Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

A high school buddy of mine just left Maui for a job on Oahu a couple of weeks ago. His old apartment in Lahaina apparently just burned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’m blown away I only got it once. Granted that one time almost landed me in the ER but still

e: I mean I guess I could have had it and been asymptomatic but who knows

(knocking on seven different varieties of wood in a rhythmic pattern, loud enough to wake the neighbors) still dodging that first one here

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

GD_American posted:

(knocking on seven different varieties of wood in a rhythmic pattern, loud enough to wake the neighbors) still dodging that first one here

I'm at... 4 times, all of the 'oh I'm just sick for a few days' variety, but loving still.

Got it twice within 3 months over this past winter. After a booster.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Welp, I've started updating my resume. poo poo here is loving stupid.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

GD_American posted:

Same...

fartknocker posted:

Welp, I've started updating my resume. poo poo here is loving stupid.

Good luck, life's too short to deal with bullshit at work. I just had an interview for a job I really want and have a decent chance of getting can't let me get my hopes up because if I don't get it, I'll be stuck at my company full of bullshit.

gently caress the Cowboys.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
We had a place booked in Maui for this week but cancelled at the last minute since we could not justify the 4x price increase from when we went out in 2018.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/GamesRadar/status/1688965366620295180

finally I can play BG3

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

drat. My power just went out for the second time in five days.

At least this time it's a work day :v:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

You should, a few hours in I walked into a barn and interrupted a Bugbear rutting with an Ogre over the corpse of some dude.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
What awaited me at work…

…versus what I had for lunch.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

A donut on a salad is still a salad

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Android Apocalypse posted:

What awaited me at work…

…versus what I had for lunch.

That a boy

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

You don't win friends with salad

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Kalli posted:

A donut on a salad is still a salad

There are two apples on the table - that means the donuts have friends and friends go to parties together. Seems healthy, imho.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

GD_American posted:

Same, somehow, despite my husband having it three times. Guessing I’ve had at least had it once asymptomatic but who knows

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Plenty of colds from the kids but haven’t popped for Covid yet

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I've caught it once, at some point during either 20hrs of flights+layovers from Pittsburgh to Isle of Man or watching the TT the next day. Still wish I wouldn't have unmasked on the plane to eat, but hopefully that'll be the only time I catch it because I still cough stuff up almost every morning over a year later. :smith:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Life is too precious to sweat a donut. Enjoy life, eat a donut.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I had half of one of the blueberry muffins since a studio mate made it.

It was good. :unsmith:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

Life is too precious to sweat a donut. Enjoy life, eat a donut.

:goonsay:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

My work puts out muffins, grabbed one a few weeks back when I was last in the office, then halfway through I noticed it was labeled as being 650 calories.

It wasn't bad, just not 650 calories good.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

MrLogan posted:

Nerds don't like to hear that the last two GoT books were bad or that Wise Mans Fear was absolutely terrible; they've become invested. Same thing with Star Wars after the first two movies where good, then 12 bad movies in a row.

Here's hoping Scott Lynch can at least get out a good book for.

Good to know—I stopped after the third book when the show was beginning to decline. Figured I’d eventually finish it but then the show sucked out all desire. And now I don’t feel bad about not finishing at all!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pontius Pilate posted:

Good to know—I stopped after the third book when the show was beginning to decline. Figured I’d eventually finish it but then the show sucked out all desire. And now I don’t feel bad about not finishing at all!

There are good pieces of books 4 and 5, if you liked the earlier stuff it's just...they aren't really put together correctly (partially since they were supposed to be one book, partially because Martin lost his fastball I'm guessing). And Dany's storyline is mainly super boring and stupid in 5 until something happens, then goes right back to being miserable to read.

I'll read 6 if it ever comes out just because I'll read anything, but I'm not expecting much even if it does happen.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

drat straight!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Where my zero Covid goons at?

represent.

Kiimo: So what you're saying is, I'm indestructible!

Doctor: Oh, no, no, in fact, even a slight breeze could-

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I caught it once and was more miserable than I've been being sick I can ever remember. No idea how people can be delusional enough to call it just a cold/flu

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

kiimo posted:

represent.

No Covid for me, at least as far as I'm aware. I've gotten sick a few times where I swear I had it, but multiple tests have all been negative.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

kiimo posted:

represent.

Sup

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I've had it once. First two weeks of last November.

Ran a half marathon in January and still felt its effects. Most brutal half I've ever done.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I had it once and it was basically a normal cold for me so I'm lucky in that sense.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
When I caught it the first time, I had basically no regular cold symptoms, I just ached for like 4 days straight. It was like all my thoracic nerves were firing at the same time.

unfortunately it's pretty likely I caught it again at Evo last weekend in Vegas :smith:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Words cannot describe the feeling of taking off socks and shoes for the first time in 36 hours....

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
I got it for the first time in January. I was achy and sick for a couple days and then lost smell and taste for a week. The brain fog was real and I def feel there are moments of haze that I didn't have before that continue to today.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

kiimo posted:

represent.

same and i was even in the hospital for a couple days back in may and managed to avoid it.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Covid? More like NOvid!

Ol Rinaldo resists all forms of plague except a common cold which will devastate me and leave me bed ridden for days.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/Schwartzesque/status/1689372302188724224

everyone make a surprised face

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I got it for the first time earlier in the month.

Just a fever and a headache. Lungs / breathing stayed normal and don't appear impacted at all.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

First time was all fevers and aches and flu symptoms and fatigue that lasted about 10 days.

Second time was a headache and some brain fog and I just played diablo for 4 days and felt well enough to work out after 5 days.

I dont think the vaccines are keeping up with the mutations to make much difference at this point. Just gonna keep as healthy as I can and isolate if I pop a test.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

kiimo posted:

represent.

I either had the OG strain in Dec of 2019 before anyone knew what it was after a work christmas party brought people in from around the world and everyone was deathly sick for 6 weeks after - or have never had it. I'm 0-5 on tests.

I got vaccinated as soon as it was possible for people our age to lie on the CVS intake form to be accepted, and have gotten boosters every 6 months since then and have been out in bars/restaurants/events/movies/etc regularly since then, so I'm apparently also indestructible. :toot:
<dies horribly from sleeping wrong>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
The one time I definitely had it (Tested positive and everything) was about a year ago and it hosed me up for a week. I probably had it a year before around Thanksgiving 2021, but there weren't home tests around and trying to go to testing sites was insane, but I had all the symptoms on the mild side for a few days, with the linger effects in my chest for a while. There's also a decent change I had it very late 2019, before anyone knew what it was, which might have been some random bad cold bug but in retrospect everyone where I worked at the time was a bit curious.

EDIT:

Ether Frenzy posted:

I either had the OG strain in Dec of 2019 before anyone knew what it was after a work christmas party brought people in from around the world and everyone was deathly sick for 6 weeks after - or have never had it. I'm 0-5 on tests.

Yeah, that's exact what happened to me. Everyone at work got badly sick the week before Christmas 2019, including some people who'd just come back from out of the country. At the time, nobody really thought much of it beyond one person getting everyone else sick at work, as happens in close confines, but a few months later when poo poo hit the fan, we looked back on it differently.