Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Grimes moving to the US is like a reverse brain drain. The collective intelligence level of Canada went up by a tiny amount when she hosed off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

ryde posted:

This reeks of STDH.txt. I think Grimes tries to portray herself, Elon, and their kid in a certain way and is willing to stretch the truth quite a lot.

I think it’s totally believable that the kid attends SpaceX business meetings. I’m sure they are nothing but pretty pictures of rockets and explosions to keep Elon happy anyway. No real business discussion happens.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

If you know a single bit of musical theory, you can compose that entirely on paper and know what it sounds like

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

I legitimately wouldn't know a Grimes song if it slapped me in the face so I'm having a hard reconciling the praise she gets as a musician with this

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

thunderspanks posted:

I legitimately wouldn't know a Grimes song if it slapped me in the face so I'm having a hard reconciling the praise she gets as a musician with this

She had one kind of ok album in 2012. There were substantially better artists then and definitely have been since.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

kru posted:

If you know a single bit of musical theory, you can compose that entirely on paper and know what it sounds like

You don't even need the smallest fragment of music theory. I can't remember where I left my keys 5 minutes ago, but I can hear in perfect completion a mozart horn concerto by Barry Tuckwell I last heard at least 15 years ago.
It's crazy, other performances feel slightly "off" timing-wise.

Edit: this feels like a rude post, and it's not meant to be, I just wanted to illustrate that someone could be completely musically illiterate and still have a very accurate musical memory. And I do not think this is at all unusual.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I listened to a grimes song just now and it sucked

Just dumb rich girl music

Perfect for elon

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

kazil posted:

I think maybe the person that ate nothing but spaghetti for a year and tried to houseboat down a river with zero experience might just be stupid as gently caress
Lmao i think it was two years

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Pookah posted:

You don't even need the smallest fragment of music theory. I can't remember where I left my keys 5 minutes ago, but I can hear in perfect completion a mozart horn concerto by Barry Tuckwell I last heard at least 15 years ago.

He’s no Roy Donk

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Looking at job boards

Found a job at Tesla

Seriously considered applying basically to become a spy on the inside out of total curiosity but I actually wonder if having Tesla on my resume ends up being a liability

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
I could eventually quit and tell Elon he's a numnuts maybe to his face

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

youll suffer and it wont be worth it. apply

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Pookah posted:

Edit: this feels like a rude post, and it's not meant to be, I just wanted to illustrate that someone could be completely musically illiterate and still have a very accurate musical memory. And I do not think this is at all unusual.

It's not rude at all. It's correct - people classically thing they are musically inept, but test them on it and they pass with flying colours - it's why it's annoying when people refer to themselves as "tone deaf" you arnt at all.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

maybealabia posted:

Looking at job boards

Found a job at Tesla

Seriously considered applying basically to become a spy on the inside out of total curiosity but I actually wonder if having Tesla on my resume ends up being a liability

Apply, and also post it here

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

poisonpill posted:

I listened to a grimes song just now and it sucked

Just dumb rich girl music

Perfect for elon

Eh I still like "We appreciate power" but that was a collab so perhaps that is why.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

kazil posted:

Does she think he was born deaf?

Of course she does, she is fantastically dumb. She probably knows two things about Beethoven: he composed music and he was deaf therefore he was always and only deaf.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

kazil posted:

Does she think?

No and too much at the same time.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

kru posted:

It's not rude at all. It's correct - people classically thing they are musically inept, but test them on it and they pass with flying colours - it's why it's annoying when people refer to themselves as "tone deaf" you arnt at all.

Cheers for not being annoyed, I just find it absolutely astonishing how completely our brains remember very complex musical performances, even after only a single hearing.
I've had times when I've had to replay several minutes of a piece in my head before I get to a bit that finally tells me what the actual name is.
Mozart's music is strange; it's typical of the style of the time, but also completely unique and perfect and irreplaceably lovely.
I like Beethoven, but I'd kill for Mozart.
I don't know how accurate it is, but I've always felt that Beethoven wrote music about human emotions, and Mozart wrote music about music.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

kazil posted:

lol at "cinema is the best art form, but games are up there too" coming from a musical artist
“Musical” and “artist” doing a Herculean lifting job there.

thunderspanks posted:

So you have heard one then.

Durzel fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Aug 10, 2023

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Pookah posted:

Way to bury the lede

Did you find your keys or not :f5:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

kdrudy posted:

Of course she does, she is fantastically dumb. She probably knows two things about Beethoven: he composed music and he was deaf therefore he was always and only deaf.
and also that deaf means exclusively "cannot hear absolutely anything" rather than being a spectrum.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

kru posted:

Uh you clearly haven't seen me attempt that one puzzle in Myst

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Pookah posted:

Cheers for not being annoyed, I just find it absolutely astonishing how completely our brains remember very complex musical performances, even after only a single hearing.
I've had times when I've had to replay several minutes of a piece in my head before I get to a bit that finally tells me what the actual name is.
Mozart's music is strange; it's typical of the style of the time, but also completely unique and perfect and irreplaceably lovely.
I like Beethoven, but I'd kill for Mozart.
I don't know how accurate it is, but I've always felt that Beethoven wrote music about human emotions, and Mozart wrote music about music.

It is incredible - so much so that everyone can pull a songs melody out, regardless of how long ago they heard it. We are genuinely built to do it.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

maybealabia posted:

Looking at job boards

Found a job at Tesla

This will give you internet clout in the same vein as Lonnie has.

Take that as you will.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

...! posted:

Uh you clearly haven't seen me attempt that one puzzle in Myst

Pres butan until door open

Gaylor Moon
Apr 6, 2005

Gender? I hardly know'er
How much you guys want to bet that when Etnol starts to get up there in age/on his dying legs, he'll start looking into transplanting his brain/consciousness into TESLABOT

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Gaylor Moon posted:

How much you guys want to bet when Etnol starts to get up there in age/on his dying legs, he'll start looking into transplanting his brain/conscious into TESLABOT

Elon's wheel chair with exo-brain stapled to the back of it, knocking down kids outside of the kindergarten

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Gaylor Moon posted:

How much you guys want to bet that when Etnol starts to get up there in age/on his dying legs, he'll start looking into transplanting his brain/consciousness into TESLABOT

CONCERNING

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

kru posted:

It is incredible - so much so that everyone can pull a songs melody out, regardless of how long ago they heard it. We are genuinely built to do it.

The thing I find most bizarre and weird is how, if you try to sing a song that's too high/low for your range, you can so easily move the whole thing up or down to a more comfortable range.
Like, we can just shift a whole song, on the fly, in our heads and its not even a challenge, we just do it without thinking.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
“Work meetings” are prolly meetings over Zoom/Teams/Whatever. As in the kid is just in the background sitting in the home office or whatever and making annoying kid noises and bothering the other people on the call but they can’t say or do anything because it’s the boss(‘s kid).

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Myron Baloney posted:

Lmao i think it was two years

Frantically trying to verify this source by Googling "how many years of eating only spaghetti does it take to bring the human body to the brink of death"

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

maybealabia posted:

Looking at job boards

Found a job at Tesla

Everyone in this thread should apply. They’ve gotta take one of us

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Teratrain posted:

Frantically trying to verify this source by Googling "how many years of eating only spaghetti does it take to bring the human body to the brink of death"

Just spend 2 years eating nothing but spaghetti, then 2 years eating nothing but hot dogs. Easy peasy

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Ignis posted:

https://twitter.com/realLandsEnd/status/1689026941221732353

Remind me why did these two soulmates split off?

They're too similar to have anything in common.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

Boris Galerkin posted:

“Work meetings” are prolly meetings over Zoom/Teams/Whatever. As in the kid is just in the background sitting in the home office or whatever and making annoying kid noises and bothering the other people on the call but they can’t say or do anything because it’s the boss(‘s kid).

Couldn't possibly be the case because Elon is staunchly anti-wfh. I'm sure that applies to him 100% too because he would never dream of being a hypocrite

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Squibbles posted:

Couldn't possibly be the case because Elon is staunchly anti-wfh. I'm sure that applies to him 100% too because he would never dream of being a hypocrite

Dude he literally lives at Twitter HQ

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

PhazonLink posted:

some what related, apparent they was a tiktok fad where it was "trendy" to say that Helen Keller was fake.

to be honest, Grimes , tiktokers, and techbros are just telling on themseleves. they have an ego that goes "well I dont have that level of success so they must be faking it."

It's the exact same mental illness with three different transmission vectors. For Elon it's Nepo babyism, assuming everything came easy to him because he's a genius rather than born rich and connected. For tiktokers it's grindset bullshit where hard work equals success with no other variables, and no one works harder than them, with Grimes it's hot idiot syndrome where a whole bunch of losers have gone along with her bullshit because they think they have a shot.

The only solution is ketamine for all.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

My child is absolutely a genius. The Twitter poster that I hired for 100,000 a session says he (or she? I don't know the gender of X off the top of my head) is a GENIUS.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

Everyone in this thread should apply. They’ve gotta take one of us

Don't do this, I applied for a director position because I was pissed that he was a charlatan, and included a diagram of a viable business direction as follow-on to their "S3XY" marketing gimmick (I pointed out that IM2S3XY4U would be a good way to take the business, the Truck platform could be rebranded as a Model U for Ute/Utility with fresh frisky room for further lineup), and that application has been open for a year now and there's rumors swirling of a model 2.

He's a loving leech. Starve the little irritating oval office, he's just sitting up there collecting money while people with functioning glial cells die in slave labor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

The. Fucken. Replies.

"This is good! It's actually the woke brands that support pedos who are going to hurt their own reach."