Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about the letter C?
Despise it.
Loathe it.
Hate it.
Ed Boon's parents were killed by the letter C section of a library and I personally, will not stand for this.
View Results

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
Didn't Rain also make the mistake of giving Shao Kahn bad news in Annihilation, causing him to be hammered into a conveniently placed fire pit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Gavok posted:

Kintaro: Is barely a character and never did anything of note other than fry Kabal alive.

He tried copying Goro's trick if ripping off Jax's arms after Jax had gotten his cyber arms.
It went about as well as a Hollywood sequel that is just the first movie again.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Where does Sonya trusting/not recognizing Kano kome from?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

All joking aside, I do not think that Liu Kang will be a secret villain in that he would be resetting every time things go terribly.

But I do think that he will be tempted to once things really start to go to poo poo. And I think there will be a story mode fight or two where someone (Raiden, for maximum irony) will need to try to stop him from turning out the lights and convince him give the world a fighting chance to exist.

I think the eventual plot outcome is going to be 'there shouldn't be any all powerful gods controlling the fate of men at all. Everything should be decided by mortals
.. through MORTAL KOMBAT'

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

I'm looking forward to MK1 but it's gonna be hard not to be disappointed by the fact that in this new game Shang Tsung won't be portrayed by Cary Hiroyuki Tagawa who absolutely killed it when reprising the role for MK11.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Dawgstar posted:

Where does Sonya trusting/not recognizing Kano kome from?

MK9. Sonya explains to Johnny that for years they were trying to track down the Black Dragon and Kano was their informant. Despite losing a crazy amount of soldiers to ambushes, it took a while to realize that Kano was playing them and was actually the group's leader.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
make the fuckin mortal kombat yakuza Ed

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

John Romero posted:

make the fuckin mortal kombat yakuza Ed

Only if we get Smoke Missions. And only if Smoke actually says the name when giving you them. :colbert:

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

The Question IRL posted:

He tried copying Goro's trick if ripping off Jax's arms after Jax had gotten his cyber arms.
It went about as well as a Hollywood sequel that is just the first movie again.

That was Motaro, you fool! *uppercuts you into the big acid pit that's just like in a hallway for some reason*

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Tig Motaro

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Jamesman posted:

I'm gonna miss Erron Black. He woulda ruled in the new timeline.

same but NRS proved they were incapable of animating a gunslinger or have his best moves be anything other than a flop dropkick or "using the butt of the gun"

Geras and Torr (assuming he is a Kameo as people have said) are cool picks for returning X/11 people.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Motaro deez nuts :ocelot: :grin:

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I'm waiting to see the actual story of MK1 before I decide how much of a screw-up Liu Kang is now. It does at least look like he voluntarily put Geras in charge of the Hourglass. Liu Kang may not have the ability to casually fix all his problems with time travel, Barry Allen style.

The leaked story mode footage from SDCC has Liu Kang mention that Shao's coup against Outworld is the result of Shang Tsung's manipulation, which fits with the early theory that a lot of what's going wrong is down to Shang Tsung attacking the New Era from the outside.

I'd also note that for all his reputation as a complete gently caress-up, the only reason why Raiden didn't hit 100% victory conditions in MKX was Scorpion going on a revenge bender.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I read this in Shao Kahns voice.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Crowetron posted:

That was Motaro, you fool! *uppercuts you into the big acid pit that's just like in a hallway for some reason*

(Comes back for round 2.)

Oh yeah check this out!

(Does YouTube-ality. Also content warning it be gorery. But what else did you expect in the Mortal Kombat thread.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ysGkz4htJs

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

aw man, I forgot they kept making movies after Annihilation

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I’m just waiting on the Mortal Kombat Annihilation/Alex Garland Annihilation crossover tbh

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

henkman posted:

Tig Motaro

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

having an acid flashback to egm or game informer having a picture of li mei in a preview with the caption “those buggers have to fall out at some point”

it would be so cool if I was dead instead of having a brain that retains that information for 20 years

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I just saw someone refer to Johnny Cage as Kenshi's seeing-eye himbo and now I'm kinda excited for this game?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

John Romero posted:

having an acid flashback to egm or game informer having a picture of li mei in a preview with the caption “those buggers have to fall out at some point”

it would be so cool if I was dead instead of having a brain that retains that information for 20 years

lmao

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

An image of the back of the Brazilian box art for MK1 has been released. The interesting thing is how there's a single-player mode called Invasion. "Travel through the realms of Mortal Kombat facing invasions of each season in an all new single player experience."

Hopefully we get some kind of explanation on Thursday's Kombat Kast.

Orv
May 4, 2011
The success of World Tour would certainly make now the time to bring back Konquest in some form or another.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

For all my apathy to kameos as a game mechanic (no shade to those who like assist fighters, just not my thing) I’m super happy for that Reptile redesign and I’m sure I’ll end up picking this up for a bit regardless.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

Gavok posted:

An image of the back of the Brazilian box art for MK1 has been released. The interesting thing is how there's a single-player mode called Invasion. "Travel through the realms of Mortal Kombat facing invasions of each season in an all new single player experience."

Hopefully we get some kind of explanation on Thursday's Kombat Kast.

what is this a drat dark souls

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Or a rework/opening up of Mythologies.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://twitter.com/MortalKombat/status/1689667045879914496?s=20

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVPkIQdrxSE

ketchup and mustard got some video capture time w/ the game at evo. there's a lot of cool things about this video but the coolest has to be the clicking noise playing throughout. this is an option in the game where it'll play a clicking noise faster or slower depending on how close or far you are from your opponent. this is for visually impaired gamers who need an audio cue to help with footsies

idk about you but i think that's really sick

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah SF6's audio-based accessibility settings were really good, the closer NRS copies them the better

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
d'vorah has never hosed up and has been a sicko bug lady

Orv
May 4, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

d'vorah has never hosed up and has been a sicko bug lady

She chose to work for the King of Jobbers

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
D'vorah is the best NRS-era character, hands down. I can only hope to see her again.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Smoking Crow posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVPkIQdrxSE

ketchup and mustard got some video capture time w/ the game at evo. there's a lot of cool things about this video but the coolest has to be the clicking noise playing throughout. this is an option in the game where it'll play a clicking noise faster or slower depending on how close or far you are from your opponent. this is for visually impaired gamers who need an audio cue to help with footsies

idk about you but i think that's really sick

That reminds me of the blind guy who was able to play MKX very competently just by the sounds alone. Respect.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Mr. Neutron posted:

That reminds me of the blind guy who was able to play MKX very competently just by the sounds alone. Respect.

Ya, he was on the base roster for MKX and he's making a return in MK1.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

AndyElusive posted:

Ya, he was on the base roster for MKX and he's making a return in MK1.

lol

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUtDb-blEMQ

dread head killer like cyrax

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Today's Kombat Kast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI-EaRheZsg

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007