Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I would like to amend my original statement: he's not gonna be getting work and it is because of (his lack of support for) the strikes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

site posted:

I would like to amend my original statement: he's not gonna be getting work and it is because of (his lack of support for) the strikes

Nah, he'll definitely get cast in the next Fountainhead adaptation

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

He also retweeted Jordan Peterson lmao

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
is that the quickest pr blunder ever lol holyshit

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

omg chael crash posted:

He also retweeted Jordan Peterson lmao

Yeah he’s dead to me.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Oracle posted:

Yeah he’s dead to me.

Would you go so far as to say he has failed your city?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Would be real disappointing if I hadn't already been fully inoculated at this point against celebrities suddenly turning out to be trash. At this point it just rolls right off.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So I’ve just started rewatching Cloak and Dagger on Disney+ and I’m pleased to report it still holds up.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

An actress who played a major character on the show has said her most recent royalty check was for four cents.

Edit: was wrong about who said what

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yeah that's why they're on strike

It was a good show though, I was pleasantly surprised when I went through it a year or two ago

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Yvonmukluk posted:

So I’ve just started rewatching Cloak and Dagger on Disney+ and I’m pleased to report it still holds up.

Cloak and Dagger was legit.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

muscles like this! posted:

An actress who played a major character on the show has said her most recent royalty check was for four cents.

Edit: was wrong about who said what

Surprised that after postage she didn't end up owing them for the cost of sending her the royalty.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
The writer of the first Men in Black film gets a letter every year telling him that he doesn't get any royalty payments, because his royalties are based off net profit and sadly the movie starring Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones and has two sequels and a spin off cartoon still has not actually made a profit yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHL91HQzhuc

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Robert Carradine posted a residual cheque Disney sent him a few years ago for $0

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Re: Superman
Gay gorillas are the best

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
agreed

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Supes: I wonder when the General Lane shoe will drop.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That was an awesome episode of Supes I figured that Lois would eventually forgive Supes once she realizes why he kept it a secret. Jimmy knowing the whole time was great. It could have been the screws had me laughing. Also yeah thr confrontation with General has to come to fruition.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I finally got around to watching the Atom Eve episode on Amazon and it was pretty good. Was this something new for the cartoon or was it from a mini that I missed after I stopped reading Invincible?

Also, while I always appreciate a Le Tigre needle drop, it was probably a good thing that this show about a young teen cut off Decepticon before it got to the second part of the song!

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
It took a two-issue miniseries and added WAY MORE meat to more or less the same bones. Expected some of the Rex Splode follow-up to pad for time, but focusing on Eve and bringing her whole deal to a satisfying end was a much better choice.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Watched the latest Harley Quinn, this is still the second best Batman related thing after TAS.

Of course Musk would go to Lex Luther's moon evil convention.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Seasons 1 and 2 are finally on Netflix

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

Watched the latest Harley Quinn, this is still the second best Batman related thing after TAS.

Of course Musk would go to Lex Luther's moon evil convention.

musk and zucc

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
zuck is the only one who is mentioned by name and has something actually happen to him

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

site posted:

zuck is the only one who is mentioned by name and has something actually happen to him

Zuck is named but that is also clearly Elon and he gets graphically murdered

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
well now i'm gonna watch it again because i saw him get yanked off screen but missed the brutal murder

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

site posted:

well now i'm gonna watch it again because i saw him get yanked off screen but missed the brutal murder

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Ah cool I haven’t watched the new HQ episode yet.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Funny that it was Veronica Cale, a character who feels like a competent version of Musk in a lot of ways

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Joe Fisto posted:

Re: Superman
Gay gorillas are the best

I thoroughly enjoyed wholesome and non-evil Brain and Mallah

Joe Fisto posted:

Supes: I wonder when the General Lane shoe will drop.

I keep thinking the general will turn out to be Wade Eiling, but maybe they will merge the two or such

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I’ve seen a couple TikToks recently pointing out that Peacemaker was the good version of Secret Invasion and I really can’t argue that at all.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

twistedmentat posted:

Ever since the end of S3, it's been driving me bugfuck that the comics haven't stolen the idea of Harley finding out Batman's secret identity and becoming his therapist.

It makes so much sense -- she's literally the one trained psychiatrist in the world who actually understands what he's going through, how much one bad day can warp your entire life, what living in their world is like, and she's got knowledge that Bruce doesn't, namely that you can in fact claw your way back out of that pit, it's not a life sentence.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I feel like that as a whole, DC can't really settle on how actually stupid/crazy they want Harley to be. Individual creators seem to have some idea, but it's not quite a solidified notion for the character across all mediums.

She's got a bit of that Homer Simpson-itis. Even in the animated series it's never quite clear how legit she was, and whether or not her initial interest in the Joker was based in professional ambition or trying to make a buck by working with a big name

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

OnimaruXLR posted:

I feel like that as a whole, DC can't really settle on how actually stupid/crazy they want Harley to be. Individual creators seem to have some idea, but it's not quite a solidified notion for the character across all mediums.

She's got a bit of that Homer Simpson-itis. Even in the animated series it's never quite clear how legit she was, and whether or not her initial interest in the Joker was based in professional ambition or trying to make a buck by working with a big name

Probably better in the long run. If the character is malleable then she'll stick around longer. If there's some interpretations that make her smarter hopefully it keeps the Flanderization at bay where she'll keep getting ever more dumb/ insane/zany.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

OnimaruXLR posted:

I think stupid or crazy isn't the right words for what your getting at, as I don't think she's been depicted as either in modern comics and adaptations. Cartoonish, amoral, and traumatized by a literally toxic relationship, sure, but not stupid or crazy.

I don't think how good of a psychiatrist she is or was comes up much because she's no longer actively practicing in that field. It's not a skill set that necessarily comes up often when executing heists, spreading anarchy, or doing eco terrorism with the girlfriend. Which is why I love it when it does become relevant in the cartoon or the Injustice comics that they go with "No, she actually knew her poo poo. She just made a terrible, terrible mistake with the Joker."

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

glitchwraith posted:

I think stupid or crazy isn't the right words for what your getting at, as I don't think she's been depicted as either in modern comics and adaptations. Cartoonish, amoral, and traumatized by a literally toxic relationship, sure, but not stupid or crazy.

As late as Arkham Asylum (the game, so '09) you have Batman commenting that Harley was never very bright, which tracks with how she was depicted in TAS and its spin-offs. I think making her more competent at her job is a very modern take as she became more popular (one I do agree with, her having the psych experience makes her far more interesting).

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

catlord posted:

As late as Arkham Asylum (the game, so '09) you have Batman commenting that Harley was never very bright, which tracks with how she was depicted in TAS and its spin-offs. I think making her more competent at her job is a very modern take as she became more popular (one I do agree with, her having the psych experience makes her far more interesting).

Her portrayal in the Gotham Knights game was good in that way. Still Joker-ish but Batman respected her professional experience, and it formed the foundation of her main scheme in the game.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Her portrayal in the Arkham games got very mean, it was commented on even at the time. I think making her generally smarter helps avoid the weird "haha dumb bitch" jeering that the character can indulge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The Arkham games seem to actively hate Harley

Also, women in general