Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

holtemon posted:

Lol I can't get over how stupid the CybrTrk looks next to real truck

500 kills in call of duty-rear end paintjob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

pixaal posted:

I bet it at least saves what you selected so it can tell you when you go to change it later.

Wasn’t there a recurring issue with the advertisers portal site not loading? I’m feeling safe in assuming it doesn’t even save.

Tbh I think Elon’s the sort of guy who sees the website front end “done” in the loosest sense and goes “yup put it on prod”

Edit: oh he’ll be like an old manager I had, he’ll bully everyone to put it on prod since he thinks it’ll make him look good, despite everyone saying it’s not done, then it doesn’t work and he lambasts everyone for poor coding and threatens their performance review in a big rant

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
doesnt camo only work for "normal" shaped cars, and not a thing with simple obvious boxy angles?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

PhazonLink posted:

doesnt camo only work for "normal" shaped cars, and not a thing with simple obvious boxy angles?

More importantly it also doesn't work when the truck's been seen and photographed unpained before

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

PhazonLink posted:

That's why the camo is also made of boxy angles, duh!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Linda, what exactly would you say you do at Twitter?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

PiaXXa

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer
eXistenz

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
xXx: State of the Union

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Dewgy posted:

500 kills in call of duty-rear end paintjob

lmao

More like a freebie for logging in 4 days in a row

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
birdsite has a NYC building?

(or do they plan to buy office space during what may or may not be a crash)

Lord Harbor
Apr 17, 2005
Bruce Campbell: You've stolen my heart, but you'll never take my freedom
Nap Ghost

cumpantry posted:

this stupid motherfucker 100% doesnt know who tom bombadil is

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

maybealabia posted:

Tom's bombad dilz

Tom Bomba-deez-nuts.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

kazil posted:

She talks to the CTO so that no one else has to

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
she's suppose to be the token FEMALE thats the captain during the glass cliff fall, but everyone knows Musk is the leader.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

PhazonLink posted:

Twitter definitely did spend money like drunken sailors, on the level of google/meta despite being unprofitable. Cutting costs was going to have to happen sooner or later (probably sooner) just elon did it the dumbest, most cruel way possible.

Also lol that $700/meal thing.. Most likely they kept the catering staff on when nobody was in the office so the average cost during the worst parts of the pandemic got blown way out. But then of course elon did the stupidest, nastiest possible thing and just sold all the equipment for literal pennies on the dollar.

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI

PhazonLink posted:

Yeah I have a vague memory of walking past it a couple years ago and someone had chained themselves to the building in some protest or other. But not actually blocking the door, so they were just yelling at people walking by who were ignoring them.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Special counsel obtained search warrant for Donald Trump’s Twitter account

quote:

Twitter’s initial resistance to complying with the warrant resulted in a federal judge holding the company in contempt and levying a $350,000 fine.

Looking forward to the eventual X File on this one

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

RDM posted:

Yeah I have a vague memory of walking past it a couple years ago and someone had chained themselves to the building in some protest or other. But not actually blocking the door, so they were just yelling at people walking by who were ignoring them.

Ah the ol Laura Loomer Twitter "protest".

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Oh Linda Linda Linda lol

Does she not use this site at all? Does she really not see the stupid poo poo Elon does every day?

I love how she just posts through it oblivious to it all

Anyway how about xHub for the name or maybe xXxHub cause more Xs means it's cooler

holtemon fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Aug 9, 2023

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

That movie was creepy/sick as heck.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

holtemon posted:

Oh Linda Linda Linda lol

Does she not use this site at all? Does she really not see the stupid poo poo Elon does every day?

I love how she just posts through it oblivious to it all

she doesn't write these posts anyway - it's some intern with chatgpt on main all day

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer

redshirt posted:

That movie was creepy/sick as heck.

Yeah it owns, underappreciated Cronenberg flick.

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

What if Elon's really just been a sad little man sitting in a McDonalds playplace with a briefcase full of hundos this entire time? :thunk:

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

lol at having to select "conservative" to opt out of hate speech

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Not buying ads = censoring my platform!!!

I scream into the void somewhere between my 10th candy bar and 5th line

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

quote:

Grimes says her 3-year-old son with Elon Musk no longer plays with toy rockets because he gets upset if they're not 'anatomically correct'

https://www.businessinsider.com/grimes-elon-musk-son-gets-upset-toy-rockets-not-correct-2023-8?utm_source=reddit.com

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Grimes previously tweeted that their son gets frustrated when playing with toy rockets. "'Fuckin rocket is too fuckin heavy' – my 2 ur old son after his toy rocket failed to reach orbit," she said.

What

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

kazil posted:

AuXwitz

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Buce posted:

AuXwitz

Hahaha work earns you freedom amiright guys?

Amiright?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

quote:

In a wide-ranging interview with Wired's Steven Levy, the Canadian singer said the former couple's son often attends SpaceX business meetings with his father because he's obsessed with space and rockets.

Lol, I'm sure absolutely nobody is annoyed by that

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Profanity posted:

Yeah it owns, underappreciated Cronenberg flick.

:hmmyes:

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Captain Hygiene posted:

Lol, I'm sure absolutely nobody is annoyed by that

What are the odds that Musk allows his kid to contribute and nods contemplatively at his suggestions?

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Hahaha work earns you freedom amiright guys?

Amiright?

obligatory, but tired username/post combo :rimshot:

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

quote:

Grimes, whose given name is Claire Boucher, also said that when SpaceX's massive Starship rocket exploded after its test launch in April, X had a "three-day PTSD meltdown."

"Every hour, he was waking up and going, 'Starship …' and I had to rub his back," she said.

lol sounds like quite the well-adjusted kid they’re raising.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

The Awesomesaurus posted:

lol sounds like quite the well-adjusted kid they’re raising.

This reeks of STDH.txt. I think Grimes tries to portray herself, Elon, and their kid in a certain way and is willing to stretch the truth quite a lot.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2u3dcH2VGM

Elon is murdering people.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

ryde posted:

This reeks of STDH.txt. I think Grimes tries to portray herself, Elon, and their kid in a certain way and is willing to stretch the truth quite a lot.

I can believe it as exaggerated retellings, my nephew was big into rockets and other vehicles around that age, and he'd get weirdly upset sometimes at things like a drawing of a rocket he liked not quite having correct details or something. Just weird little kid OCD stuff, nothing to do with whether he's a certified 3YO engineering genius or anything.

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

ryde posted:

Oh yeah, but it’s funny because the stuff they make up about him makes it sound like he’s going to grow up to be a serial killer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
the best kid stuff is both musk and grimes thinking their kid is soooo smart when he's just about equal or smarter than them.

also musk feeling the specter of death and now involving himself with this kid because the other 9 or so are lost causes to wokeness or whatever.