Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Perestroika posted:

Fun bit in Baldur's Gate 3: Every character has the ability to throw objects in the game world. Mostly this is used for stuff like throwing bombs or potions, and occasionally for interacting with the game world like triggering a trap with a rock or something. However, I recently noticed that if you're fighting something smaller than yourself such as goblins, you can absolutely pick up a guy (or his body) and throw him at another guy. :allears:

https://i.imgur.com/XsBsa50.mp4

If you’re playing as a Halfling or Gnome then a Barbarian can throw YOU, which resulted in an awesome encounter where I had Karlach yeet my Bard up to a platform and thunderwaved the enemy archers off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Very sad the xbone version of bg3 won't come out until some time next year :saddowns:

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Biplane posted:

Very sad the xbone version of bg3 won't come out until some time next year :saddowns:

drat, I thought it was bad that I had to wait until the end of the month. Did Sony get some sort of weird partial exclusive deal or something?

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Crowetron posted:

drat, I thought it was bad that I had to wait until the end of the month. Did Sony get some sort of weird partial exclusive deal or something?

No, Microsoft insists on feature parity between the Series X and S and Larian is having trouble getting couch co-op working well on the S

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Crowetron posted:

No, they said technical issues are causing problems. I've heard people theorize it's something with the X/S split but that may just be people talking out of their rear end.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Oh, that's a bummer, but then again I understand wanting the co-op features to work smoothly in a Larian game where that's like at least half the appeal.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Wintermutant posted:

No, Microsoft insists on feature parity between the Series X and S and Larian is having trouble getting couch co-op working well on the S

This game has loving couch co-op?! Not that I'll use it but drat that is cool.

I hope the game is good on PS5. May not play it until next year but as much as they have optimized controls for controllers I am skeptical because it's the kind of game that screams for mouse & keyboard.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Does BG3 have local coop like the Divinty series?

I suppose I could have read a few more posts...

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

tbf couch coop sucked in Divinity

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I don't have any friends Larian, let me play it alone on my xbox :(

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

madeintaipei posted:

The Mad Max game is full of little things, especially if you grab the collectibles. They're all pretty horrid, but I have a favorite:

The only canned food left from the Old World is dog food...

...because they ate all the dogs, so there was nothing to eat their food.

While cannibalism is hugely frowned upon in the game's world, the main food/healing item is maggots. Where do the maggots come from, you ask?

Well, sometimes you find rotting human corpses in the wild and... Max holds his nose and digs in.

One of the safe house upgrades are maggot farms. It's not just implied that they collect bodies to fuel the flies, there are body parts just kinda laying around close to the tupperware totes full of rotting people-meat.

In a very morbid way, Max going ham on Warboys and Scavs puts food on the table.
In one mission you have to find saltpeter in order to make gunpowder. Guess what's a great source for saltpeter? rotting human corpses!

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Man, I don't know what all the fuss is about, it sounds like the Mad Max timeline has poo poo figured out fairly well! Is there anything a human-corpse based society can't do?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Randalor posted:

Man, I don't know what all the fuss is about, it sounds like the Mad Max timeline has poo poo figured out fairly well! Is there anything a human-corpse based society can't do?

A thriving sex trade, obviously.

*an aide whispers in my ear*

Oh come on, that's just filthy!

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Australia changes to skull-based economy.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Marcade posted:

Australia changes to skull-based economy.

they're a (former?) british colony so that's been the norm for a while

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

bawk posted:

they're a (former?) british colony so that's been the norm for a while

Same monarch, same country.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

credburn posted:

I had no idea :O

Is it for PC?? I must go check.

edit: as of 2016, "hopefully soon!"

Clone Hero hit 1.0 not long ago and has you covered if you’re OK with vocals and keyboards getting skipped over. (And you can still turn the vocal volume to zero for a decent karaoke mode, it’ll show lyrics if the song has them.) Full song packs for Rock Band 1-3 and all the DLC are super easy to find nowadays too.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

BG3

I just walked in on a bugbear and an ogre loving. Never expected that.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Marcade posted:

BG3

Same but I wasn't playing BG3, I went into my parents' room.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

e: nvm

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Lobok posted:

Same but I wasn't playing BG3, I went into my parents' room.

tell your mum hi from me

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

thatbastardken posted:

tell your mum hi from me

hey

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Marcade posted:

BG3

If you play a barbarian you can win a roll and laugh at them so hard they leave in shame

Goty, easily

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Baldur's Gate 3 is so full of these fun little interactions, and the fact that they're tied to Inspiration (A bonus reroll) based on your character's background and goals is amazing.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

:wink:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Vic posted:

Baldur's Gate 3 is so full of these fun little interactions, and the fact that they're tied to Inspiration (A bonus reroll) based on your character's background and goals is amazing.

I actually lol'd when I descended into the Underdark and it turns out that you can get a unique Inspiration from Karlach because she's a mushroom enthusiast and enjoys it when you blow them up.

Speaking of Karlach, she counts as a PYF Little Thing all on her own. Only had her in my party for a few hours but she's already in the running for top 10 party members of all time. :allears:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

A fun little video gamey thing you can do during most BG3 cutscenes is use the attack command at any point to initiate battle. The characters will be roughly in the same location as they are in the scene, which you can use strategically to isolate bad guys while they’re off villain monologuing.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

exquisite tea posted:

A fun little video gamey thing you can do during most BG3 cutscenes is use the attack command at any point to initiate battle. The characters will be roughly in the same location as they are in the scene, which you can use strategically to isolate bad guys while they’re off villain monologuing.

you can also stall some guy by talking to him while your party members sneak around and pickpocket them, or cast fireball. It really is "can I do this" the video game. (The answer is most likely yes)

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
A BG3 pro strat: Cover the room in grease, jump up on the rafters and drop a lit torch.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

this is actually a pro strat irl, as well

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

this is actually a pro strat irl, as well

heating up baby oil with a cantrip so I can call out the half-orc in the yard

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I don't know if this thread is the right place for this since the game isn't out yet but I just discovered this and omfg:

quote:

BOOK OF HOURS is an elegant, melancholy, combat-free RPG set in an occult library, from the creator of Fallen London, Sunless Sea and the double BAFTA-nominated Cultist Simulator

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1028310/BOOK_OF_HOURS/

It's cool that they made a game specifically just for me

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

now to take a big swig of coffee and google "alexis kennedy allegations"

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Vic posted:

A BG3 pro strat: Cover the room in grease, jump up on the rafters and drop a lit torch. taunt your enemies and introduce them to the OILDOME

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

^^ Hell yeah:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot2RkUSRjmg

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

now to take a big swig of coffee and google "alexis kennedy allegations"

God drat it

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Biplane posted:

God drat it

have no heroes

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
or at least don't have one that makes cultist simulator look like nonfiction in retrospect

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Yes, I am a middle-aged child

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

New tech for the Harlan DLC in Street Fighter 6