Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I bet Steph is into MXPX

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Inside Outside posted:

which NBA player is in The Armed?

Depends, are they still presenting themselves as eight mega swole people?

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Dejan Bimble posted:

It does not shock me at all that there are a bunch of loving Paramore fans in this thread

You guys are hilarious
Your taste in music, well agree to disagree

More of a Brand New/Touché Amoré kinda guy myself

verbal enema posted:

I listen to a lot of extreme "core" music

Speed, Terror, Hate, Splitter, Extratone

I also listen to cher and Taylor Dayn

And tons of ICP and Esham

Toss in some John Prine and japanese taiko drum music too

On and Islamic nasheeds

Terror gently caress yeah

Criminal Minded fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Aug 9, 2023

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

morestuff posted:

I’m 36 so I just listen to The National

I thought that was for people who were 46

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Why is no one a lostprophets fan….ohhhhhhhhhh noooooooo

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

Skinner_its_the_kids_who_are_wrong.png
"kids"???

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the only music takes i need from the NBA Thread are dokmo's Soul Jams to Watch Reggie Jackson Miss Layups To playlist

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

I thought that was for people who were 46

I was listening to The National a ton between the ages of 18-22. "Boxer" is still in my heavy rotation.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Probably my favorite band or guy is Silver Jews. Red House Painters /sun kil moon like pre 2008 when mark kozelek kind of lost it.

Refused, Steely Dan, Nas, Kanye, Suga Free, Smog, my dad is dead, , consequence, john forde, pino donaggio, haydn, just a ton of italo disco stuff, conway twitty, waylon jennings, george jones, can, the replacements, galaxie 500, a bunch of Chinese dreampop/post punk bands that I can't paste the characters for on my phone. These are my favorites. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5O-vhD8ATo (Chinese people in China are making dream pop and it's good, dragibus, old gucci mane,

I'm almost middle aged so I like a lot of music. A million obscure bands whose albums and songs I've lost in hard drive crashes and will never get back. RIP the golden age of mp3 blogs where people could pass their love of random obscure bands/songs on. Now we're dominated by the algo which loves mediocrity.

If you want to discover rare italo gems, check out intergalactic.fm which has a italo shows on all the time. they do other genres but I don't know about them

also if you want to listen to lovely but functional music that either makes you feel like you've had 30mg of adderall/ a big pile of xanax/ or some kind of nightmare drug taht only makes you terrified I recommend brain.fm it's like binaural beats but it actually works. It works well enough that they get away with charging 7 dollars a month to listen. If you ever have trouble sleeping or focusing, try it out. It sounds silly but it works.
except the meditation setting which only plays nightmare sounds for some raisin.

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Aug 9, 2023

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

I was listening to The National a ton between the ages of 18-22. "Boxer" is still in my heavy rotation.

i like the song from the soundtrack to Warrior and i need my girl 👴

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
I still insist on a huge music library on my hard drive. Soulseek for life. Also anyone who’s a fan of Galaxie 500 is a scholar and a gentleman. Got to see Refused live a few years ago, dream come true.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I only listen to field recordings and drone music

i listen to every type of music except rap and country

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

fart simpson posted:

i listen to every type of music except rap and country

I only listen to Bubba Sparxxx

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Dejan Bimble posted:

Probably my favorite band or guy is Silver Jews. Red House Painters /sun kil moon like pre 2008 when mark kozelek kind of lost it.

Refused, Steely Dan, Nas, Kanye, Suga Free, Smog, my dad is dead, , consequence, john forde, pino donaggio, haydn, just a ton of italo disco stuff, conway twitty, waylon jennings, george jones, can, the replacements, galaxie 500, a bunch of Chinese dreampop/post punk bands that I can't paste the characters for on my phone. These are my favorites. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5O-vhD8ATo (Chinese people in China are making dream pop and it's good, dragibus, old gucci mane,

I'm almost middle aged so I like a lot of music. A million obscure bands whose albums and songs I've lost in hard drive crashes and will never get back. RIP the golden age of mp3 blogs where people could pass their love of random obscure bands/songs on. Now we're dominated by the algo which loves mediocrity.

If you want to discover rare italo gems, check out intergalactic.fm which has a italo shows on all the time. they do other genres but I don't know about them

also if you want to listen to lovely but functional music that either makes you feel like you've had 30mg of adderall/ a big pile of xanax/ or some kind of nightmare drug taht only makes you terrified I recommend brain.fm it's like binaural beats but it actually works. It works well enough that they get away with charging 7 dollars a month to listen. If you ever have trouble sleeping or focusing, try it out. It sounds silly but it works.
except the meditation setting which only plays nightmare sounds for some raisin.

I'm making my way through the Replacements discography right now.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
This is the only song anyone needs to listen to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_shxzlTRK44

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Dejan Bimble posted:

Now I wanna see a dunk mix of Westbrook dunking for the entirety of Katy Song outro

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Strawberry Panda posted:

I'm making my way through the Replacements discography right now.

I discovered The Replacements through Youtube music recommendations and they are great

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

xbilkis posted:

This is the only song anyone needs to listen to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CcNQU2D4og

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Dexo posted:

My taste in music is all over the place.

My shuffle playlists will go from like Lupe, to Paramore, to Durk, to MCR, to Jeezy.

From high schoolers in 2007 to those same high schoolers in 2007. Wild

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Criminal Minded posted:

I still insist on a huge music library on my hard drive. Soulseek for life. Also anyone who’s a fan of Galaxie 500 is a scholar and a gentleman. Got to see Refused live a few years ago, dream come true.

Both those bands kick rear end

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

kingcobweb posted:

From high schoolers in 2007 to those same high schoolers in 2007. Wild

Hey in 2007 I was in college

Also Durk wasn't making music in 2007. Smh

Anyway Pascal Siakam to the Hawks?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Me and one of my best friend's met each other because I saw him wearing a Galaxie 500 shirt.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Incredible band that will be ruined forever if you imagine it’s Adam Sandler doing his voice from the Hanukkah Song

https://youtu.be/1w9iv7RcmPM

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
This is the only song I ever have and ever will listen to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-N1yJyrQRY

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Dejan Bimble posted:

a bunch of Chinese dreampop/post punk bands that I can't paste the characters for on my phone. These are my favorites. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5O-vhD8ATo (Chinese people in China are making dream pop and it's good, dragibus, old gucci mane,

Post ur Chinese dreampop playlist bruv

There's a lot of shoegaze and postpunk bands active in the Chinese scene. It's a great musical scene if you still wanna be a sad teen deep inside.

Dexo posted:

Anyway Pascal Siakam to the Hawks?

Hell yeah he'll fit right in on the perpetual .500 squad

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Telluric Whistler posted:

Post ur Chinese dreampop playlist bruv

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j4K-3_MkufM

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

just the other day i was getting annoyed that i couldn't find the cantonese version of dreams on apple music

also here's a cool music website https://www.sudantapesarchive.com/albums/044

EmotionlessThug fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Aug 9, 2023

fuckplaneoq
May 27, 2004

from the rough we get par
Soiled Meat

Dejan Bimble posted:

Probably my favorite band or guy is Silver Jews.

This is a good opinion. All my favourite singers couldn't sing

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Inside Outside posted:

which NBA player is in The Armed?

I don’t know what the Armed is but I’m going to guess Ja Morant

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUz9xCTOPRw

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Today at work I have been listening to Paul McCartney, Danny Brown, Wet Leg and The Human League. If you want any tips on being cool just ask.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

WhyteRyce posted:

Why is no one a lostprophets fan….ohhhhhhhhhh noooooooo

Paedos innit

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I only listen to field recordings and drone music

Do I have a podcast for you!

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

You can keep your "rap"

https://youtu.be/XCqZQUhBBHw

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Rick posted:

Do I have a podcast for you!

Lmao

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

:piss:

Marklar fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Aug 9, 2023

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

It’s “holy poo poo badass” which is funnier!!!

kingcobweb posted:

Incredible band that will be ruined forever if you imagine it’s Adam Sandler doing his voice from the Hanukkah Song

https://youtu.be/1w9iv7RcmPM
Galaxie 500 rules and so does Dean wareham’s next band Luna (bewitched is their best imo) AND the other two members of galaxie 500 got married and record as Damon and Naomi and they’re good too, their compilation The Subpop Years is a really good sample

I actually listened to Luna for a few years before I first heard Galaxie 500 somehow. Also Damon one time wrote a viral blog about the shifty deal artists get from Spotify 👍

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Aug 9, 2023

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Galaxie 500 are the only band who've ever covered Joy Division and not hosed it up.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

verbal enema posted:

I listen to a lot of extreme "core" music

Speed, Terror, Hate, Splitter, Extratone

I also listen to cher and Taylor Dayn

And tons of ICP and Esham

Toss in some John Prine and japanese taiko drum music too

On and Islamic nasheeds

Which NBA player is or used to be a Juggalo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Which NBA player is or used to be a Juggalo?

Tyler herro