Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

As a materialist I don't even believe in someone's morality or behavior being linked to an extra dimensional astral plane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Lostconfused posted:

As a materialist I don't even believe in someone's morality or behavior being linked to an extra dimensional astral plane.

I disagree.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
im outraged that bg3 has no karma system so i can't complain about the game morally judging me for striking every gnome i meet across the face for their impudence in being born

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Lostconfused posted:

listen if you cheat on me in a dream I get to be mad okay

those are the rules

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

haven’t played the game but I had a good time hitting randomize all in the bg3 character creator and hooting at all the insane looking OCs it spat out

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I can't believe that Baldur's Gate 3 cuts the camera to a cutscene close up for every single throw away line of dialogue.

Imagine every time you click an NPC instead of some colored text popping up the whole camera jumps over and focuses on their torso for a one second line.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
jk for you gnomophiles out there i have not directly slain any gnomes so far but i think there has been only one gnome ive met that hasnt died while i did nothing, and i stole their boots as they pitously begged me not to

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Lostconfused posted:

I can't believe that Baldur's Gate 3 cuts the camera to a cutscene close up for every single throw away line of dialogue.

Imagine every time you click an NPC instead of some colored text popping up the whole camera jumps over and focuses on their torso for a one second line.

I think you can turn that off it might be dynamic crowds?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

damnit, Wayland and OBS hotkeys just aint good friends.. got an insane heli pilot kill in battlebits and NOBDY WILL EVER KNOW !

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

DaysBefore posted:

Gonna establish a CHAZ once I get to Baldurs Gate

which evocation spells have multi targeting???

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

im gonna be the guy in CHAZ that stands up during the open mic and gets very racist at goblins and orcs and elves and demons

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

that druid guy would have been a CHAZ police station protector

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Noah is a little bitch

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
the one time I played actual d&d I made a half-elf bard who was extremely racist against elves

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

the milk machine posted:

the one time I played actual d&d I made a half-elf bard who was extremely racist against elves

Was the whole gimmick based on "It's ok, I have the elf pass, I can say that"?

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

this satan is way too flamboyant to be sinister. did like that when I no-sold his devils deal he monologued anyways, true to type

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

the game is about getting a yeerk out of your head so naturally I’m gonna roll a full party of shapeshifting druids

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I have to feed my cool magic poo poo to this dumb wizard pervert to keep him around? Oh, yeah, deffo doing that. Just gonna take him for a walk in the woods first for no reason

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Mr. Sharps posted:

the game is about getting a yeerk out of your head so naturally I’m gonna roll a full party of shapeshifting druids

Make sure you have an eagle companion called Tobias

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

just reach into your ear and pull it out dont need a 400 hour rpg to figure that out

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

About back to where I was when I put Hollow Knight down last time. Still desperately hoping whatever brain circuits allow people to be good at this 2D combat stuff develop eventually but this time I found the guy I didn't last time who did two crucial things, tell me I'm too weak for the Mantis boss, and where I can go to strengthen my nail, which seems like the natural next step so now I'm in some soul place getting my poo poo rocked. I should probably explore and get some more Alienware logos but the city is too cool to not dig around in.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Red Baron posted:

listen if you cheat on me in a dream I get to be mad okay

those are the rules

idk why this was always framed as unreasonable like learn to project onto the astral plane to protect your lucid personal

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

What's the point of rolling a low int character if there are no low int dialogue options?

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Lostconfused posted:

What's the point of rolling a low int character if there are no low int dialogue options?

Realism (for you [not me])

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

game is too woke for low int dialogue

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Lostconfused posted:

Was the whole gimmick based on "It's ok, I have the elf pass, I can say that"?

pretty much. he went to elf julliard for college on scholarship (he's a bagpipe bard) and all the rich sharp-ears were rude and snooty to him

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

About back to where I was when I put Hollow Knight down last time. Still desperately hoping whatever brain circuits allow people to be good at this 2D combat stuff develop eventually but this time I found the guy I didn't last time who did two crucial things, tell me I'm too weak for the Mantis boss, and where I can go to strengthen my nail, which seems like the natural next step so now I'm in some soul place getting my poo poo rocked. I should probably explore and get some more Alienware logos but the city is too cool to not dig around in.

I also suck at 2D platform combat and kept dying to this boss who was ~15 minutes from the nearest bench (since I had to play slowly and carefully to arrive in pristine condition, a good player probably covers it under 5) which was long enough that I didn’t develop any muscle memory from successive attempts and couldn't really come up with a strategy either. after five hours on a lazy Sunday beating my head against that wall I sadly quit. wish there was an easy mode

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Popy posted:

game is too woke for low int dialogue

thats right

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Noah having a sword so powerful it can cut the metaphysical binding force of life but never using it in combat even to protect his friends is extremely herblike. hate this guy

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

funny setting i found

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

what sort of private moments are there

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Tiler Kiwi posted:

there is too much royalty, is there any faction that wants to kill them that isn't also an insane murder cult

the harpers

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

indigi posted:

Dreams iirc

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Al! posted:

funny setting i found

lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

people always talk about their dreams!!!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

indigi posted:

boning

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i accidentally turned that on and my coop partner saw me jack off an orc.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

cspam bg3 multiplayer game where everyone dies in the tutorial zone because they consider mindflayers chuds and they now have a chud in their head

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

kill the chud (worm) in your head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

full gith party