Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

The drowning of the 2 bodies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Presumably, by water.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

zoux posted:

Presumably, by water.

You don't know that! Facts matter!!!

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

no you have to put a few line breaks in before your last phrase and then punctuate it with a period

Facts matter.

conservatives always do that poo poo, they think they're the Charles Bronsons of shitposting

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

nobody has pointed out that all that water came here from new mexico

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

i say swears online posted:

nobody has pointed out that all that water came here from new mexico

And the bodies from old mexico. See.s like collusion to make Texas look bad.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

George H.W. oval office posted:

It was Biden’s weak border policy that drowned those people!

Lol

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

zoux posted:

Presumably, by water.

Many such cases!

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Badger of Basra posted:

The drowning of the 2 bodies

a water involved incident.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Behold I am become drowned

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

poemdexter posted:

You don't know that! Facts matter!!!

I cant remember where I saw it - but there was an article recently that was like - it's fake news that there is razor wire on the buoys - rather there are serrated circular razors similar to saw blades in between each buoy.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Listen, I have a solution for this

*slaps "turn around, don't drown" sign on top of razor wire buoys*

*wipes hands* There, all done.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

leper khan posted:

Was it the razor wire that caused the drowning?

The state's current position is that they drowned elsewhere in a risky crossing and were washed downstream into the buoys. This is actually pretty plausible, people drown in the Rio Grande in totally normal ways somewhat frequently, but even if true it just means nobody has been drowned by the buoys yet. also zero people should need to cross the river in a risky way

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/fiImgal/status/1687201322217660416

but for me, it was wednesday

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Google Jeb Bush posted:

The state's current position is that they drowned elsewhere in a risky crossing and were washed downstream into the buoys. This is actually pretty plausible, people drown in the Rio Grande in totally normal ways somewhat frequently, but even if true it just means nobody has been drowned by the buoys yet. also zero people should need to cross the river in a risky way

Are we sure this isn’t an SK situation? Someone start the Facebook group

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

el anti-vivo del rio bravo

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
I just love that Abbott is hellbent on justifying the total nightmare optics of giant floating razor balls

Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007

The only redeeming quality to praying with others is when they agree to do the prayer and you don't have to. This sounds painful. God will tune this out.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Mistaken Frisbee posted:

The only redeeming quality to praying with others is when they agree to do the prayer and you don't have to. This sounds painful. God will tune this out.

the worst was popcorn-style where the pray-er would nominate the next person

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Kull the Conqueror posted:

I just love that Abbott is hellbent on justifying the total nightmare optics of giant floating razor balls

That’s because it is a desirable policy position to kill immigrants among at least a plurality of the state’s Republican primary voters

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

Just the literal words of Christ nbd

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

but...but when two or more gather...

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

zoux posted:

And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

Just the literal words of Christ nbd

literally the verse that popped in my head when i saw the video.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

but...but when two or more gather...

He is there, tellilng you to gently caress off to your secret prayer oubliette

I had a serious problem with See You at the Pole when I was still a young christian teen

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Chron_MattYoung/status/1688994922760654849

I'd like to thank Johnny Football for being the worlds most perfect aggie and giving me years of deep, personal enjoyment

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

zoux posted:

I had a serious problem with See You at the Pole when I was still a young christian teen

lol that was the most performative poo poo. i think i went all three years in middle school and once in high school before i stopped wanting to wake up at 6am

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

My high school had a chapter of the fellowship of Christian athletes and they met at the flagpole like once a week before class to pray

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i went to one FCA meeting in 9th grade where the football head coach drank a live goldfish and i didn't go back

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I can't imagine what would possess a person to swallow a live anything for any reason other than to just torture an animal. Christians are really cool!!

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Y'all were all Young Life kids?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

that's way too centralized for my sensibilities

my church didn't even have awanas

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Some ashamed rear end unapproved workers

I am glad I did a bunch of awanas because it is actually handy to have memorized a bunch of bible verses, for arguing purposes.

Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007
I grew up Mormon-identified in Oklahoma (but mostly agnostic/atheist by age 12). We weren't really welcome at Christian student activities.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

i went to one FCA meeting in 9th grade where the football head coach drank a live goldfish and i didn't go back

I'm pretty sure this has been considered prosecutable as animal cruelty for a lot of years now. At least that's what they used to tell us in anti-bullying/hazing assemblies in middle school.

You can fool people into thinking you've done it using clever palming of carved carrots. I'm not sure I think a high school football coach would care enough to bother if he was going to pull that stunt in the first place.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

zoux posted:

I'd like to thank Johnny Football for being the worlds most perfect aggie and giving me years of deep, personal enjoyment

:hmmyes:

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

???

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's got a wikipedia page

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Handling snakes does but idk if live goldfish swallowing is a well known part of Christian ritual practice

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It was probably some Power Team pep rally bs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Yaint never lived until you seen a muscled man glorify our lord and savior Jesus Christ through feats of strength like:

• bending rebar
  • phone book tearing
  • blowing up hot water bottle until it burst
  • cinder block breaking with arm or forehead

Can I get an amen?