Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I like her design a lot :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

novaSphere posted:

Can't be worse than Lifeweaver. :toot:

Are you willing to bet on that? With this development team?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

the new hero looks cool. will be playing

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

She looks like a flying Sojourn with healing Sym turrets

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Time to put "need a dispenser here" on the soundboard

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

That Omnic Ana mythic might as well have been made for me:allears:

drat, same here. I'm all in for that.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

grieving for Gandalf posted:

the new hero looks cool. will be paying

Blizzard "That's more like it."

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I like the new hero a lot but I wish the ult was just regular rockets rather than a single big jarate rocket. The mythic Ana skin is kinda bland imo, feels like most of the other Nullsec skins have way flashier looks, especially Sym and Kiriko. They should focus on making the new heroes they add to the roster more Nullsec guys like Rammatra so they can work on the aesthetic.

Also I had a comp game yesterday that went to tiebreaker rounds where my team pushed the payload a staggering 4.89 meters on our attack round and then spawn locked the opposing team for a minute thirty and won anyway lmao

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Good thing I slowly ground out a few hundred coins during S4 and S5 to put me over the 1500 mark because now Blizzard will definitely allow me to spend that $15 worth of coins on the $15 Invasion Bundle. Going to take a big sip of coffee as I click on the shop this Thursday...

Jack Trades posted:

Lmao what is that loving frame drop between 0:56 and 0:59? Did they run out of budget to render 60 fps video?

When Brigitte swings her mace? It's one of those pre-rendered cutscenes like they had in Retribution and Storm Rising. Those all play at a more cinematic 24fps.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Dick Jones posted:

Good thing I slowly ground out a few hundred coins during S4 and S5 to put me over the 1500 mark because now Blizzard will definitely allow me to spend that $15 worth of coins on the $15 Invasion Bundle. Going to take a big sip of coffee as I click on the shop this Thursday...

When Brigitte swings her mace? It's one of those pre-rendered cutscenes like they had in Retribution and Storm Rising. Those all play at a more cinematic 24fps.

nah there was definitely something wrong with that clip

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

cunts are still running the show.
https://twitter.com/earthklaans/status/1689119821869277184

Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyvIUwGD7AY

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

that lucky sleep must have scared the poo poo out of Sombra :allears:

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Two matches in and I'm already in love with Illari. I don't know how she'll shake out balance wise of course, but her kit is just so perfect for me.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Illari does something Lifeweaver still manages to avoid: feel fun and satisfying.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Also I didn't lose my progress on Unrelenting Hero, so maybe they fixed the achievement thing? :iiam:

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

lol

Illari kicks rear end though

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

anyone else getting like 120 ping games after the patch today?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

hope and vaseline posted:

anyone else getting like 120 ping games after the patch today?

They're saving on server costs.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Okay? Why?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
logging on rn to make sure i can still say 'junkerqueen should have a voiceline where she says "oval office" blizzard pls' in match chat

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

toadee posted:

Illari does something Lifeweaver still manages to avoid: feel fun and satisfying.

the other thing she does that lifeweaver doesn't is get kills

speaking of which, they buffed lifeweaver a lot yet again. I have a feeling it's still not enough, and won't be until they give him an appreciable amount of damage.

also get rid of his reloading already!!!

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
smh that they gave lifeweaver a giant hand to grab friendlies with, but don't give him a giant fist to punch enemies with, launching them off the map and into pits

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

If I was an Ana fan I'd be pissed for that being her Mythic Skin.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

I like the skin, but I'm a bit disappointed that the first customisation option is awesome and the other two are crap. Best combo imo is tier 1 skin and gun, with tier 3 color.

Best Ana skin remains Bastet.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

there's a natural progression to not being able to type to your opponents

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Jack Trades posted:

It’s a cool skin but yeah I kind of wish they went with a more regal Egyptian theme with a fancy hairstyle and ornate robes or something.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

the ana mythic better have some amazing unique sleep/grenade fx

i do like the spinning ball in her t1 gun

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

comedyblissoption posted:

there's a natural progression to not being able to type to your opponents

They can copy Hearthstone so you can't communicate except by emotes.

And then they can sell spicy emotes.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

"This match was doubleplusgood fellow battle pass purchasers."

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Tuxedo Gin posted:

They can copy Hearthstone so you can't communicate except by emotes.

And then they can sell spicy emotes.
people would get upset b/c they could mute emotes but you'd still see a very slight almost imperceptible twitch or lighting effect when emoting

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

comedyblissoption posted:

people would get upset b/c they could mute emotes but you'd still see a very slight almost imperceptible twitch or lighting effect when emoting

I'm still mad they refused to put in an auto-squelch even though people begged for years for one.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
they really should've just done what battlebit did, press f1 to mute the currently talking person

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

While I'm not advocating for it here, HotS has no ability to communicate with your opponents in-match and the game is better for it.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Honestly, OW should really get rid of it. There's literally nothing to be gained from being able to type "x diff" at your opponents, especially when 90% of the people that post it are doing the worst on their team.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Played a little of Illari and she's a dps that sometimes heals. Her M2 is underwhelming heal-wise, so you really have to get value out of your healing pylon. Ult is good but not OP. Fun hero, probably needs some numbers tweaked but that's about it.

black.lion posted:

the ana mythic better have some amazing unique sleep/grenade fx

I hope she's got a similar robot voice filter to the Genji mythic.

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

cunts are still running the show.
Disable match chat in comp.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

im depressed lol posted:

Disable match chat in comp.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

only played each new map once but flashpoint mode is fun imo and the maps seem well made

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I hope she's got a similar robot voice filter to the Genji mythic.

She does

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUHzTN8V76k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Haven't played in a few months, but I have enough tokens saved up and I'm an ana main. Gonna play me some comp MH.

Mostly in it for option 1 and the voice. There are some things I don't like about even option 1 though: That hole in the back of her cloak that shows the rib cage, and the angle of her neck are weird.

headcase fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Aug 11, 2023