Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite Kirby Super Star power?
This poll is closed.
Beam 3 1.79%
Bomb 3 1.79%
Cook 1 0.60%
Copy 3 1.79%
Crash 1 0.60%
Cutter 5 2.98%
Fighter 5 2.98%
Fire 3 1.79%
Hammer 13 7.74%
Ice 3 1.79%
Jet 3 1.79%
Mike (sic) 14 8.33%
Mirror 11 6.55%
Ninja 5 2.98%
Paint 0 0%
Parasol 2 1.19%
Plasma 4 2.38%
Sleep 9 5.36%
Starship 5 2.98%
Stone 6 3.57%
Suplex 22 13.10%
Sword 20 11.90%
Wheel 6 3.57%
Wing 6 3.57%
Yo-Yo 15 8.93%
Total: 168 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kefa
Jul 14, 2023

Oxxidation posted:

what helps me is only paying attention to the space immediately around the player character. the bosses might be yakking projectiles every which-a-way but most of them don't actually focus on the pc unless they're homing, so narrowing your area of focus keeps you from getting overwhelmed

I feel like that’s what I’ve been doing too but I’ll try to be more aware of this next time I play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Blue Labrador posted:

Games and hardware aside, I have beef with the PS3 for following up the PS1 and PS2's amazing intros and homescreens with whatever lame ui and sound design it thought was futuristic at the time. Like, the first two were ethereal and spooky! I want more horror with my game consoles!

The XMB startup rules actually. PS4 was lame though and it was kinda sad playing Astro’s Playroom and seeing the devs have to try and make people remember the PS4’s startup through anything except a process of elimination.

Every Xbox since the first one has been lame with startups though. The Xbox 360 felt too focus grouped.

And Nintendo just stopped bothering after the Gamecube knowing they couldn’t top perfection.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I still like the ps3's orchestral warm up. Maybe a little minimal but it stuck with me.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The PSP is the superior XMB startup.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Vermain posted:

lexx vibes

i don't know what this means!

but hahaha gently caress you existence i'm a shiny dragon!!!!

PlatinumJukebox
Nov 14, 2011

Uh oh, I think someone just told Hunter what game he's in.

I said come in! posted:

Are there any goons here that live in Scotland? I am visiting in late October.

Sure, how can I help?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Phantasy Star Portable 2i, has quite a few customization options

https://i.imgur.com/w9TCQGV.mp4

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I said come in! posted:

Are there any goons here that live in Scotland? I am visiting in late October.

Say hi to Limmy for me

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Kerrzhe posted:

i don't know what this means!

but hahaha gently caress you existence i'm a shiny dragon!!!!

Lexx was a Canada/Germany produced sci-fi show from the 90s. It was very cheap and very horny, full of crass jokes and violence, and genuinely quite good sci-fi concepts. It was basically the best show you would never want your parents to walk in on you watching when you were a teen.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I find this claim spurious as my Bard cannot sing Yo Way Yo.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I feel like there's not really much point to playing the new Detective Pikachu because they already finished the story in the movie lol

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Jesus there's so many trash Pokemon mobile games

E: Pokemon TCG GB and Stadium 2 on Switch Online

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"Pokemon Sleep, a game that makes waking up something to look forward to" Jesus how bleak

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Iktf....

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/1688908673597292544?t=cZzicorcqCVO7LZejNoAJw&s=19

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

I always thought this looked like an absolutely wild time. Shame the switch port was apparently utter trash.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PlatinumJukebox posted:

Sure, how can I help?

Are you all cool over there? Do I get a free sheep as a welcome gift? Hoping to visit a castle.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I didn’t know there was a card game PSO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7169GhMsFk

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rinkles posted:

I didn’t know there was a card game PSO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7169GhMsFk

Yeah! It was just that it was only ever on Gamecube, and wasnt a game that anyone asked for from the series. So I wouldnt blame any PSO fans for never realizing this was a game that existed.

PlatinumJukebox
Nov 14, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Are you all cool over there? Do I get a free sheep as a welcome gift? Hoping to visit a castle.

1. Sure? I guess? 'Wet and cold' would better describe here in October.
2. Yeah, if you're passing a field and you feel brave enough.
3. Take your pick. You can stay in some of them too, if you're loaded.

Whereabouts are you hoping to visit? I'd be careful about the west coast, the midges had a double spawning this year.

e: oh right video games thread, uhh Ghost Trick is really good

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PlatinumJukebox posted:

1. Sure? I guess? 'Wet and cold' would better describe here in October.
2. Yeah, if you're passing a field and you feel brave enough.
3. Take your pick. You can stay in some of them too, if you're loaded.

Whereabouts are you hoping to visit? I'd be careful about the west coast, the midges had a double spawning this year.

Edinburgh! I'm excited, even though my wife and I are traveling for a wedding, we will be there for 10 days, so lots of time to gently caress around and enjoy an actual first world country (we are American). Wishing we could also visit and see London for a few of those days, but I don't think that will be possible.

Would it be worth it to visit Glasgow?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Jesus there's so many trash Pokemon mobile games

E: Pokemon TCG GB and Stadium 2 on Switch Online

i am excited to play the trading card video game again, I remember loving it

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

PlatinumJukebox posted:

:yeah:

PlatinumJukebox
Nov 14, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Edinburgh! I'm excited, even though my wife and I are traveling for a wedding, we will be there for 10 days, so lots of time to gently caress around and enjoy an actual first world country (we are American). Wishing we could also visit and see London for a few of those days, but I don't think that will be possible.

Would it be worth it to visit Glasgow?

Aside from the castle, the museum on Chambers Street and the gallery by Princes Street Gardens are nice if you're a culture vulture like me. The Gallery of Modern Art is like a twenty minute walk from the main gallery. Civerinos on Forrest Road does great pizza. If you want somewhere a bit classier, try Andante on George IV Bridge for fish. Sorry in advance for the alcohol prices.

Bring comfortable shoes, the Old Town is best explored on foot but the setts are murder.

Glasgow has the Kelvingrove Museum and the Burrell Collection, but I dunno if the city centre has a lot to offer tourists. Might need to ask a Glaswegian.

London is possible, it's an hour flight or about four hours by train.

I'm stuck on the stealth section now :smith:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PlatinumJukebox posted:

Aside from the castle, the museum on Chambers Street and the gallery by Princes Street Gardens are nice if you're a culture vulture like me. The Gallery of Modern Art is like a twenty minute walk from the main gallery. Civerinos on Forrest Road does great pizza. If you want somewhere a bit classier, try Andante on George IV Bridge for fish. Sorry in advance for the alcohol prices.

Bring comfortable shoes, the Old Town is best explored on foot but the setts are murder.

Glasgow has the Kelvingrove Museum and the Burrell Collection, but I dunno if the city centre has a lot to offer tourists. Might need to ask a Glaswegian.

London is possible, it's an hour flight or about four hours by train.

That is really cool, thanks! I can't wait to go.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Gripweed posted:

Lexx was a Canada/Germany produced sci-fi show from the 90s. It was very cheap and very horny, full of crass jokes and violence, and genuinely quite good sci-fi concepts. It was basically the best show you would never want your parents to walk in on you watching when you were a teen.

what made it stand out was a combination of it being extremely loving weird - there's still nothing quite like the pilot episode out there in sci-fi, even today - and the horniness being more along the experience of you accidentally running into a sex shop in the pre-internet days, where the relatively placid surface of the admittedly odd sci-fi setting would occasionally break and reveal the even odder world of human sexuality beneath

that's not to say that BG3 is especially raunchy, but it's one of the few games i've played where you can round what's otherwise a regular faerunian corner and run smack dab into someone extolling the virtues of getting whipped against a wall

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Vermain posted:

that's not to say that BG3 is especially raunchy, but it's one of the few games i've played where you can round what's otherwise a regular faerunian corner and run smack dab into someone extolling the virtues of getting whipped against a wall

oh so it's a Yakuza game

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Vermain posted:

what made it stand out was a combination of it being extremely loving weird - there's still nothing quite like the pilot episode out there in sci-fi, even today - and the horniness being more along the experience of you accidentally running into a sex shop in the pre-internet days, where the relatively placid surface of the admittedly odd sci-fi setting would occasionally break and reveal the even odder world of human sexuality beneath

The running gag of stuff not being where it’s supposed to in season 2 is the best example of an overarching plot in an episodic show I’ve ever seen. The audience has this growing sense of dread as more and more stuff is missing but by the time our stupid protagonists find out something is going on it’s far too late. And it doesn’t take time away from the episode stories, like Kai getting turned into a slasher villain coincidentally at the same time that the Lexx picks up a half dozen horny teens on spring break.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

PlatinumJukebox posted:

the stealth section does suck

Move over to Sausage Head's bunk. Trick it when the first guard by Jowd turns his back and the second guard isn't moving towards it.
When the second guard passes nearby, move to his vest. As he goes up the stairs, move up to the hatch mechanism underneath the sniper. Trick it open to make him drop, then trick it shut.
Go back to the second guard's vest, to the can on the stairs, then to the distribution panel under the stairs. Trick it when the second guard & sniper are moving up the stairs.
Move back to the hatch mechanism and trick it open. Move to the valve just to the right, and trick it when the second guard is moving away from the stairs.
Trick the hatch shut again, then trick the valve further to the left. Move up to the toilet, then to the former sniper's vest. Move into the punk rocker's cell when he stops there, then move down to that hatch mechanism and trick it to call Jowd over.
Trick the guitar to distract the last guard. Trick the hatch mechanism again to open it and drop him. If the former sniper isn't nearby, trick the rocker's bunk to make Jowd climb up. Trick the hatch shut, then trick the bunk again.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Aug 8, 2023

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Looking up public transit options in Scotland, and it appears to be faster to take the train to other cities than it is to drive? as an American, this is completely nuts to me.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Public transit ftmfw

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

In the UK the streets are so tiny they have to park their Minis half on the sidewalk ("pavement" as they call it there)

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Some places in America are so hostile to pedestrians/bikers that it can be both faster and safer to just drive 1 block away.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Jay Rust posted:

In the UK the streets are so tiny they have to park their Minis half on the sidewalk ("pavement" as they call it there)
and don't get me started on switzerland!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2oD1ZHNMFE&hd=1

PlatinumJukebox
Nov 14, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Looking up public transit options in Scotland, and it appears to be faster to take the train to other cities than it is to drive? as an American, this is completely nuts to me.

Yeah, the train's a good option, though only a little quicker than driving (delays are to be expected, plus the odd strike). The big advantage is you get to enjoy the view. The Edinburgh-Inverness line goes past Birnam Wood and runs right through the Drumochter Pass, it's beautiful. Also, the trams in Edinburgh are useful for getting to and from the airport.

Thanks for the help Hwurmp!

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

External Organs posted:

I always thought this looked like an absolutely wild time. Shame the switch port was apparently utter trash.
It was a wildly fun time and the switch port being trash should've been a criminal offense. To put into perspective how fun the original was: I was in college, hacked my Gamecube to play Japanese games, and Crystal Chronicles came out in Japan (August 8th!) 6 months before the US release. My college friends and I played hours of this game without even being able to understand what we were reading and had a blast! When the US version came out, we had all moved on to new games and never went back to even know how much better the game would be w/o having to guess what we were reading. I had hoped the remaster would help remedy this problem with my current friend group but, nope, it was a trash fire.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

happy birthday Crystal Chronicles

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

My CC hot take, having never played it and knowing nothing about it except its songs in theathrythm:

It has a strong musical identity and, on the whole, an above-average ff soundtrack

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/steelballrunner/status/1688386299059929088?s=46&t=K6CRMiA33aFQep_ZPx64DQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

https://twitter.com/TafferKing451/status/1688994490655404032

the legal arm of Nintendo is so unfathomably hosed in the head