Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

sebmojo posted:

it's very good and is also 5e which is good i'm sorry gradenko facts are facts and u have to face them

It's not even 5e I'm remarking on this time! It's just, the notion of role playing romance is one that I'm unfamiliar with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
they should take some of the abilities off wizards and put them on the other classes id say

just bizarre to me that you have characters that have a grab bag of completely random incoherent poo poo to draw from that ranges from "talk to runic bricks" to "ten turns of irresistible CC because a magical fish is slithering up their uethra" while other classes get "would you like to roll 1d20 or 1d19+1 to attack" on levelup

i understand it is a d&d Thing but its probably part of the reason people make fun of d&d all the time

e: also vanican magic is dumb. stop encouraging naps.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

gradenko_2000 posted:

It's not even 5e I'm remarking on this time! It's just, the notion of role playing romance is one that I'm unfamiliar with

like, not even Fiasco?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

gradenko_2000 posted:

Rolling with disadvantage, to imagine touching a boob

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
sebmojo maybe go to video games instead of giving out a dumbass admin challenge in the one cspam thread you post in

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
does BG3 have a “MC too stupid to be alive” series of dialogue options or choices like you could get in Arcanum?

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

Pillars of Eternity gave all the classes active abilities to manage and it just makes the game even muddier. drowning in Proper Noun cooldowns and mana bars

Vancian magic is fine except that it's a fundamentally time-based mechanic and RPG players flip the gently caress out at even the most tepid of time limits. if you want Vancian magic you got to have consequences for snoozing

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Yeah the big problem with bg3 is it's dnd combat. 65% chance to accomplish something or be completely useless that turn, it's a trash system. Game is fun despite that, at least it handles the rolling and busywork for you

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

Mario games ftw

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Cuttlefush posted:

sebmojo maybe go to video games instead of giving out a dumbass admin challenge in the one cspam thread you post in

yeah let the old man post about his fortnite in peace

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Tiler Kiwi posted:

they should take some of the abilities off wizards and put them on the other classes id say

just bizarre to me that you have characters that have a grab bag of completely random incoherent poo poo to draw from that ranges from "talk to runic bricks" to "ten turns of irresistible CC because a magical fish is slithering up their uethra" while other classes get "would you like to roll 1d20 or 1d19+1 to attack" on levelup

i understand it is a d&d Thing but its probably part of the reason people make fun of d&d all the time

e: also vanican magic is dumb. stop encouraging naps.

Candirumancy is a core part of the lore

speng31b
May 8, 2010

mod challenges haven't been funny for a long time if they ever were, let them die and

John Charity Spring posted:

let the old man post about his fortnite in peace

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
hoot also posted about 5 other games yesterday. stars make you so stupid

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Red Baron posted:

does BG3 have a “MC too stupid to be alive” series of dialogue options or choices like you could get in Arcanum?

yeah, like mentioned above when you underestimate Vlaakith

I mean, if you played any Planescape at all you probably will get that game over, but it is still funny

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

why does hoot's fortnite posting drive so many ppl insane?

dude loves his silly battle royale. we should encourage more posters to not be so miserable about the games they play

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

it’s fine

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

The Chad Jihad posted:

I'm pretty sure the companions are bugged in bg3 everyone is way too friendly for having had three conversations over two days. Also a bunch of continuity errors in their dialogues too
Yeah, I've had a couple of times where I was like "Wait, I never said/did that", though that extends beyond companions. One time ending up having to go and do the thing I said I had already done, because I just assumed that I must've picked up an explosive when my character got the option to say I had.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Lmfao sebmojo, the old man is just hype about new season. The challenge is dumb.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Octopimp/status/1688777102580228097

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

her loss

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

sebmojo posted:

it's very good and is also 5e which is good i'm sorry gradenko facts are facts and u have to face them

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
sebmojo you are a retard

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

guess love couldnt bloom on the battlefield after all

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

I still don't understand what this bullshit was

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

indigi posted:

the soy wojak is excited about nintendo labo

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I meant Nintendo labo

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

She's right

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

indigi posted:

nobody else does either, these memes are the most anyone on earth has thought about this project since its inception

I think it was an educational tool? Weird game poo poo like Kinect and Wiimotes find a lot of use in academics sometimes

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

hard to pick my favorite MGS cause each one has something its bringing to the table

1 is the most innovative when it came out, 2 has the best and most prophetic story, 3 is the best overall package, 4 has the best Ocelot, PW has the best side content, and V has the best gameplay

such a great series

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

indigi posted:

I meant Nintendo labo

does this clear things up?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

So Hoot has been mod challenged to post five more Nintendo wojacks? Is that right?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Seeing these old memes where soyjacks are really excited about this thing nobody has ever cared about reminds me of when the alt-right discovered that obscure child-beauty-pageant satire movie on Netflix and managed to telephone-game their discourse around it until they were convinced everyone left of Hitler loved it and it was their favorite movie because it made them horny

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

loquacius posted:

nobody else does either, these memes are the most anyone on earth has thought about this project since its inception

I think it was an educational tool? Weird game poo poo like Kinect and Wiimotes find a lot of use in academics sometimes

its Nintendo Switch + Legos + Cardboard

most of the fun is putting together the weird carboard contraptions. Then you play some Mario Party-esque minigames for 15 minutes before getting bored and putting them in a closet forever

source: i have a Labo

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

mark immune posted:

does this clear things up?

don't doxx me

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Tiler Kiwi posted:

forgotten realms has some kind of anti-worldbuilding thing going on where every possible feature of the setting has been designed to be as nonsense as possible

hi

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

indigi posted:

don't doxx me

lol Hoot nailed me with that wojack, I love Splatoon

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The guy vibrating while playing Mario 1 was absolutely me

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Xaris posted:

Rank 5'd every brotato :smug:

but yeah it's not a lot going on, but it's a cool game to play to podcasts n stuff in between Snowrunner

I just got my first rank 5 on the first character (SMGs seem way way way better than every other weapon).

Tips for the melee characters? They seem particularly hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.