Agents of Chaos or something

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Chaos demons basically work like imperial agents for the csm armies at least

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I wish they would get rid of the xenophobic bent they gave the Tau because a united collection of xenos would be really cool. I know they have a few options, but they should just embrace it and offer a wider variety imo

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Yeah, Daemons are basically Agents you can also take as their own faction to boot. Eldar have Corsairs and Harlequins as options either main branch can take. Its really only the ungrouped Xenos that are hard up for mercs to draft.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Scrap Alpha Legion as an army and repurpose them into Agents of Chaos instead.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Me, rubbing my hands with the intention of posting all of my opinions yet again before I am dragged away by the GW police: "They should delete half the armies in the game."

Professor Shark posted:

I wish they would get rid of the xenophobic bent they gave the Tau because a united collection of xenos would be really cool. I know they have a few options, but they should just embrace it and offer a wider variety imo

Everything with the Tau in the lore feels like an overcorrection due to their bad reception when they came out. We coulda had psychic polar bears, human auxilleries, all sorts of models, and we just get more and more battlesuits instead.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Feels less like an overcorrection and more at them looking at what sold the most.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The Deleter posted:

Me, rubbing my hands with the intention of posting all of my opinions yet again before I am dragged away by the GW police: "They should delete half the armies in the game."

Everything with the Tau in the lore feels like an overcorrection due to their bad reception when they came out. We coulda had psychic polar bears, human auxilleries, all sorts of models, and we just get more and more battlesuits instead.

Yeah, I really want a Star Trek Federation faction with blue people as the main characters and the humans some sun faction of their army

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Cooked Auto posted:

Feels less like an overcorrection and more at them looking at what sold the most.

The fact that Stormsurges and Riptides sold in any amount is a crime imo. Ugly rear end models.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Riptides are cool as hell but stormsurges are dumb.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Cooked Auto posted:

They barely gave the alien federation idea a chance, we only got Kroot (which seem relatively popular) and single unit of vespid. Hardly testing the waters. I think they just didn't really know what to do with that branch and were happy to lop it off.

Tau shouldn't be understood as a Star Trek Federation because they're certainly not as enlightened and humanist, but it would be kind of cool if they were the alliance of various aliens trying to survive the Imperium and banding together to make their stand. Lots of roles that are 'another battlesuit' could have been filled by cool aliens.

radlum
May 13, 2013
I got the Cadia Stands box, two chimeras and a Castellan. What should I buy next to start an imperial guard army?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Depends on how you want to play them:

A billion guardsmen
As many tanks as you can afford

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Ashcans posted:

They barely gave the alien federation idea a chance, we only got Kroot (which seem relatively popular) and single unit of vespid. Hardly testing the waters. I think they just didn't really know what to do with that branch and were happy to lop it off.

Wouldn't surprise me if there was a designer at GW who really likes mechs and pushed hard for that side to continue.
Who knows. v:v:v

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Ashcans posted:

Tau shouldn't be understood as a Star Trek Federation because they're certainly not as enlightened and humanist, but it would be kind of cool if they were the alliance of various aliens trying to survive the Imperium and banding together to make their stand. Lots of roles that are 'another battlesuit' could have been filled by cool aliens.

Yeah, maybe a Federation wasn’t the best, but I agree that a collective of aliens would be really cool. Big alien ape-elephants carrying big cannons, melee oriented insects, stuff like that

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

The Covenant was right there you know.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Spanish Manlove posted:

Depends on how you want to play them:

A billion guardsmen
As many tanks as you can afford

Tanks would be a good idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

radlum posted:

I got the Cadia Stands box, two chimeras and a Castellan. What should I buy next to start an imperial guard army?

The biggest tank you can afford.