Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Cold on a Cob posted:

lol no we don't you doofus

the only time i need a vpn to watch content is when an american media company blocks a video outside of america

Bill c-11 means u will soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

akadajet posted:

oh poo poo they turned slick willie into a robot and sent him north?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

bump_fn posted:

oh poo poo they turned slick willie into a robot and sent him north?

yeah. star trek picard style because he's so old

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

akadajet posted:

lol no it won't, at most they want to gently caress with the algo to crank up the location factor, it won't stop people from watching any particular video they want though

bill c-18 is way, way worse and arguably a violation of the charter but also doesn't stop people from reading what they want.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
seems like the easy fix for both c11 and c18 would be stop doing business in canada.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

one of my funnier montreal experiences was realizing i couldnt go to dispensary websites on my phone unless i was on wifi somewhere. like i get why they do it but its legal for me to buy canadian w̨͌ͯ̈́̅͢͏͇̬̺̤͚̜ ̳͈͓̼̼͊̿͑̍̄̋̑ę̷̶̞͚̙̻̹̺̙̠̲̐̋͗͌̀̎ͤ̚ ̖̪̹͕̳̺̪̖͕̋̃͑ͨ̊̓̏͡ȩ̵̛̘͈͕͈̭̄ͮͥ͋͑ ͚̰̘͆̾́ͭ̓̃ͨ̆̈́̀d̓̿̾ͩ͏̧͖̭̳͇̞̗̘ on an american drivers license why isnt it flipping when i enter the country?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Casual Encountess posted:

one of my funnier montreal experiences was realizing i couldnt go to dispensary websites on my phone unless i was on wifi somewhere. like i get why they do it but its legal for me to buy canadian w̨͌ͯ̈́̅͢͏͇̬̺̤͚̜ ̳͈͓̼̼͊̿͑̍̄̋̑ę̷̶̞͚̙̻̹̺̙̠̲̐̋͗͌̀̎ͤ̚ ̖̪̹͕̳̺̪̖͕̋̃͑ͨ̊̓̏͡ȩ̵̛̘͈͕͈̭̄ͮͥ͋͑ ͚̰̘͆̾́ͭ̓̃ͨ̆̈́̀d̓̿̾ͩ͏̧͖̭̳͇̞̗̘ on an american drivers license why isnt it flipping when i enter the country?

I’m assuming they’re using IP location instead of device location maybe?

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
my experience is they geo-locate by ip. if i'm on my work vpn it makes it annoying to buy weed and lottery tickets online.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Shaggar posted:

seems like the easy fix for both c11 and c18 would be stop doing business in canada.

:pray:

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Shaggar posted:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Shaggar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5NqIsnyTG8

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

[video type=""]https://www.tmz.com/watch/2023-08-06-080623-riverboat-fight-close-up-1662867-813/[/video]

this alabama boat brawl is sending me

long story short: white dudes on a pontoon boat get told not to dock somewhere because its a loading zone. they do anyways and the dock person goes to untie their boat. and then an incredible brawl ensues

god i cannot stop watching all these videos

https://www.tmz.com/2023/08/06/riverboat-brawl-montgomery-alabama-turns-racial-black-white/

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

a dude on a boat in the water where one video was filmed full rear end just jumps in and slow swims to the dock. gets out, and proceeds to beat a dudes rear end

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
aquamayne

michael b. phelps

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
saw a picture of a guy with a still of some of the folding chair action screen printed on a shirt and said he was on the way to golden corral.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
picture of a dude with folding chair on his hip. “just got my open carry permit”

malcolm x with a folding chair in his hands looking out his window.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
https://twitter.com/Libra_King73/status/1688580414599020545

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

https://twitter.com/RizeFourLife/status/1688532605375758336?s=20

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
https://twitter.com/ThereGoTerry/status/1688509564595937281

he fuckin rock-bottomed that guy lmao

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
scuba gooding jr.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

that whole thing was amazing. the hat throw as the signal was the best.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

https://twitter.com/IATSE/status/1688659062878072833

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

they're definitely going to start killing people now

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

scuba gooding jr.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Mr. Nice! posted:

scuba gooding jr.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lol

Mr. Nice! posted:

scuba gooding jr.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

it’s a shame nobody used the people’s elbow

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I'm an RKO kind of guy

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

good for them. I’m not sitting through any more of these movies though

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i did not enjoy the sloppy fight at the boat dock clips.

i do enjoy this

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Jonny 290 posted:

i did not enjoy the sloppy fight at the boat dock clips.

i do enjoy this

would you say... unions were a good idea in the past?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
unions were a good idea in the past

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
Hurts Workers Hurts Families Hurts Communities SHAME ON THEM

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

if they have to pay vfx people what they are worth maybe they’ll make less movies with a ton of cg 🤔

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Jonny 290 posted:

unions were a good idea in the past

thats right

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
if it makes marvel movies fiscally impossible then its the best news ever

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Re the ongoing media / social media blitz in favor of a police crackdown here and in other cities

https://www.post-gazette.com/opinion/letters/2023/08/06/pittsburgh-is-worse-than-philadelphia/stories/202308060036

quote:

spent several days in Pittsburgh last week and was thinking about writing this, but when I read the story about the state of Downtown and other parts of the City, I knew I had to write (“Downtown, South Side remain epicenters of violence, despite Pittsburgh’s crime numbers — and response,” Aug. 1).

In all my years of living in and visiting Pittsburgh, I have never seen the Downtown look so bad. Empty, dirty, and unsafe. Personally, I experienced an attempted homicide in the lobby of my hotel on Forbes Avenue and was accosted twice walking to my office in Gateway Center. Yes, I live in Philadelphia and as bad as Philadelphia is, Pittsburgh is worse. I am trying to get my colleagues back to work at least four days a week, but with what I experienced, it is apparent downtown has a true chicken and egg dilemma.

But I was also in Lawrenceville, Shady Side, and Squirrel Hill, which were the polar opposite of Downtown. The fact is, for a city to be thriving, it must have a strong core. If something is not done, Pittsburgh will suffer in job loss and reputation. To see friends and associates was wonderful, to experience the Downtown was heartbreaking.

I don’t have the answer, but one thing I know about Pittsburgh is there are people, businesses and organization there that do, and they should be given the chance to make things right.

Larry Ceisler
Philadelphia

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Ceisler

quote:

Larry Ceisler is a prominent political operative in Pennsylvania, where he is the principal of Ceisler Media & Issue Advocacy.

A native of Washington, Pennsylvania, he is a graduate of American University and Duquesne University School of Law.[1]

He worked as a news producer for KDKA-TV in Pittsburgh and was transferred to KYW-TV in Philadelphia in 1983.[1] In 1986, he left the news business to work as a Deputy Campaign Manager for Philadelphia Mayor Wilson Goode.[1] He then joined the Wilson administration as Special Assistant for Governmental Relations and Special Counsel for the Commerce Department.[1]

He worked as a political analyst for WTXF-TV in Philadelphia from 1999 through 2005.[1] He is also a regular political commentator on KYW-TV, CN8, and the Michael Smerconish Show on WPHT.[1]

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_4J4uor3JE

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

bump_fn posted:

if it makes marvel movies fiscally impossible then its the best news ever

:emptyquote:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
This is cool and I wish them luck but this is throwing a spanner in the gears of a big machine that will absolutely try to crush them