Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about the letter C?
Despise it.
Loathe it.
Hate it.
Ed Boon's parents were killed by the letter C section of a library and I personally, will not stand for this.
View Results

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So Reptile is now Tony Tony Chopper? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I've never been a huge Reptile fan and he looks hideous to me, but somewhat less hideous than his 3D era and MKX designs. So that's progress!

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

exquisite tea posted:

I've never been a huge Reptile fan and he looks hideous to me, but somewhat less hideous than his 3D era and MKX designs. So that's progress!

I'm always more fond of when monster characters are more animal than human. It's like the werewolf/wolfman difference in my head.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Havik baaby! He was always my favourite.

https://imgur.com/a/MKKz39w

https://i.imgur.com/215zBck.jpg

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

The latest MK trailer is called "The Banished."
They missed a trick as they could have called it "The Outkasts."

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Rhonne posted:

What's with Johnny's armor and sword in the trailer?

Is he just trying to look cool for the big adventure?

I thought he was wearing that in Armageddon's intro, but that's Stryker's.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

That reptile dungeon looks hosed up,he’s even got a live guy strapped to a table,ew!

Orv
May 4, 2011
Well yeah the dead people go in the good dungeon

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

That reptile dungeon looks hosed up,he’s even got a live guy strapped to a table,ew!

Could be Shang Tsung's flesh pits instead

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What do we know yet about the single player? I remember reading a rumor about there possibly being a single player mode that is similar to World Tour mode in Street Fighter 6, did this rumor ever pan out?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Zilch so far

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Havik doesn't look hosed up enough
I hope his alt costume is way more hosed up

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Sockser posted:

Havik doesn't look hosed up enough
I hope his alt costume is way more hosed up

Well one, his alt is probably gonna be his 3D era appearance. And two, he's absolutely gonna look more hosed up in a fight.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

I said come in! posted:

What do we know yet about the single player? I remember reading a rumor about there possibly being a single player mode that is similar to World Tour mode in Street Fighter 6, did this rumor ever pan out?

Honestly they could just flesh out the MK11 Krypt, add some characters to interact with, drop some of the stupid unlocks, and be fine. But I imagine that MK1 was too far along in development to really be influenced by SF6 much.

Tekken 8 will probably be the first true post-SF6 FG.

Besides, NRS's strength in single player is story mode

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

its ok, that's the NRS guy that didnt like Mick Gordon

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
I'm not calling him Sizoss or Sithoz or whatever Liu Kang called him, he's Reptile.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I will not call him Syzoth, to me he is Friend.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

DeadButDelicious posted:

I'm not calling him Sizoss or Sithoz or whatever Liu Kang called him, he's Reptile.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Is it just me, or are the characters reactions to all the horrific fatalities done on them feel very understated? Like they yell in pain but they aren't screaming in agony like they did in the PS2 games

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Willo567 posted:

Is it just me, or are the characters reactions to all the horrific fatalities done on them feel very understated? Like they yell in pain but they aren't screaming in agony like they did in the PS2 games

It is canonical that shattering someone's spine and then stabbing them five times in the eye are just things family members do to show they care about one another.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Willo567 posted:

Oh no, my torso. I'm gonna feel that one tomorrow!

Orv
May 4, 2011
I don’t remember who exactly, I think maybe Havik’s, explicitly shows the opponent’s entire skull shattering into hundreds if not thousands of tiny pieces. You don’t walk or really exist after any MK super but that one feels particularly egregious.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Reptile looks dope.

Ashrah needs the hat. Sorry, the only thing I remember about her is the hat, so it doesn't matter if you're trying to make her a real character or something she's gotta wear the hat.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Orv posted:

I don’t remember who exactly, I think maybe Havik’s, explicitly shows the opponent’s entire skull shattering into hundreds if not thousands of tiny pieces. You don’t walk or really exist after any MK super but that one feels particularly egregious.

At some point they got a physician to review the MK11 fatal blows and he determined that only about 3-4 would actually be survivable.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

MK3 established that everyone in the Mortal Kombat universe has spare bones in 'em. Multiple rib cages, skulls, and as many femurs as there are stars in the sky.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

PostNouveau posted:

Reptile looks dope.

Ashrah needs the hat. Sorry, the only thing I remember about her is the hat, so it doesn't matter if you're trying to make her a real character or something she's gotta wear the hat.

She does wear the hat tho.

It's just in the Johnny Cage movie.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

widespread posted:

She does wear the hat tho.

It's just in the Johnny Cage movie.

All the time :colbert:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Crowetron posted:

MK3 established that everyone in the Mortal Kombat universe has spare bones in 'em. Multiple rib cages, skulls, and as many femurs as there are stars in the sky.

In the MK universe, everyone has Wolverine levels of regeneration and the fatalities are one of the few ways to get people to stay dead, and even then those may not be fullproof.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

MK world physics go like this :

papercut? Your arm will fall off but you’ll be fine in a day or two (if you’re important)

Stabbed through the eyes,two grenades in the eyesockets and then dragged into a hellpit to be eaten by a scaleyboy? Keep on fighting the match isn’t over.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

MK world physics go like this :

papercut? Your arm will fall off but you’ll be fine in a day or two (if you’re important)

Stabbed through the eyes,two grenades in the eyesockets and then dragged into a hellpit to be eaten by a scaleyboy? Keep on fighting the match isn’t over.

Deader than poo poo? See you in the next game

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

It's kinda funny how Injustice had the whole subplot with some wonder drug to explain how regular humans could fistfight the likes of Superman without being instantly annihilated. Meanwhile Mortal Kombat is just out here going "yeah that's just how humans roll don't worry about it".

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

It would be really neat if one day a Mortal Kombat game had characters look increasingly hosed up as the fight progresses. Costumes being damaged/ripped, armor dented and broken, bruises and cuts and gaping wounds etc. so the characters look like they've taken a beating at the end of each round. Would be a huge undertaking and take so much work to pull off, especially if it affected stages as well with blood splatters everywhere but maybe with the way MK is it would inevitably become an excessive gorefest and complete overkill if they went that route.

I think the Fight Night games had something like that, though? I vaguely recall playing Fight Night 3 and having to tend to cuts and swelling between rounds.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I think MK vs DC and MK9 did this.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

The PS2 games did it, too. It looked dumb as hell and was mostly an excuse to rip up the female fighters' clothes.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

SUNKOS posted:

It would be really neat if one day a Mortal Kombat game had characters look increasingly hosed up as the fight progresses. Costumes being damaged/ripped, armor dented and broken, bruises and cuts and gaping wounds etc. so the characters look like they've taken a beating at the end of each round. Would be a huge undertaking and take so much work to pull off, especially if it affected stages as well with blood splatters everywhere but maybe with the way MK is it would inevitably become an excessive gorefest and complete overkill if they went that route.

I think the Fight Night games had something like that, though? I vaguely recall playing Fight Night 3 and having to tend to cuts and swelling between rounds.

Last one to do it was 9 and it focused on ripping clothes to expose cleavage or organs hanging out of the men.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Havik's bio has been released. Instead of being the top guy of Chaosrealm, he's instead a lowly citizen of Seido (Orderrealm) with no rights who starts a revolution due to how oppressive the realm is. He wants the whole world to burn down in chaos.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Diabetic posted:

Last one to do it was 9 and it focused on ripping clothes to expose cleavage or organs hanging out of the men.

And for some reason put suggestive bloody handprints on exposed lady butts.

No, I'm not kidding.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gavok posted:

Havik's bio has been released. Instead of being the top guy of Chaosrealm, he's instead a lowly citizen of Seido (Orderrealm) with no rights who starts a revolution due to how oppressive the realm is. He wants the whole world to burn down in chaos.

I'm fuzzy on Havik's time period on the franchise. Is ChaosRealm another whatever Outworld is or is it like the NetherWorld which is Hell sort of, maybe?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

DeadButDelicious posted:

Fire God Liu Kang is a stupid name, to me he'll always be Human.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

More like FAIL GOD Liu Kang.

Because you know. The gently caress ups.