Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

In fairness, I have 70 hours in this game and haven’t used a single consumable either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Owl Inspector posted:

In fairness, I have 70 hours in this game and haven’t used a single consumable either

not even bandages or the root rot cure? Those are the only 2 that are always on my hotbar. Sometimes I keep ammo boxes, and I usually have a concoction or 2 (if im alchemist) going.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Yeah, the most used consumables are always gonna be Concoctions simply because of how they function. That said my most used consumable is the Fae Needle since you can easily buy it from Nimue and find them running Losnom. Free mod power is just good and almost always useful, it's def let me clutch a few things out. That and blight cures relevant to the area+ bandages for bleeding.

I want to find a vendor for the evasion dust though. I must be the mega roller.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
i encountered the executioner and took a video in solidarity with that goon complaining about him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX9M-QyyCxY

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I think I only used the root rot because that was there at the time, everything else I just heal through. Even bleeds don't slow me down, I outheal it.

E: For the executioner there was two of us and I just stood on the stairs + flamethrowered him down. That gun is so good

dogstile fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Aug 7, 2023

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

The Lone Badger posted:

I'm seriously considering wearing Superconductor for more minigun ammo.
Superconductor is really good for engineer and gunslinger. The only time I take it off one character is co-op boss fights, where I use the amulet and ring that give you a chance at free relic use <50% health since most hits will knock you below 50% and getting people back up can easily leave you empty otherwise.

If engineer is your primary between overclock and Superconductor you'll have close to 100% uptime on your minigun on bosses.

dogstile posted:

I think I only used the root rot because that was there at the time, everything else I just heal through. Even bleeds don't slow me down, I outheal it.
Root rot and curse also don't dissipate on their own, so the consumable is smart. Root rot is especially annoying due to the cough interruption and the way that one root heavy gunner elite can potentially stagger chain you with the shots that inflict it.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

root rot is the worst status effect in the game.

gently caress root rot

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I got a trait in multiplayer called Revivalist, I'm not entirely sure how I got it and the wiki page has a lot of arguing in the comments, but MAN it's good. +50% revive speed, both me reviving and being revived.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Thumbtacks posted:

I got a trait in multiplayer called Revivalist, I'm not entirely sure how I got it and the wiki page has a lot of arguing in the comments, but MAN it's good. +50% revive speed, both me reviving and being revived.

In part 1 it was from picking people up 10 times. I'm guessing it's bugged and getting reset in multiplayer just like other flags.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Fate Accomplice posted:

root rot is the worst status effect in the game.

gently caress root rot

first thing I bought entering yaesha. It was (thankfully) obvious that this is gonna cause issues

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Can someone test if using hotshot builds mod power as you shoot while it’s active? Stuck at work thinking about builds

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
One of the first times I encountered root rot it seemed to bug out and cause me to permanently cough just from being hit by the attack cloud, wasn't even affected by it fully, made me avoid those attacks real good in the future though.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Thumbtacks posted:

Can someone test if using hotshot builds mod power as you shoot while it’s active? Stuck at work thinking about builds

No it doesn’t.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Mist form is real fun.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I saw the game being advertised a lot on Twitter a couple weeks ago and just wrote it off as a generic shooting game. Didn't really pay much attention until I heard back from some friends who were playing the game early, and it sounded right up my alley, but I was going out of town the weekend of launch so I decided to hold off and let opinions on the game settle. Came back and people were still loving the game, so I scooped it on PC and I've been digging it! I got N'Erud for my first area, and going through the Tower of the Unseen I did feel a little smart finding a way down through the elevator shaft to pick up the Shielded Heart, even though from reading the early posts in this thread this is probably one of the easier puzzles in the game.

Having a blast, though! I did reroll my character early on because I didn't like the voice I chose, although I do kinda wish I got that Bloodborne-like area again.

e: I will say that the central story isn't really grabbing me, but it's been easy for me to ignore and I'm digging the vibes of the N'Erud storyline so far.

Vitamean fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Aug 8, 2023

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Vitamean posted:

I saw the game being advertised a lot on Twitter a couple weeks ago and just wrote it off as a generic shooting game. Didn't really pay much attention until I heard back from some friends who were playing the game early, and it sounded right up my alley, but I was going out of town the weekend of launch so I decided to hold off and let opinions on the game settle. Came back and people were still loving the game, so I scooped it on PC and I've been digging it! I got N'Erud for my first area, and going through the Tower of the Unseen I did feel a little smart finding a way down through the elevator shaft to pick up the Shielded Heart, even though from reading the early posts in this thread this is probably one of the easier puzzles in the game.

Having a blast, though! I did reroll my character early on because I didn't like the voice I chose, although I do kinda wish I got that Bloodborne-like area again.

e: I will say that the central story isn't really grabbing me, but it's been easy for me to ignore and I'm digging the vibes of the N'Erud storyline so far.

The central story is dumb and feels like they made sure to bolt one on, because the previous didn't really have it. The lore and incidental storytelling is what's cool in both, like in DS.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

got back from vacation and beat a cube boss in the labyrinth and then another boss in bloodborne land and found more secrets and only got even more rings so now i have 21 rings and am level 9 still using the starter guns with only more starter guns to choose from lmao

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

uh oh fellas I've stumbled across an infested area named The Hatchery truly my worst nightmare come to life

e: i'm not kidding i'm seriously considering rerolling the campaign again over this lmao

Vitamean fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Aug 8, 2023

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Now that respecs are free I'd really like a loadout feature including equipped items/archetypes/traits so I can switch to a boss setup and back with one click.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Vitamean posted:

uh oh fellas I've stumbled across an infested area named The Hatchery truly my worst nightmare come to life

e: i'm not kidding i'm seriously considering rerolling the campaign again over this lmao

if this sort of thing gets to you then i don't think you're going to like the boss at all

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Vitamean posted:

Try the Dormant Facility too.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Owl Inspector posted:

Now that respecs are free I'd really like a loadout feature including equipped items/archetypes/traits so I can switch to a boss setup and back with one click.

Good news, in the recent AMA they confirmed loadouts are a priority

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I just got drowned by a flooded out room but I snagged two of the rings before dying so who's the real loser?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

so, I have a quick question - how much of this is randomized? like from what I think I've figured out, the zone maps have static setpiece areas and secrets but have random corridors connecting them, and each level has one of several level-specific plotlines you go through, but like, is the world map for a zone different for each playthrough? or does the same plotline have the same general world map layout?

trying to wrap my head around how I wanna approach N'Erud once I unlock adventure mode.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
One thing you can spot right away is that it can start you in a different location which will have a different final boss, along with side-areas and events showing up being random.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Vitamean posted:

so, I have a quick question - how much of this is randomized? like from what I think I've figured out, the zone maps have static setpiece areas and secrets but have random corridors connecting them

Nah the same secrets and setpiece events don't spawn every time, there are lots of alternate ones that get subbed in and out. Very cool if you're just running through experiencing different content, somewhat annoying if you're trying to find a specific item locked behind a specific event

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Vitamean posted:

I get you completely, that really hits my loving "ick" factor and I started playing that level at midnight.

Ended up turning all the lights and swearing loudly down discord whenever i got attacked.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

The hype for this finally made me give the original Epic freebie a go. Beat the last boss, while doing a few adventures, beat a couple of bosses on a harder difficulty.

Really enjoyed it, so I guess it's fair to say I'd like the new one? Is the DLC worth it, or should I just get straight to the sequel goodness?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Junkenstein posted:

The hype for this finally made me give the original Epic freebie a go. Beat the last boss, while doing a few adventures, beat a couple of bosses on a harder difficulty.

Really enjoyed it, so I guess it's fair to say I'd like the new one? Is the DLC worth it, or should I just get straight to the sequel goodness?

Remnant 1 with the Swamps of Corsus was a fun ride, although I'd suspect with the game now being this old you won't have a realistic shot at most of the neat multiplayer elements these days unless you specifically have interested friends to play with.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Junkenstein posted:

The sequel is the original but pretty much improved in every way imo.

The Remnant 1 DLC are pretty cool, the swamp one does a lot to flesh out that zone, and the Subject one adds a mini campaign that I liked a lot (except for one teleporting miniboss that is enough to make me disable the dlc for survivor mode). Recommended.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

got back from vacation and beat a cube boss in the labyrinth and then another boss in bloodborne land and found more secrets and only got even more rings so now i have 21 rings and am level 9 still using the starter guns with only more starter guns to choose from lmao

good news, you missed at least one long gun in the Labyrinth, and depending on storyline in bloodborne land at least a couple of guns.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I ended up using my starter gun until the end because by the time I got another one that wasn't a handgun I had already levelled it to 13 and the other guns wouldn't cut it.

I really wish they'd scale down the amount you had to pay as you leveled up. Frame it as the ward getting richer or something, I don't know.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The weapon upgrading system is vestigial and best dumped completely IMO.
After I beat the campaign I used a trainer with zero remorse to give myself enough Scrap to try out other guns.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

The Lone Badger posted:

The weapon upgrading system is vestigial and best dumped completely IMO.
After I beat the campaign I used a trainer with zero remorse to give myself enough Scrap to try out other guns.

tbh this is my only issue; as you pickup new stuff leveling it just to try it out "at power" is a little annoying. makes experimentation suck for no real reason

game owns otherwise and its not enough to really skew my enjoyment

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it would be better if there was a resource to raise your max upgrade level and then a different resource to upgrade weapons.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador
Is it just me or is the amulet that gives +20% damage when below 100% health easily the best all-rounder? It seems too good to be true.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I use the one that is +15% dmg and then another 15 when you use a relic. When that dropped I reread it a few times looking for the catch.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It really is good. I figured it was supposed to have a modifier like, "bonus increases as health lowers", but there's actually a second ring that does that I believe.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The upgrade system was the worst part about elden ring too, it's also the worst part about remnant 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I've been using the one that gives 20% damage at full health, and 3% lifesteal below full health. Seems like it covers all the bases well enough that I don't want to switch off from it unless I get like, all the shield gear for a shield built. Even then, healing while shielded is pretty good.

I kinda love how the extender mutator can make the coach gun a triple barrel. Just straight up makes it 50% better at only like, level 3 or 4.

A Moose fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Aug 8, 2023