Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Off-screen bonk, I guess!

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
nice for Miyako to finally get some spotlight and screentime

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Thats been my face for the last 2 weeks

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
...huh. I stopped at an earlier panel when I noticed that Aqua and Ruby were being drawn with a star in the same eye when I thought I remembered them being opposite, but no, Aqua just has stars in both his eyes now. Has that been a thing for a while and I just haven't noticed, or is it new?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Aqua acquired double dark star eyes when he reaffirmed his commitment to killing his father after breaking up with Akane.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Miyaemon :ohdear:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Mem's right, the two are so picturesque together.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
that indirect kiss at the beginning..

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

:chloe:

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Mraagvpeine posted:

Aqua acquired double dark star eyes when he reaffirmed his commitment to killing his father after breaking up with Akane.

hm, didn't notice that either.
looking back, Ruby had double dark star too during her dark mode phrase.

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jul 20, 2023

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Once again Kana is right.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Kanassandra; cursed to always be right but heeded by no one

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
I hadn't watched the anime until just now since I don't have HiDive but I'm in Asia for work and it's on Netflix here.

Man the anime is really really good. The music especially is perfect. Love is War and Oshi No Ko really are both setting the bar unbelievably high for adaptations

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Although those songs are earworms, my favorite was the Pieyon Boot Dance.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Pan Dulce posted:

Although those songs are earworms, my favorite was the Pieyon Boot Dance.

Apparently the CD version is about 4.5 minutes long

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Speaking of the anime and the last episode, I thought removing the part with the idol who decided to retire after watching B-Komachi's performance made the finale weaker, overall. The episode's got fantastic production values, obviously, but I thought it changed the tone into something that's purely victorious. In the manga, the bit with the other idol had added a sobering note to the affair. Kana and the others may shine now, but there are just as many idols who also try their best yet fade into the background for various reasons, not to mention how they quit the industry in their 20s with barely any savings to their name.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

at the same time i get cutting it because itd be a weird note to end the show on

just one of the sacrifices that comes with modern 'you get one cour a year' production

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

would be a good way to start the new season

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

kirtar posted:

Apparently the CD version is about 4.5 minutes long

Bought the CD off of CDJapan recently, can confirm.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1018368

CHANCLA

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

brb coding a Miyako-focused RPG.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Great chapter this week. Can’t believe he actually ran off leaving her to tend the businesss. I imagine he tried to find the killer too and the trail ran cold.

Miyako earned a figurine spot for me

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
This meshes weirdly with Miyako's earliest appearance of needing to have weird speaking god-babies convince her not to sell out Ai for money. I mean, people do revise their histories in their own heads all the time, but it still feels a little like a retcon.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
I mean

Not really

It's just old habits cropping up.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
also keep in mind that there was like years between that and Ai biting it.

like she was probably just brought on when that happened.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Einander posted:

This meshes weirdly with Miyako's earliest appearance of needing to have weird speaking god-babies convince her not to sell out Ai for money. I mean, people do revise their histories in their own heads all the time, but it still feels a little like a retcon.

Miyako got invested in Ichigo's dream, believed in the potential of Ai, busted her rear end off to help make the dream a reality.

Then Ai goes and gets pregnant and Miyako is stuck taking care of the babies and suddenly what happened to the loving dream and why is she stuck taking care of the babies when she'd rather be working hands on to make the dream come true????

So she gets grumpy and loses faith in the dream and wonders if she should just quit while she can until the babies turn out to be, like, magic talking babies.

Is one way of explaining it.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

I would imagine seeing the Dome filled with penlights would indeed be dazzling, and a great dream to aspire to. Would love to make it to one in the future myself; guess my best shot in the near future is if I can afford to renban off of a friend’s chuusen ticket for the iM@s vs Love Live event in December, since I don’t have the Japanese SIM with which to do so myself.

Miyako’s backstory is what I expected of someone who became a veteran on the outskirts of the entertainment industry and who aged out of working in mizu shobai, but seeing it presented as an RPG was new. Gotta use those connections built up over that period now that she’s running a talent agency and all that.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if miyakos presenting it as an rpg metaphor that must mean she plays a lot of them. funny to imagine.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Dexo posted:

also keep in mind that there was like years between that and Ai biting it.

like she was probably just brought on when that happened.

She was already married to the president by then, which they didn't show in this flashback but presumably happened some time after she started working with him? Or maybe it happened first, I have no idea.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Endorph posted:

if miyakos presenting it as an rpg metaphor that must mean she plays a lot of them. funny to imagine.

I can imagine young Miyako being the sort of girl to have played every single Dragon Quest game.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Let Miyako be happy

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

I don't know if this is old news or has been posted here before, but mock-ups up Good Smile products for Oshi no Ko have come out and guess who's some of the figures? It's our girl, Kana!

https://twitter.com/gsc_kahotan/status/1662255143524642816?s=20

https://twitter.com/gsc_kahotan/status/1662255068954099714?s=20

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
Oshi no Ko is gonna be on break for a while, but we’re getting some Mengo written short stories in the meantime
https://twitter.com/sneakyoshi/status/1688496270409601024?s=20

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

https://twitter.com/sneakyoshi/status/1688496270409601024?t=dO6q--lillPRTyTAZp4XNg&s=19

They’re finally letting Mengo remove her training weights for a spell.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I don't think I ever knew the artist by name so when I read that the first time I thought it was Memcho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Pan Dulce posted:

I don't know if this is old news or has been posted here before, but mock-ups up Good Smile products for Oshi no Ko have come out and guess who's some of the figures? It's our girl, Kana!

https://twitter.com/gsc_kahotan/status/1662255143524642816?s=20

https://twitter.com/gsc_kahotan/status/1662255068954099714?s=20

and as I mentioned before, no signs of Mem lol.
they have Ruby and Kana in their idol outfits, but no mockuips of Mem