Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Oh that is so much worse than I thought. He looks like a child dressed up in a costume his parents bought a size up so he could grow into it. I don't think there's a person on earth who could resist calling him little sailor man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
that man is a father

little sailor dad

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Today's episode was the best in a long while

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Pretty refreshing to hear them make some mean jokes. Their whole run about Ted Cruz a while back had that same spirit.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I wouldn't mind if Issac the Tiny Chocolateer took down Count Donut. The Counts time has come and gone

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
How many hundred people do you think have sent this to Justin?

https://twitter.com/kfc_canada/status/1684595152709373952?s=46&t=dQl6Iu6Wmq7antcZ30Prgw

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Brands are more memeable than ever!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En2My5H2gHE

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
lmao

https://twitter.com/JordanJesseGo/status/1687197091226124288?s=20

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Yikes on several bikes! Oofta-doofta!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Never listened to JJGO before but :lmao: definitely going to check this one out. What are the odds?

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Ariong posted:

Never listened to JJGO before but :lmao: definitely going to check this one out. What are the odds?
as a regular JJGO listener I don't think this is the strongest ep but it's amusing just how thoroughly they keep bringing her up

like "Lizzo" might be said in this episode more times than the previous 800 episodes combined

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Nice of the boys to take Dave Matthews to task for the poop boat incident.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

RandomPauI posted:

I wouldn't mind if Issac the Tiny Chocolateer took down Count Donut. The Counts time has come and gone

Finally, the true baked goods vampire can rise: Donut Dracula

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I just realized that if the strike is not resolved by November that the boys could be freed from the Death Blart curse.

https://www.sagaftrastrike.org/podcaster-faqs

quote:

What kind of podcast work is NOT allowed during the strike?

Hosts: If you are under contract, you should honor your contract. If you self-produce your podcast, do not promote struck work - past, current, or upcoming - as part of your podcast.

What about “rewatch” or “companion” podcasts relating to struck work? Are they considered promotional?

Yes, these podcasts are considered promotional. Rewatch and companion shows may drive listeners to find and watch the shows promoted by your podcast.

What movies and shows are struck and should not be promoted?

Any show or film, past, current, or upcoming, that was or would have been covered by our
TV/Theatrical Agreements is considered struck work, unless that project appears on our Interim
Agreement list. This includes classic movies and shows.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Zero One posted:

I just realized that if the strike is not resolved by November that the boys could be freed from the Death Blart curse.

https://www.sagaftrastrike.org/podcaster-faqs

it would be significantly more hypocritical of them to cross the line than to put the podcast on hold

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

they must do it offline, unrecorded
the lost blart.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

the episode where they only use pirated copies and never mention the name of the movie or where you can see it

the fans need to lobby SAGAFTRA now for special permission for the boys so they can't escape. there must be no respite

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

A rare funny Munch Squad. gently caress you, Taco Bell!

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Sankis posted:

the episode where they only use pirated copies and never mention the name of the movie or where you can see it

This is a good idea from a humor perspective.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Sankis posted:

the fans need to lobby SAGAFTRA now for special permission for the boys so they can't escape. there must be no respite

:agreed: 100%

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Would having their respective wives do it this year count as hiring scabs?

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Warbird posted:

Would having their respective wives do it this year count as hiring scabs?

yes. all the clever tricks to cross a picket line while saying "I'm not touching you! I'm not touching you!" count as crossing a picket line

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
It should just be them taking turns at reading whatever the most recent terms presented by the WGA and SAG are at the time, as well as the specific rejections by AMPTP. Just marveling at the "we will not agree to pay you on time, and increasing penalties on us will not change that". Then they can record the proper Death Blart 23 after the strike is over, even if that means they have to do it twice in 2024.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What if they watched a recording of a play performance of Paul Blart?

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
surely how these five dorks choose to approach their movie torture podcast will have an appreciable effect on the strike

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Sivart13 posted:

surely how these five dorks choose to approach their movie torture podcast will have an appreciable effect on the strike

respecting a picket line is about principle more than direct effect. don't be a scab

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
I'm giving them permission to do the podcast

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

more falafel please posted:

respecting a picket line is about principle more than direct effect. don't be a scab

i think the point is more that you're being weirdly serious about people joking in this thread.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Pladdicus posted:

they must do it offline, unrecorded
the lost blart.

Sankis posted:

They should do both of these, but record it and just not release it until the strike is over.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm going to razz them as the worlds biggest cowards whatever they choose

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Bip Roberts posted:

I'm going to razz them as the worlds biggest cowards whatever they choose

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Subjecting themselves to watching the movie again and then recording the episode but never releasing it is the funniest option.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
I would say they should have to watch it twice in a row next year to make up, but then I remember some of them have already done that of their own volition.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

They should relisten to every episode of death blart and review that, talking only about each other's delivery and saying nothing about the content

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Free Maurice!

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Zero One posted:

Free Buckley!

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Ben's question on this week's episode is an all-timer. Absolute masterclass in storytelling.

Chieves fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Aug 18, 2023

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I'm looking forward to next year's San Diego show!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

He never said how far a trip it was to the grand canyon, but from the rest of the information that came out, I assume it's walking distance