Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Echoing that - the only BRs & Extraction shooters that have managed nice gunplay have been Apex and Warzone. If Bungie can hit that beat with good gun feel, they’ll have a winner.

(Please Jesus make their snipers feel nicer, it’s the one thing they make horrible)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Snipers don't deserve nice things

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Hunt has great weapons. they’re intentionally analog-feeling crap from the 19th century but downing someone with a vetterli or martini is the most “bam fucker” feeling imaginable

Wouldn’t complain about shooting similar to destiny but I’m not sure the aim assist would be a good fit for that kind of game.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Snipers might not be a good choice if you have to go to the guy's corpse and loot it

Gunfeel is probably going to be close to D2, Bungie knows it's one of their signature crown jewels

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Players expect sniper rifles to be in a shooting game, and provide 1 hit kills at long range. So game developers cater to that expectation while weighing the guns down with lots of ridiculous restrictions to prevent them from being the best weapon in the game. So they end up being unfun to use while still oppressive in pvp. Someone should be bold enough to just get rid of them entirely. Maybe have high zoom scopes, but have the bullets of the guns they're attached to still deal normal damage.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Sniper rifles explicitly can't knock down in a single headshot in apex, right?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

If I made a fps I would put sniper rifles in that despite what the reticle or models or anything else shows, the bullet missed

If you tried to do it point blank so that was impossible, it would somehow shoot you instead, but I'd allow it to count as a point instead of a suicide or negative or whatever

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Reiterpallasch posted:

Sniper rifles explicitly can't knock down in a single headshot in apex, right?

Depends on the specific rifle and armour value but yeah you generally need to be able to follow up. They specifically nerfed the ultra special sniper but the other two have fancy perks that help in some way.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Since I had to look up who that is, I'll post it

https://twitter.com/Kujay_/status/1688208414957260800?s=20

I understand why so many Destiny players are having their death throes right now, but as a Streamer I'd just be keeping my mouth shut while I figure out my new game

I keep checking on this seeing if the guy is gonna delete it or respond to all the people calling him a moron or anything and he's not giving me anything. Very disappointing.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

The issue with sniper rifles I think is that the way to 'balance' them is to make them behave more like they do in reality according to a dude I roomed with that was a retired scout sniper is "more trigonometry simulator and less call of duty"

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Lib and let die posted:

The issue with sniper rifles I think is that the way to 'balance' them is to make them behave more like they do in reality according to a dude I roomed with that was a retired scout sniper is "more trigonometry simulator and less call of duty"

Have bullet drop and the rotation of the earth as in-game factors.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Lib and let die posted:

old bf4 clip, but they did do bullet drop pretty well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epnsjkNr49Y

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

RBA Starblade posted:

The teaser trailer shows someone minding their own business and getting domed by sniper i can tell you this game is gonna be real bad

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh, poo poo, I thought Solstice was going for the rest of the season, but it actually ends today and I only farmed up enough armor for one character, I better do what I can before daily reset to get armor for my other two chara--

:shepface:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Huge fan of how clicking the maintenance banner on the web site brings you to the @bungiehelp account with only tweets from three years ago listed. Thanks elon

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

'They crunched for Halo 2 and nowadays have stopped' is right up there with 'Germany was up to no good in WW1 but have stopped nowadays'... kinda dismissing a lot of people's pain there

RocketRaygun posted:

DAE think working 60 hours a week is just like the holocaust? :shepface:

These are bad posts and you should both feel bad.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
OOF. https://twitter.com/gammaknight1/status/1688673838916317186?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Honestly the event was kind of boring and the armor rolls I got were poo poo and it didn't seem worth it. I did get all the new weapons, though. The stasis handgun is just awful.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i came back sunday and thought about trying to grind out the event (certainly a better EAZ activity than the one they had a couple years ago, which was fun to do exactly once and then i never wanted to touch again) but the guns didn't really seem worth it

kind of a dumb metric though because i'd say if 3% of every player who has ever put more than 10 hours into this game got one of those, it's not that bad? i assume most people just dip between expansions, i dunno, lots of games out there right now. y'all heard about this "baldur's gate 3"?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

the rocket launcher has poo poo perks and an underwhelming element and was offered during the end of season doldrums when the solstice armor tuning was far less important than it was last year because the majority of players who wanted or needed that level of fine-tuning on their armor drops already had it

the most exciting part of this year's solstice was the armor sets looking extremely good and you could get a full set by simply talking to eva

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The armor was nice for speeding up hitting my way to pinnacle gear and it looks pretty alright. The rocket launcher has some fun rolls too. I never shot the handcannon because Crimson is the only one I will ever use. I liked the event but apparently nobody but me figured out you can throw the igniters from anywhere and it works so we only hit max ignition like twice lol

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Kith posted:

the most exciting part of this year's solstice was the armor sets looking extremely good and you could get a full set by simply talking to eva

Followed closely by not having to grind out the glows on all three characters.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

to be fair long-distance ignitions take effort because if the orbs hit terrain then they're wasted so lots of people avoided trying so they didn't screw up

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Followed closely by not having to grind out the glows on all three characters.

who the gently caress has three characters in this gently caress-rear end game

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I do but I only play the warlock alt if I need to do something like get this god damned dinklebot from the dreaming city (though the nova bomb engine build is fun)

The hunter is there for free goodies whenever Bungie hands em out

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help

RBA Starblade posted:

I liked the event but apparently nobody but me figured out you can throw the igniters from anywhere and it works so we only hit max ignition like twice lol
Every once in a while I'd toss an igniter and it wouldn't count and it wasn't ever really clear if it was blocked by some minor bit of terrain, or if it wasn't thrown high enough and dipped down into something, or if it was too far, or what. Would have hit max ignition more often if not for those.

(And I didn't mind the event, but it's the first time I've done it, so I could understand people being annoyed if it's barely different than previous years.)

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
The armor focusing sucked because you needed 20+40+60 dust to get an armor piece fully juiced (which is equivalent to the number of leaves you're running with).

Drops at the end of each run were heavily skewed towards armor, I got multiple armor pieces from the bonfire and a handful of guns.

I don't hold anything against Solstice as a particular add-on to seasonal stuff, grinding up more stuff as you're doing other grinding, but as a thing to do for the sake of doing it? It was pretty bad.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I did enough solstice to get the ship, and got a few rocket launchers along the way which was nice, but I kinda dont like playing strand titan anyway (and this season has some killer void/arc builds)

But solstice is pretty grindy yeah

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

abraham linksys posted:

kind of a dumb metric though because i'd say if 3% of every player who has ever put more than 10 hours into this game got one of those, it's not that bad? i assume most people just dip between expansions, i dunno, lots of games out there right now. y'all heard about this "baldur's gate 3"?

This is correct.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I have no idea what the tool he used to measure that is, he doesn't link it, he doesn't provide any other weapons for comparison and taking a quick look at his feed, his entire personality seems to be based around hating Destiny, so, color me skeptical.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
that looks like warmind.io, but i have no idea how they actually calculate their numbers. light.gg also has a little display for what percentage of the playerbase has a thing, so i'm guessing the API exposes the number somehow, but i don't know what "adjusted" means.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MJeff posted:

I have no idea what the tool he used to measure that is, he doesn't link it, he doesn't provide any other weapons for comparison and taking a quick look at his feed, his entire personality seems to be based around hating Destiny, so, color me skeptical.

It’s just Charlemagne / warmind.io one of the various api scraping tools that collect/and compile data for the game so you can actually figure what poo poo is because the game itself is garbage at providing information.

https://warmind.io/analytics/item/rocket-launchers

Rocket launcher page to compare against the rest. All info on your guardian is shown to everyone via api so these places can scrap pretty extensively what the playerbase has. You have to opt out of it but last i checked barely anyone does.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

MJeff posted:

Chuck will tell you this type of stuff. Not sure if it can pull from everyone or only people who have registered.

https://warmind.io/

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It’s just Charlemagne / warmind.io one of the various api scraping tools that collect/and compile data for the game so you can actually figure what poo poo is because the game itself is garbage at providing information.

https://warmind.io/analytics/item/rocket-launchers

Rocket launcher page to compare against the rest. All info on your guardian is shown to everyone via api so these places can scrap pretty extensively what the playerbase has. You have to opt out of it but last i checked barely anyone does.

Okay yeah when loving Gjallarhorn is at 4%, I'm not gonna take this thing being at 1.2% as some kind of referendum.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Grinding solstice to reroll armor to 55-61 stat points is lame. RAhool gave me a cracked natural 70 hoiL for the cost of a few strikes.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MJeff posted:

Okay yeah when loving Gjallarhorn is at 4%, I'm not gonna take this thing being at 1.2% as some kind of referendum.

That seems like a bad example to pick. 4% of for all accounts, 10% for people with more than 10 hours of playtime and you picked the one gun that’s entirely gated behind a separate purchase that’s not within the deluxe pack for the year (and even if you do buy it you still have to do the quest/dungeon for it). 10% for gjally is actually pretty good all things considered.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Rip to anyone who paid silver for this shader lol https://twitter.com/destinybulletn/status/1688967208096219136?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

Ada-1 also has a FWC shader she hasn’t sold before (War Cult Endgame)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That seems like a bad example to pick. 4% of for all accounts, 10% for people with more than 10 hours of playtime and you picked the one gun that’s entirely gated behind a separate purchase that’s not within the deluxe pack for the year (and even if you do buy it you still have to do the quest/dungeon for it). 10% for gjally is actually pretty good all things considered.

Fine, then, Bump In The Night. Craftable gun, only gated behind the season, only stasis rocket launcher in the game until very recently, I'm pretty sure it got some significant buzz because of its perk pool when it came out. Probably pretty safe to say if you spent any real time on Season of the Haunted, you got a Bump in the Night at some point. Global rarity 3.2%, adjusted rarity 8%. That's not that much higher than Duologue, a gun that was only in the game for three weeks.

Majere posted:

Grinding solstice to reroll armor to 55-61 stat points is lame. RAhool gave me a cracked natural 70 hoiL for the cost of a few strikes.

I got a few 64-67s, but I was also getting a lot of 60s and 61s and as low as 59s, with the spark inserted, which, what?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Rip to anyone who paid silver for this shader lol https://twitter.com/destinybulletn/status/1688967208096219136?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

Ada-1 also has a FWC shader she hasn’t sold before (War Cult Endgame)

Welp, now I have egg on my face

But I guess this confirms those silver weapon ornament and shader bundles will be in the bright dust rotation eventually (maybe)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Holy poo poo, the fluff text on 'prototype submersible.'

Also phoenix fusion skin for starfire protocol :swoon: