Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
waterdeep is run by lords. neverwinter is where the drow hang out. baldrs gate is fantasy london. thats about as much as i know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Tiler Kiwi posted:

dnd seems to be in service of... racism

:hmmyes:

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

priests can create food and water

wizards also i think

a post-scarcity magic society is possible but all the wizards are assholes they are all libertarians

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
there is too much royalty, is there any faction that wants to kill them that isn't also an insane murder cult

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

neverwinter is a stupid city, hate those guys

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

[george carlin voice] why is it called neverwinter when its always winter?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Popy posted:

wizards also i think

a post-scarcity magic society is possible but all the wizards are assholes they are all libertarians

someone should tell the gnolls this so they can stop eating all the middle class refugees wandering in the woods that kill

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Buddykins posted:

I dont know man - SH3 is loving incredible in visual and sound design and 4 is a loving mind gently caress of a game

The only Silent Hill I've spent any time playing was SH4. A couple friends and I rented it during the summer before going to college in 2004, and I remember making them turn the lights on and pacing around while one of them played the game. So spooky that I couldn't handle it even when I was with other people and wasn't even the one playing.

IMO the spookiest parts (by far) were the parts where you're first-person in the room. Being in first-person definitely increases the spooky factor.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Popy posted:

wizards also i think

CREATE FOOD AND WATER posted:

3rd level conjuration
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 30 feet
Components: VS
Duration: Instantaneous
Classes: Cleric, Paladin You create 45 pounds of food and 30 gallons of water on the ground or in containers within range, enough to sustain up to fifteen humanoids or five steeds for 24 hours. The food is bland but nourishing,
and spoils if uneaten after 24 hours. The water is clean and doesn't go bad.

a 20th level cleric could create 675 pounds of food a day

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Tiler Kiwi posted:

the way religion works in dnd seems to be in service of enabling 1. people acting in insane ways, 2. setting contrivances, 3. violent sports team rivalries without the sports, and 4. racism

in dnd you say?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

multiclassing and taking a level in Jesus

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

RandomBlue posted:

in dnd you say?

its different when all the gods are very active and have evidence of their existence and instead of worshipping all of them polythestic style you go, no i will worship the god of porch lights and all other gods are Wrong and their followers must die

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
most religious conflicts have material roots to them rather than just like, pokemon gyms escalating in their violence towards one another

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

theres got to be tabletop guys who roll a cleric and insist their patron diety be jesus right

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Christian DnD

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

DaysBefore posted:

Christian DnD

its got to be a thing, right

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Al! posted:

theres got to be tabletop guys who roll a cleric and insist their patron diety be jesus right

one of gygax's group rolled a wizard and became the god of cowboys with a magical shootin iron because he wanted to be d&d John Wayne

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Buck Wildman posted:

one of gygax's group rolled a wizard and became the god of cowboys with a magical shootin iron because he wanted to be d&d John Wayne

did gygax make this canon

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Tiler Kiwi posted:

its different when all the gods are very active and have evidence of their existence and instead of worshipping all of them polythestic style you go, no i will worship the god of porch lights and all other gods are Wrong and their followers must die

it’s so stupid. I hate it. almost every fantasy world is like that too. nerds trying to figure out fake societies while completely whiffing on the basic concept of polytheism.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Al! posted:

its canon to me

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Best Friends posted:

it’s so stupid. I hate it. almost every fantasy world is like that too. nerds trying to figure out fake societies while completely whiffing on the basic concept of polytheism.

im just endlessly amused by the whole, we want a setting with full plate but no guns, and where 80%+ of the population is urban, and the major groups are explicitly apolitical terrorist cells / insanely well equipped neighborhood watches with a flat hierarchy and anyone that does any actual trade exists to loving die, thing

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

Tiler Kiwi posted:

it’s doubly stupid when you find out that many gods share heavens

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Tiler Kiwi posted:

Yeah because gods are rational and reasonable and won't be jealous petty assholes when some dipshit tries to game the system.

Lostconfused has issued a correction as of 00:23 on Aug 10, 2023

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I'm 47 hours into BG 3, and I'm not even at Act 2 yet. There's at least one more dungeon that all the side quests have been hyping up.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Lostconfused posted:

Yeah because gods are rational and reasonable and won't be jealous petty assholes when some dipshit tries to game the system.

worked for the Romans

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Tiler Kiwi posted:

worked for the Romans

Never heard of that DnD race.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Al! posted:

https://greyhawkonline.com/greyhawkwiki/index.php?title=Murlynd&mobileaction=toggle_view_desktop

Buck Wildman has issued a correction as of 00:29 on Aug 10, 2023

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
everybody having a great time playing the racism simuator

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

RandomBlue posted:

I think only hooty's into fortnite but yeah he seems to love it

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Lostconfused posted:

Never heard of that DnD race.

i mistook your post for one trying to make a point, then

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

RandomBlue posted:

Was there a new Victoria patch?

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Gonna establish a CHAZ once I get to Baldurs Gate

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i mistook your post for one trying to make a point, then

I wouldn't worry about it, making mistakes seems normal for you.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Lostconfused posted:

I wouldn't worry about it, making mistakes seems normal for you.

yeah i read ur posts

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
bazinga

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Tiler Kiwi posted:

yeah i read ur posts

And I appreciate that, thank you.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Lostconfused posted:

And I appreciate that, thank you.

yw im only being catty out of a religious obligation please do not mark it down on my alignment sheet

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

RandomBlue posted:

Morrowind is a fantastic game about the most racist people ever conceived

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

World War Mammories posted:

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT