Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

No Wave posted:

What does Discover being recosted mean? Just printing Discover cards that aren't as strong?

It means Discover “costs” more to put on a card when designing it. So yeah they’ll either have lower stats or cost more mana

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
this hunter must know something i don't

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
bot? feels like a bot move.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

i don't think so - or at least it didn't have the telltale signs that i'm aware of

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

2 health on the right minion can make all the difference in the world, mister freeman

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

kaaj posted:

Anyway, I got bored of standard, as I usually do after few days of playing, so I decided to play Heroic Duels and waste all my Arena Tickets there. How is the overall health of that game mode? Is it closer to Battlegrounds in how Blizzard is supporting it - or as dead as Mercenaries? I didn't anticipate how much fun I'd have playing it.

I think I'm the only? person in this thread that spends much time in Duels. It gets more attention than Mercs did but way less than Battlegrounds - they nerf really broken stuff weeks after the fact. It's still by far my favorite Hearthstone mode - I'll probably hang it up if they ever get rid of it.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
+1 mana on alibi and constructor. I'll take the dust, already cut alibi from Sif list for Star Powers.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

couldn't kill a stealthed 3/4 on turn 3, so i take 20 damage on turn 5 from one minion :thumbsup:

edit (next game):

from an empty board to a divine shield windfury 9/9 (also it has rush) on turn 4. good game

peer fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Aug 8, 2023

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I'm 7-0 with Stars Align priest. Granted, I'm playing in casual, but I expected the deck to be absolutely terrible.

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
I got Stars Aligned into Cage Head/Catrina Muerte this morning lmao. I don't know if it's a good deck but that felt real bad.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://hsreplay.net/replay/ewYQxi5FPoNtEomsHdJFLA#turn=7a

Turns out Plague Mage is a pretty good deck

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.

fanny packrat posted:

I've played some of this ABJ cleave hunter:

### Custom Hunter
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (1) Always a Bigger Jormungar
# 2x (1) Bunch of Bananas
# 2x (1) Thornmantle Musician
# 2x (1) Trinket Tracker
# 1x (2) Absorbent Parasite
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 2x (2) Barrel of Monkeys
# 2x (2) Castle Kennels
# 2x (2) Selective Breeder
# 2x (2) Spirit Poacher
# 1x (2) Titanforged Traps
# 2x (3) Wild Spirits
# 1x (4) Pozzik, Audio Engineer
# 2x (4) Stonebound Gargon
# 1x (6) Aggramar, the Avenger
# 2x (6) Hollow Hound
# 1x (6) Hope of Quel'Thalas
# 1x (7) Hydralodon
# 1x (8) Hodir, Father of Giants
#
AAECAZerBAjnuQSwkwXipAX0yAXf7QXk+AXX+QWAggYL6ukDvOMEzOQE0OQE0uQEqqQF5soFj+QF5PUFmfYF0vgFAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Feels great. I think it probably gets refined to be faster, cutting Hodir and Hope for some more burn. I wouldn't be that surprised if it ended up with more weapons and some spitters.

I took this list as is and got

My account is created around release so that's a first one for me. Overall I went around ~ 30:3 - with the loses being against a Warlock with a busted opening, and two Priests (still a positive win rate against priests overall though).

It doesn't seem on first glance but this deck has really high potential for outputting face damage from hand. I managed to win a slow game against a Button Druid which was gaining 10 armor on Hero Power - or few Armor Warriors.

Ideal case is having 1 or 2 Castle Kennels on board and ready to go, Hope of Quel'Thalas buffing all the minions, Hodir, Father of Giants played a turn earlier and then 10 mana

Infused Stonebound Gargon + buff from Kennels + at least 1 Always a Bigger Jormungar (ideally two) + Absorbent Parasite + however many bananas you can.

Half of the above setup and cards is usually more than enough to catch enemies by surprise, just mix and match. First deck I played where Astalor was not meant to finish the enemy of but burn then for a more potent combo to do the job. If enemy has 3 low health minions on board, the amount of damage which hits the face made few of them hover over the Gargon to figure out WTH just happened. Fun deck, I really enjoyed it.

Hodir, Father of Giants won me 1 game although I think the deck can do without it.

kaaj fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Aug 9, 2023

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Speaking of hard to get achievements...

I got very, very lucky with there being a Mukla player on the board and me getting an Annoy-o-Tron on my first shop. Not long after, I got two Eventide Brutes which also synergized nicely with the Mukla.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Lol how the gently caress is that a winning board. That’s like a turn 6 board in half the games I play, and if you don’t have at least 3 150/300 minions or reborn poison or something you have no chance.

I just went out in 8th place against a guy who had 2 gold banana slammas and a gold drakkari enchanter and whose first attacking minion deathrattled into a 300/300 with taunt on turn… whatever the gently caress turn it is before no one has even been eliminated yet, and aside from that 60/60 my board was better than yours.

Elysium fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Aug 9, 2023

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I know, I know, we all voted for him, but the more I think about it, Sargeras' portal having two infinite 3/4 taunt spawns seems a little bit much.

If that particular ability was changed to "your portal now only summons 1 imp, but with +1/+1 and taunt" it would seem slightly more balanced. With the removal options Warlock has, you almost do no minion damage to face anymore once the portal is out.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
when someone Stickyfingers your Spectral Cutlass so you Mixtape a Stickyfinger to steal it back :gritin:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Elysium posted:

Lol how the gently caress is that a winning board. That’s like a turn 6 board in half the games I play, and if you don’t have at least 3 150/300 minions or reborn poison or something you have no chance.

I just went out in 8th place against a guy who had 2 gold banana slammas and a gold drakkari enchanter and whose first attacking minion deathrattled into a 300/300 with taunt on turn… whatever the gently caress turn it is before no one has even been eliminated yet, and aside from that 60/60 my board was better than yours.

:shrug: Battlegrounds are weird, man.

What's even weirder is that it wasn't one of those lobbies where you start out with 5 out of 8 players.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Elysium posted:

It’s a 9 mana card that hogs up half the board. I know it’s weird that there is a titan that actually does something but it’s hardly back breaking.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
It’s turn 7. I’m Chenvala. I have yet to SEE a single elemental. Send help.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
So had an took Renathal hound hunter up to legend at an 80 percent win rate. I don't know guys. I think the bit where you clear the board, heal for 20 and smack them in the face for ten as a hunter might be just a little bit busted.

Also this was a one in a million secret interaction, but wow this was funny.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/hcciakEyqYmFnAyFCmDQGx

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Hey, quick question regarding the tavern brawl.

Which class do I have to pick to not end up getting minions with stealth and taunt basically all the time, while my opponent gets poison and windfury?

I switch to the class that murdered me after each game, but I get poo poo and they just poison windfury whenever my taunts get out of stealth.

And why is there no coin in the game for going second?

Oh hey, I just realized, I can take a dump on the free pack and just not play the brawl. Nevermind, solved it.

Fake Edit: :lol: my Cho just got charge. Hilarious.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
disappointed this didn't get me an achievement

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Chernabog posted:

I'm 7-0 with Stars Align priest. Granted, I'm playing in casual, but I expected the deck to be absolutely terrible.

What's your list? Stars Aligned won me the brawl this week and I already have two of them so I want to play them some more :v:

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Sloppy posted:

What's your list? Stars Aligned won me the brawl this week and I already have two of them so I want to play them some more :v:

### the stars align
# Class: Priest
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (0) Illuminate
# 1x (1) Crimson Clergy
# 2x (1) Drone Deconstructor
# 2x (1) Psychic Conjurer
# 2x (1) Suspicious Usher
# 2x (1) The Light! It Burns!
# 2x (1) Victorious Vrykul
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 2x (2) False Disciple
# 2x (2) Mind Eater
# 2x (2) Thrive in the Shadows
# 2x (3) Cathedral of Atonement
# 2x (3) The Stars Align
# 2x (4) School Teacher
# 2x (5) Clean the Scene
# 1x (6) Ra-den
# 1x (7) Aman'Thul
#
AAECAaKrBASi6APipAXP9gWv/wUNrYoEvp8EorYElrcEktEE+dsEutwEhoMFlMQFnfYFuf4FzP8Fzf8FAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Chernabog posted:

### the stars align
# Class: Priest
# Year of the Wolf

Sweet, thanks!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Always a Bigger Jormungar is pretty loving nuts on cleave minions, wouldn't be surprised if there's a nerf headed its way.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
It’s exactly what hunter needed - now they don’t auto loose control matchups if they draw Krush before they have a chance to renethal then summon 2 copies on turn 10.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Patrick Spens posted:

So had an took Renathal hound hunter up to legend at an 80 percent win rate. I don't know guys. I think the bit where you clear the board, heal for 20 and smack them in the face for ten as a hunter might be just a little bit busted.

Also this was a one in a million secret interaction, but wow this was funny.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/hcciakEyqYmFnAyFCmDQGx

That was incredible

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Who is excited for todays VS report? I'm of two minds because I always feel that when the meta gets codified some of the magic of the new expansion evaporates.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
VS is good for cutting through a lot of the noise. The early days of the expansion are characterized more by feel, theory, and the ranting of content creators, so it’s good to see some actual data. I also find their matchup charts handy.

The decks I have found to be the most fun to play this expansion have not seemed particularly strong (and vice versa), so I’m curious if any more optimized lists are possible.

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021

Boatswain posted:

Who is excited for todays VS report? I'm of two minds because I always feel that when the meta gets codified some of the magic of the new expansion evaporates.

I wonder if they are going to keep pretending that mech rogue is mid tier deck.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Mech rogue was definitely not as good as people thought, I played it extensively for a few days in a couple of iterations. It was very snowball-y and felt bad to lose against, which is why it attracted nerf attention; but you could also fall flat on your face. It was very good at punishing durdling nonsense decks but often lost hard to other good decks.

It’s a moot point now because it’s dead, I haven’t seen a single one since the nerds went through, all the rogues are back to playing thief or miracle or secret bullshit.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

One would think that of all the things that have multiple eyes on them and should run smoothly in this game, it'd be paid transactions.

But apparently, a fairly straightforward process like "Buy coins at Amazon, buy Tavern Pass on mobile device, get Tavern Pass" can be quite finicky.

Oh, not taking the coins out of your wallet ... that works beautifully and immediately.

But flipping a switch in the account to mark it as "owns the tavern pass, here you go!" can go wrong for some reason. :shrug:

Searching for the issue basically brings up "Please don't bother support, wait up to 72 hours. If the transaction still does not show up in your account, it went wrong and you will be credited the purchase amount automatically".
Yeah, right. I almost wanna bet coins can not be refunded and converting the coins into a cash balance is also well beyond the capabilities we have as mere mortals.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Mech Rogue still slaps and it's an easy way to climb Ranked Wild. Y'all are crazy to say it's dead. It's not going to make you any friends and it's not super fun but it wins. Gear Shift is broken. It's basically Ancestral Recall? Here's the list i'm running:

### Mech Rogue
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Click-Clocker
# 2x (1) Drone Deconstructor
# 2x (1) Frequency Oscillator
# 2x (1) Gear Shift
# 2x (1) Secret Passage
# 2x (2) From the Scrapheap
# 2x (2) Galvanizer
# 2x (2) Invent-o-matic
# 2x (2) Mechwarper
# 2x (2) Security Automaton
# 2x (3) Coppertail Snoop
# 1x (3) Mimiron, the Mastermind
# 1x (3) SN1P-SN4P
# 2x (3) SP-3Y3-D3R
# 2x (5) Lab Constructor
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 1x (6) V-07-TR-0N Prime
#
AAEBAYO6AgSftwO29gXY9gXq+gUNlA/X/gKqywOStQThtQTZ0AXV9gW/9wWm+AXm+gX7/AXn/QW5/gUAAA==
#

EDIT: If you're the person who just hits random buttons while playing fighting games and hoping this is a good deck for you

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021
Mech Rogue is far from dead. It wasn't Lab Constructor that made it snowball ridiculously, it's "windfury/stealth for everyone, just add 1 mana".

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I think Ignis might be my favorite card of the set.

Just absolutely massive swing potential that can buckle even the greediest priests and blood dks

I think every single slow/midrange deck should run him, all you need is one pair of forge cards to be consistent, and if you're a class with the bad forge cards (DH, Warlock, DK sorta) you just run the discover a spell mech

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

mcbexx posted:

One would think that of all the things that have multiple eyes on them and should run smoothly in this game, it'd be paid transactions.

But apparently, a fairly straightforward process like "Buy coins at Amazon, buy Tavern Pass on mobile device, get Tavern Pass" can be quite finicky.

Oh, not taking the coins out of your wallet ... that works beautifully and immediately.

But flipping a switch in the account to mark it as "owns the tavern pass, here you go!" can go wrong for some reason. :shrug:

Searching for the issue basically brings up "Please don't bother support, wait up to 72 hours. If the transaction still does not show up in your account, it went wrong and you will be credited the purchase amount automatically".
Yeah, right. I almost wanna bet coins can not be refunded and converting the coins into a cash balance is also well beyond the capabilities we have as mere mortals.

I tried to buy runes but wanted to do it so I got the exact increment for the expansion bundle since I had Google Play Points, but whenever I tried to buy the $14.99 run package again I was greeted with the message "You already own this."

I think buying on desktop worked but what the heck.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

bravesword posted:

VS is good for cutting through a lot of the noise. The early days of the expansion are characterized more by feel, theory, and the ranting of content creators, so it’s good to see some actual data. I also find their matchup charts handy.

The decks I have found to be the most fun to play this expansion have not seemed particularly strong (and vice versa), so I’m curious if any more optimized lists are possible.

I agree and I love VS, but yet the uncertain vibes-based meta is fun. Each release every time weak but fun cards see play for 7-10 days and I'm here for it.

Szarrukin posted:

I wonder if they are going to keep pretending that mech rogue is mid tier deck.

Do you think it is worse or better than the VS estimation?

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

This is maybe the stupidest Battlegrounds board I've ever gotten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
How do you mulligan OTK Shaman?