Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Digital Jedi posted:

To save anyone from going to his twitter page
Alex is going behind Crowder's paywall so I do wonder if KF covers it.

Oh Lord I’m watching this full video on crowder’s twitter now this is verrrry drunk Alex.
E: No probably just uppers I reacted to his face being so red and his speech at first but it’s definitely an uppers Alex deal

0konner fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Aug 9, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Looks like Alex will be one step closer to being free of Info Wars if this takes off for him

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

It won't, Crowder's numbers are cratering and I'd be legit shocked if Alex's fanbase made the transition to paywalled content.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Yeah, this is just more 'Not waving but drowning' from Alex.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Like 12 minutes of insufferable reality tv talk up top today.

Mr Lanternfly
Jun 26, 2023
Maybe this was covered in a KF episode but... How is Alex allowed to work behind a paywall for another garbage platform after losing the lawsuits? Surely Crowder can't pocket profit from hosting him, any and all money should go to the Sandy Hook families.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

It's the "LL" in the "LLC" bit.

Alex's companies are liable, not Alex himself directly.

I'm sure there will be more court time devoted to his weaseling.

stringless fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Aug 9, 2023

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

But he is personally liable as well though?

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Yes, he and his companies were found to be one and the same in terms of liability. Crowder can make money off of an Alex Jones show, but any share Alex Jones gets of that will be subject to the same garnishment, seizure, etc. as the rest of his assets.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
Again, the ball is in the bankruptcy court's... erm, court.

The thing is, if Alex was doing this to gain a new source of long-term revenue, the court might actually allow him to go through with it in the hopes they can collect from it. The problem is that assumes Alex to be a good-faith player in the process, and Alex can't not be a sneaky snake. He views the bankruptcy process only as a means to stiff the Sandy Hook families, not as something he would have actual responsibilities to.

The possibility that none of this is above board is essentially guaranteed. It's just a question of when we find that put.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Yeah, the other parties must be desperate at this point, if they're willing to group up with Alex.

A man who is in the habit of commiting massive and financially disastrous libel.

And has an unresolved ongoing bankruptcy that's liable to lead to all sorts of legal shananigans for them to get sucked in.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Yep, I was just assuming from the very moment it was announced that being on Crowder's show/in his studio was just a way for Jones to launder money away from his bankruptcies, and because Crowder is desperate after all the abuse he leveled on all his staff and anyone else in his life.

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Aug 9, 2023

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Morroque posted:

Again, the ball is in the bankruptcy court's... erm, court.

The thing is, if Alex was doing this to gain a new source of long-term revenue, the court might actually allow him to go through with it in the hopes they can collect from it. The problem is that assumes Alex to be a good-faith player in the process, and Alex can't not be a sneaky snake. He views the bankruptcy process only as a means to stiff the Sandy Hook families, not as something he would have actual responsibilities to.

The possibility that none of this is above board is essentially guaranteed. It's just a question of when we find that put.

Yeah, I think Dan even brought it up before that there can be a perverse issue where the court wants Alex to find more work and keep going since he needs to earn money for them to garnish. You can't really get a court judgment for "I want you to gently caress off." If it's just a regular salaried position then there's not much to do other than garnish the wages.

But given how things have gone so far, there's a non-zero chance that they didn't actually hire Jones but instead contracted with a brand new Alex Jones media company for a new show in a way that will spectacularly fall apart in 3 to 6 months.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Mercury_Storm posted:

On the contrary, the episode covering Alex's supercomputer that develops silicon beings to replace biological life was pretty funny, and made me think that he was referencing the plot to Chrono Cross or something lol. I'd be way more likely to listen to that as opposed to Tucker screaming about Ukraine or whatever.

Which ep is this? Didn't see anything like this in a description.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Can’t wait for it to come out in bankruptcy court that Alex asked to be paid in bitcoin.

And Dan’s right, the eventual crowder/jones fallout will be incredible.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Shageletic posted:

Which ep is this? Didn't see anything like this in a description.

It's #832: July 26, 2023, but yeah I'd agree that the latest one with the Q-Shaman was insufferable, mainly because Alex just let the guy keep talking and occasionally piped in with some incomprehensible upper-fueled bullshit of his own.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
There's simply no excuse to me. You have to be dumber than dogshit and actively looking to make yourself stupider to believe weirdos like the Qanon shaman and their word vomit. Vibrations in reality are feeding us to the evil mark on Saturn? The gently caress?

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
They're all insufferable eps, Bront.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

bird food bathtub posted:

There's simply no excuse to me. You have to be dumber than dogshit and actively looking to make yourself stupider to believe weirdos like the Qanon shaman and their word vomit. Vibrations in reality are feeding us to the evil mark on Saturn? The gently caress?

I've taken hallucinogens a buncha times, esp in the vulnerable years Dan sort of alluded to and read enough poetry and philosophy to basically get what he was saying... Or trying to say. But like. It's still wrong and dumb.

I think the whole leyline and rice analogy is interesting. We're all rice grains bouncing and aligning to the fundamental frequencies on the plate that is existence. It kind of eliminates free will though...

Causality and coincidence make certain places important. Planets come to be because of some strange cosmic whirlpools. It's all fractals maaaan and our reality is just one version of the formula and changing the exponents and coefficients has chaotic repercussions. The leyline problem is a chicken and egg one... Was Paris founded on the Seine because of cosmic determinism or was it just practical and became seemingly cosmically important after the fact. Maybe fate and frequencies made the earth and Europe and the Seine form in a certain way and we truth channeling humans are uniquely able to tap into that fateful construction.

In the end, even we are just part of the resonance pattern.

*passes blunt*

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

bird food bathtub posted:

That’s literally medieval astrology. For example, Mars is hot and dry, so if you are born under Mars in the zodiac, you will be an aggressive person. You got hit by Mars waves while born.

I just did a little TurboNerd jaunt into the history of science and the pre-Socratic natural philosophers, and Alex and his ilk make a little bit more sense to me, now.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
I remember last time the Q-Shaman was on and Jones kept putting stuff down for him and he refused to pick it up like:

-Tell the audience how Pelosi personally led you into certain hallways

-What the gently caress you talking about? We kicked rear end on the 6th and it was all us, not an antifa in sight.

Now he fully understands the "Vibe" of conspiracy talk shows, where the host speaks their bullshit, you nod, then you speak your bullshit and they nod. Plug your book/project, shake hands, rinse repeat as necessary.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Marsupial Ape posted:

That’s literally medieval astrology. For example, Mars is hot and dry, so if you are born under Mars in the zodiac, you will be an aggressive person. You got hit by Mars waves while born.

I just did a little TurboNerd jaunt into the history of science and the pre-Socratic natural philosophers, and Alex and his ilk make a little bit more sense to me, now.

As opposed to modern astrology which has a perfectly reasonable explanation for how celestial bodies mold our personalities.

Ogma
Jun 6, 2003

Let the festivities commence!

Xiahou Dun posted:

As opposed to modern astrology which has a perfectly reasonable explanation for how celestial bodies mold our personalities.

Uh, yeah. The reptilians personally meddle in every human's genes, and THEY'RE susceptible to Mars rays.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Xiahou Dun posted:

Hey, at least they could keep a calendar with that poo poo. There’s a whole ‘saving the phenomenon thing’ I won’t bore you with. Newton refused to believe the moon controlled the tides because only astrologers believed the heavenly bodies effected things on earth. So many weird recursive ironies.

Anyway, point being, I’m not trying to condone or negate Alex’s dipshittery, I’m saying he has a real Iron Age idea of how the world works, be it from upbringing or mental illness. Everything around him has hidden meaning and intent and it scares the hell out of him.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

I like how during the most recent ep they just skipped past dancing around the issue and said he was clearly on coke during his announcement. They never focused on it but I heard so many hard fast sniffs during the middle of his run on bullshit.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

ILL Machina posted:

I've taken hallucinogens a buncha times, esp in the vulnerable years Dan sort of alluded to and read enough poetry and philosophy to basically get what he was saying... Or trying to say. But like. It's still wrong and dumb.

I think the whole leyline and rice analogy is interesting. We're all rice grains bouncing and aligning to the fundamental frequencies on the plate that is existence. It kind of eliminates free will though...

Causality and coincidence make certain places important. Planets come to be because of some strange cosmic whirlpools. It's all fractals maaaan and our reality is just one version of the formula and changing the exponents and coefficients has chaotic repercussions. The leyline problem is a chicken and egg one... Was Paris founded on the Seine because of cosmic determinism or was it just practical and became seemingly cosmically important after the fact. Maybe fate and frequencies made the earth and Europe and the Seine form in a certain way and we truth channeling humans are uniquely able to tap into that fateful construction.

In the end, even we are just part of the resonance pattern.

*passes blunt*
It all reminds me a lot of the Cringe Corner episode about noted piece of poo poo Martin Ball. The man took a bunch of mind-bending hallucinogens and had a powerful, life-changing moment of ego death. Rather than coming away from that experience humbled ("I felt like I was one with all things, and I use that to try to be more sympathetic towards the thoughts and feelings of others"), he came away thinking he was the main character of reality ("I felt like I was one with all things, and that's because I'm special and God speaks to and through me").

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Yeah there's a moment where you might think you know everything in the universe, or at least more than anyone else who isnt tripping. The reducing valve has opened. Smart people realize that's ego creeping back in and laugh like an insane person at the absurdity. People who can't recognize or escape their own ego start religions around it and start writing manifestos.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Lowkey I'm hoping that Crowder made Alex sign that sexual harassment NDA

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Wanna see the war that ensues when alex and crowder wind up sack tapping one another

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Such a great poster and boy do those names make me wish I could attend!

And I had to just for this category for the awards. Such a Prestigious list of people

Apparently #6 won according to a single tweet I saw

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Aug 14, 2023

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

rotinaj posted:

Wanna see the war that ensues when alex and crowder wind up sack tapping one another

You know they'd retaliatory escalate back and forth from 'tap' to 'Full power kick'.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Deptfordx posted:

You know they'd retaliatory escalate back and forth from 'tap' to 'Full power kick'.

I do believe I did use the word “war”

By the end of it, it’ll just be the two of them lying on the ground, punching one another in the dick as hard as they can like that early ufc fight with joe son, the dude who was in austin powers

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Deptfordx posted:

I don't believe they would, and my estimation is Alex at least is the guy who talks a big game but who'll then shrink when the moment comes. He'll scream and shout and make a spectacle of wanting a drag out fight, but always find some excuse to never actually do anything notable. I don't know enough about Crowder to have any real opinion, but if he's like Alex then he's probably a blowhard with no actual interest in an actual physical confrontation either.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Steven Crowder is a failed theater kid who wears toxic masculinity like an ill-fitting costume.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Lol the list of lawyers are also a list of lawyers currently facing prosecution, disbarment, and sanctions for their lawyering

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

tsob posted:

I don't believe they would, and my estimation is Alex at least is the guy who talks a big game but who'll then shrink when the moment comes. He'll scream and shout and make a spectacle of wanting a drag out fight, but always find some excuse to never actually do anything notable. I don't know enough about Crowder to have any real opinion, but if he's like Alex then he's probably a blowhard with no actual interest in an actual physical confrontation either.

Sure but sack tapping isn’t a fight, it’s the perfect way for a douchey dude to walk by someone and try to show their toxic masculinity by slapping someone in the nuts, then run away giggling

That’s like tailor made for alex and steven’s 13 year old bully mentality

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

rotinaj posted:

Sure but sack tapping isn’t a fight, it’s the perfect way for a douchey dude to walk by someone and try to show their toxic masculinity by slapping someone in the nuts, then run away giggling

That’s like tailor made for alex and steven’s 13 year old bully mentality

Sure, but it's not going to result in Alex punching someone in the dick unless he can be assured he isn't going to get the escalation in return. So I can't see it escalating beyond taps.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

tsob posted:

Sure, but it's not going to result in Alex punching someone in the dick unless he can be assured he isn't going to get the escalation in return. So I can't see it escalating beyond taps.

You have your hope, i have mine

I desperately hope crowder sees slappin’ alex in the balls as the ultimate prize and it somehow gets documented

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

rotinaj posted:

You have your hope, i have mine

I desperately hope crowder sees slappin’ alex in the balls as the ultimate prize and it somehow gets documented

I hope they kiss with tongue and fall in love and then get confused and embarrassed when they both want to be the domineering abuser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Getting to the end of the most recent episode, yeah, Nigerian scam emails were also commonly known as 419 scams, because that's the section of Nigerian Criminal Code that covered it.

There were plenty of other similar scams, but if it was claiming to be from Nigeria or requesting things be sent to Nigeria, yeah, it was from Nigeria.