Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
DOUBLE CLOTHESLINE!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jesus loving Christ

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:geno:

:sigh:

:cripes:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Absolute loving dogshit Jesus Christ.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
AHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT

holy loving poo poo gedo what is wrong with you

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
no

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
lmao

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Dead to me. That's what you are, NJPW.

Well, see you all tomorrow for the finals of D block.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Barry Bluejeans posted:

AHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT

holy loving poo poo gedo what is wrong with you

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Okay, well, there's no way you announce that and then have EVIL win, right?

Right???

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Imagine if EVIL beats SANADA in the quarters lmao

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
I love you gedo

That was so spiteful I'm crying

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Rarity posted:

Imagine if EVIL beats SANADA in the quarters lmao

He will lol

That's the next iwgp title match !!!

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Are they really leading to a hair vs hair match between Shingo and EVIL?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Telling the crowd they might get a bonus main event just to give them this bullshit, loving mindbendingly awful.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Even the stream isn't happy with the result as it just broke for me.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Telling the crowd they might get a bonus main event just to give them this bullshit, loving mindbendingly awful.

It's the funniest thing I've ever seen. I'm still laughing

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

i hate the result, but i must admit it's really really funny

funny but it definitely doesn't make me want to watch more nooj

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Eddie on commentary in the back half of tomorrow's show!

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Jerusalem posted:

I was ready to accept an EVIL win, but this gave me hope. Gedo taught me an important lesson: never dream.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Props to Gedo for pulling it off yet again; it basically took hours for people to no longer think Hikuleo advancing was the worst choice he could have made this tournament

Doesn't matter how many years I follow or how many I take a break for, the man is absolutely consistent with his work as sure as the sun will shine somewhere :wow:

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Tama Tonga wins and the crowd are like oh OK that means evil is going to win because shingo winning is too difficult to navigate.

Just before the match they announce oh don't worry we've got a plan for a tie. You will see shingo v tama tonight to decide the block if shingo wins. Crowd now get their hopes way up

Evil wins

I'm sorry but that's art

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

i kinda wish gedo went full sicko mode and had shingo kick out of the finish only for the match to go to a time limit draw

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

boy am i glad i tapped out on night 2

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It's been a good G1 (far from the best, but far from the worst too), just tonight was a spectacularly bad main event/result that also unfortunately threatens more of the same bullshit to follow in at least one of the big Quarter Final matches.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

yea ok posted:

boy am i glad i tapped out on night 2

It's been good bruv. For example evil winning tonight

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
The fact that the match had become a really entertaining clusterfuck in the last few minutes somehow only makes it worse

All the hope spots and faction warfare had brought the crowd to a fever pitch, so much so that the disappointment and confusion that followed was absolutely palpable

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Do not even ask posted:

i kinda wish gedo went full sicko mode and had evil win g1

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/penguin54351232/status/1688894925109100545?t=5-cEh6hluZhCOjD9Vx2rzQ&s=19

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Everything is EVIL

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Tbh the crowds have been weird this g1. They've had a few real good ones like at Aichi and tonight. Where something like okada v ospreay I would say was probably a bit disappointing for the office

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Gedo really teaching the NJPW audience to hate the 4 block format

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I am so tired of EVIL matches.....

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Mr E posted:

I am so tired of EVIL matches.....

Yeah, this one picked up at the end and then completely deflated as usual. He better not get to the semis.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony
Missed today's show, sounds like Eddie vs Finlay is the only thing to watch? Going to miss tomorrow too, was looking forward to Naito vs Tana live but I forgot I already had plans to go see a movie! I'll catch it later and give it ALL THE STARS in my imaginary newsletter.

Jerusalem posted:

They make such a big deal out of how much he hosed up the tournament that I want to believe it's some kind of angle but I just... I just can't any more. I have reached the "Girl who ran into the ring and begged Kiyomiya to stand up for himself is now just sitting distracted on her phone while doing her nails" stage of fandom now.

:cripes:
same :cry:

forkboy84 posted:

I think NOAH as it stands are incapable of rehabilitation but that's more a reflection of how bad their booking is.

That said, Kaito, go to All Japan. Top of cards with Yuma, Kento, Anzai, Ashino, Honda, Nomura & Kaito? Hell loving yeah. Quick, someone find a money mark to throw cash at All Japan
same, but don't think he will do it :cry:

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Yeah, this one picked up at the end and then completely deflated as usual. He better not get to the semis.
It seemed to me that Ishii got the crowd more into that match with Evil than anything I've seen in a HoT match post lockdown. I pray to Crom that Gedo doesn't interpret this as Evil being ready for another run on top.

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Yup. His name was Giant Singh. And that match with Candido WAS really good
I survived the 2002 Gigante Singh vs Gigante Silva feud in CMLL, AMA.

Something exceptionally weird came from this ------ Shibata was on his excursion back then and at the anniversary show that year he teamed with Khali as part of a trio against Silva and his partners. For real, Televisa Deportes broadcast it and everything. Think it was Wataru Inoue, shocker and Doc that were the rest of the guys in the match.

Sooper Gila fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Aug 8, 2023

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Sooper Gila posted:

Missed today's show, sounds like Eddie vs Finlay is the only thing to watch?

Ishii/Nicholls was solid too and I'd actually recommend watching the main if you need a good laugh

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

at long last. david finlay, C block champion. it's beautiful. it's right. it's what the people want

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
wtf is happening

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
why are hikuleo and evil advancing past the blcoks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Gedo has lost his drat mind that's why