Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

He also gave me poo poo a long time ago when I he played HotS and I told him HoTS is bad and he should play Dota2 instead, now hes been playing for atleast a year and a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Stoics only have to accept what they can't change. It's quite easy to ban a loser from your chat.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mr.Acula posted:

He also gave me poo poo a long time ago when I he played HotS and I told him HoTS is bad and he should play Dota2 instead, now hes been playing for atleast a year and a bit.

I'm beginning to understand why you were banned from his chat

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Because ribbing nor speaking is allowed. And ofcourse he always sees my comments in a sea of chat

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

And hots is bad

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

What's a good support to play rn?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

What's a good support to play rn?

Rubick, Shadow Demon, Lion, Undying, Techies.

Comey Homie
May 9, 2017

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Return of the King

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

It feels like Jugg isn't your basic, reliable carry anymore. I pretty much just brace for a loss if someone picks it because it's rare that they get more than a handful of kills no matter how long the game lasts. Even if they start the game 2-0 they're probably going to end it 7-5 or something.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Nfcknblvbl posted:

How many hours does grubby have in dota 2?

Probably well over a thousand at this point. He's been streaming dota for like 4+ hours almost every day for the past 11 months.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Not a lot of divine players with only 1k hours so props to him.

I’m only breaking into divine now after 4K hours. I’ve been off and on playing for 11 years though.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I have significantly more hours played than my MMR, Grubby making divine within a year is impressive but he's also a wc3 pro so it's not entirely unprecedented either

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea my Hours Played is definitely a multiple of my MMR :v:

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Geight posted:

I have significantly more hours played than my MMR, Grubby making divine within a year is impressive but he's also a wc3 pro so it's not entirely unprecedented either

Not to mention playing a ton of HotS prior, which has a mechanical skillset very similar to Dota.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

every time I go on a win streak (all me) and am about to break out of archon I get slapped with a losing streak (all my teammates and/or dirty smurfs). life is so unfair.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

mistermojo posted:

every time I go on a win streak (all me) and am about to break out of archon I get slapped with a losing streak (all my teammates and/or dirty smurfs). life is so unfair.

Best thing to do imo is focus on mastering 3-5 heroes so you can stomp your way up to Legend.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
That's good advice but I always get bored playing the same stuff repeatedly. probably why I never improve enough to win a lot of games.

ShimmyGuy
Jan 12, 2008

One morning, Shimmy awoke to find he was a awesome shiny bug.
Everytime I start getting a win streak I get the compulsion to play a random new hero. Speaking of which Elder Titan is a blast, he is so rarely seen that people forget how hard his briefcase hits.

Angrymantium
Jul 19, 2007
Resistant to everything

TOOT BOOT posted:

It feels like Jugg isn't your basic, reliable carry anymore. I pretty much just brace for a loss if someone picks it because it's rare that they get more than a handful of kills no matter how long the game lasts. Even if they start the game 2-0 they're probably going to end it 7-5 or something.

This might be a reflection of my relatively low MMR but I've had the opposite experience, both in playing him and playing against him. The only time I see Juggs do poorly is if they don't buy an initiation tool like blink or shadow blade/silver edge. Doing a ton of damage when he can't be hit back feels really valuable.

I do think that agi carries that need a few items to get anything done are pretty weak in the current pub meta of constant team fighting past 15 minutes, but a Jugg with phase boots and maelstrom is a still a decent early game threat.

If anything it feels like illusion carries are really weak right now, I barely ever see TB picked and PL takes time to do any serious damage.

ShimmyGuy
Jan 12, 2008

One thing that is very true with MMR is that I do think you are going to take a massive hit to MMR if you ever try to learn a new position. I feel fine where I am with pos 4/5, but I am sure I would be a poo poo carry at this MMR for a good while.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

My game sense as a carry is loving awful, unless I'm playing Skeleton King then somehow things always seem to work out.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Best thing to do imo is focus on mastering 3-5 heroes so you can stomp your way up to Legend.

Yea I've climbed to archon 5 by picking techies every game for the last 3 months. Gained about 1k mmr from doing so.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

https://www.dota2.com/newsentry/3674426239866314901

christ FINE I'll play your stupid game

🦔: 🐽💦🔮✨ ➕3️⃣📏

bristleback nasal goo... cast range increased by 3?

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Aug 8, 2023

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
I’m guessing the patch will come out tonight if the notes are finished. Some interesting stuff in there, like invoker seems to be universal now

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Valve has gone twee

ShimmyGuy
Jan 12, 2008

I hope whatever person that did the patch to emote conversion either came up with the idea or wrote a script to handle that and didn't have to do it manually.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

There's no way someone did it manually. I fed the 7.33e notes into GPT and this is what it came back with:

#9 is my favorite, haha

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

https://www.dota2.com/patches/7.34

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

that midas change, god its going to be everywhere

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

This is a pretty decent patch for a small patch. It's not just boring numbers tweaks.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

oh god theres a lot of weird changes lmao

Level 25 Talent -11s Nethertoxin Cooldown replaced with Become Universal

sugar free jazz fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Aug 9, 2023

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

they forgot to reduce Universal hero damage growth. maybe next time.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Doom
No longer applies mute
Now makes the target unable to be healed
Damage per second increased from 30/45/60 to 30/50/70
Cooldown decreased from 145s to 140/130/120s

drat, i was hoping they would change doom but didnt think they actually would. the whole "this hero is not allowed to play for 30s" was very dull

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

As someone that's been playing a lot of pos 4 BH, moving the shard ability to a different button is a welcome QOL change. It was super annoying to get a shard from the Tormentor at some random point in the game and suddenly going invisble takes two button presses instead of one.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
I'm not sure what to think of PA's new ulti, it seems way better now but also seems annoying to have to constantly be pressing the skill when in the middle of a fight.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Horn Toss
Now stuns enemies for the duration of the air time

team spirit 2x TI champions

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

NtotheTC posted:

Doom
No longer applies mute
Now makes the target unable to be healed
Damage per second increased from 30/45/60 to 30/50/70
Cooldown decreased from 145s to 140/130/120s

drat, i was hoping they would change doom but didnt think they actually would. the whole "this hero is not allowed to play for 30s" was very dull

No mute? Useless hero then

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

It used to be a very comprehensive disable that lasted a long time and it feels like it's been steadily nerfed to the point where it does almost nothing without a shitload of follow up. This feels like poo poo because it has a long cooldown and Doom's other skills are lackluster enough that you don't really want to take fights in between.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
well doom the hero had a very long moment in the sun from like 7.32-7.33d so i think it'll be ok if he takes a few months off

removing the -35s doom cd talent is a lot worse than mute going to a talent probably