Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
lol this year has been wild in a totally different way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

china klay
Jul 4, 2018
I was going back and forth trying to decide if I wanted to put all my money on Fox or Trae. Picked the wrong one.

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Blind Pineapple has signed Javonte Green for $1.
feels silly to ask but the next highest was 0, right?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Giggs posted:

feels silly to ask but the next highest was 0, right?

Oops, yep

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I had a 240 bid queued up for trae that I backspaced

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Third day of spamming $1-2 bids comes through. I almost threw a dollar at Mcbuckets too.

Feel like Richards and Shamet are solid pickups at that price.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Red Rox posted:

lol this year has been wild in a totally different way

This game never misses

Doltos posted:

I had a 240 bid queued up for trae that I backspaced

Miss every shot you don’t take

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Deadbeat Dad posted:

rivetz has signed Trae Young for $36.

(The next highest bid was for $31.)

LMAO

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I don't even know what a good strategy would be for this game anymore.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I think this has been my best performance in the game to date. I have a very solid team and still a lot of money left to finish out my roster

PG: Dejounte / Sasser
SG: Mitchell / Wong / Kork / Green
SF/PF: Keegan / Boucher / Connaughton / Okoro
C: Collins / Williams / Trez

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

code:
Grant Williams
James Johnson
Josh Okogie
Deveon Seabron
Immanuel Quickley
Kelly Oubre
Noah Vonleh
Corey Kispert
Rudy Gobert
Juan Toscano-Anderson
Klay Thompson
Duncan Robinson
Eugene Omoruyi
Terrence Ross
Joey Hauser
Damion Lee
Steven Adams
Nate Williams Jr.
Paul George
Ousmane Dieng
Patrick Baldwin Jr.
Sam Hauser
Shaedon Sharpe
Jamal Murray
Terence Davis
Maurice Harkless
Herb Jones

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

Lockback posted:

I don't even know what a good strategy would be for this game anymore.
Evidently throwing poo poo at the wall for players you're not even targeting plays some sort of role in it? still working out the details

Needless to say the Hornets FO does not consider Trae an ideal fit alongside Scoot and fyi he is very available for trade, ideally packaged with one of my 3,748 SG/SFs. If he stays we'll make it work, he's still an elite offensive talent

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Dang, my strategy could have landed Trae if I'd been less successful earlier and had more cash to splash.

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu

Deadbeat Dad posted:

code:
Nate Williams Jr.
is nate williams jr an also-known-as for Jeenathan Williams jr who was with the Blazers until last week and is now with the Rockets?

I would be reticent to ask in other cases because i'd look a fool but in this instance i'm comfortable with the fact that nobody knows who both of this guy is.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Fuuuuck I need a PG and could have had trae for my last $45

e: although honestly he would be a super weird pairing with Jokic

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Giggs posted:

is nate williams jr an also-known-as for Jeenathan Williams jr who was with the Blazers until last week and is now with the Rockets?

I would be reticent to ask in other cases because i'd look a fool but in this instance i'm comfortable with the fact that nobody knows who both of this guy is.

Yep!

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

kalensc posted:

Dang, my strategy could have landed Trae if I'd been less successful earlier and had more cash to splash.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

My team (THE DETROIT PISTONS) is just about done. I think everyone on the roster is pretty much bona fide NBA minutes guys with just the rookie Jordans as unknowns, but the top 8 or so especially is all starter quality. It should also be a fun mix of pace, shooting, and defense.

Top of rotation:
PG Lamelo / Cade
SG Melton / Ausar
SF Cade / Ausar
PF H Barnes / Sochan
C Brook / Gafford

Here's the deeper bench:
Point depth: Kris Dunn, Jaden Hardy, Melton
Wing depth: Hardy, AJ Griffin, Jordan Hawkins, Jordan Walsh
PF/C depth: Livers, O Robinson

Not listed above but I think a really fun depth lineup would be to put Ausar at the PF and run Lamelo/Melton/Cade/Ausar 1-4 and just blow teams off the court. Ausar's athleticism will be so sick espsecially in transition with those guys setting him up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkERXyLAcyU

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Aug 10, 2023

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
:(

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

:lol: Yeah that was unnecessarily cruel to Lonzo, when what I really meant is LAMELO. I did not bid on the permanently injured Ball brother.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

a new study bible! has traded Wendell Carter Jr. ($36) and Dennis Smith Jr. ($3) to rivetz for Trae Young ($36) and Buddy Hield ($70).

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
wtf, Trae Young is getting no respect.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
YOU MOVED THE TRAE YOUNG CONTRACT???

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Genuine cackles are so rare in these troubled times, and yet there's no other word to accurately describe the sound that came out of my mouth when this trade got posted

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

rivetz what are you doing

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Genuine cackles are so rare in these troubled times, and yet there's no other word to accurately describe the sound that came out of my mouth when this trade got posted

Lockback posted:

wtf, Trae Young is getting no respect.
I agree but I hope everyone gets how weird it was trying to find a package that works, not only due to the low cap# but because of my team. I got multiple offers from teams w cap room offering to absorb bad contracts I wanted to shed. I have one guy with a cap# over $80 and it's Scoot who's not going anywhere. PJ Washington is my second-priciest player at $78. Since my entire roster is basically guys making $50-$70, the only way to trade for a player of Trae's caliber (think $250-$350ish?) would be to bundle a big stack of my reasonably-priced guys, which I didn't want to do. Even if I found a scenario that worked, it would have to be with a team with a bunch of spots available, or willing to waive 1/4 of the guys they drafted. And it would have to be with a team that wants Trae, who isn't everybody's cup of tea. And it would have to be with a team offering frontcourt help.

Even with all those hurdles, there were like six offers that got serious consideration, but this was the only one that met my criteria:

1) Lose at least one G/F - Hield was my only truly lovely defender at the 2/3, rotation is way less confusing now
2) Land at least one frontcourt starter - Carter slides right into starting C, Duren's a better backup for now. I don't know if anyone's noticed that bigs are in short supply, but C was my biggest red flag, with only Duren and Christian Wood on the roster.
3) Gain cap room - nuff said
4) Get better on defense - the only really bad defensive player in the rotation is Wood and now I don't have to start him
5) Land a veteran backup PG - I'm a Smith Jr. guy, he's had a rough road and kicks rear end, I love him as a vet mentor to Scoot

Doltos posted:

YOU MOVED THE TRAE YOUNG CONTRACT???
I hear this but having done several BYOGMs over the years it always winds up being vibe/chemistry over stats. I don't build my team around winning the sim
  • This is Scoot's team and I'm not bringing him off the bench.
  • You don't bench Trae.
  • I'm not starting Trae and Scoot, that's weird and not an option.
I felt like I had to move him and I had to do it ASAP. I don't need any static in my locker room, we're trying to build a winning culture here you see

Edit: I forgot a really important criteria, which is "do not hand the championship to another team by giftwrapping them a top-10 offensive player." There were multiple offers in play w more talented players coming back to me, but I couldn't pull the trigger for that reason

Current depth chart:
PG: Scoot | DSJ | Wallace
SG: Vassell | Monk | Rupert
SF: Hart | Martin | Champagnie
PF: Washington | Wood | Jovic
C: Carter Jr. | Duren

Still some work to do but I feel like each of my top ten guys would make the rotation on any playoff team and I've got enough cash for more upgrades as we come down the home stretch, so yeah v:shobon:v

e: jfc write a book about it, drat

rivetz fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Aug 10, 2023

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

RIvetz you have almost $200 in space. Trade Trae and a $70 guy for a top-end guy. Trades don't need to be equal, as long as you have room you just get the guy.

Of have Trae coming off your bench or something.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
let rivetz cook, MJ would never write a book to explain his moves!!

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Lol oh man

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Lockback posted:

RIvetz you have almost $200 in space. Trade Trae and a $70 guy for a top-end guy. Trades don't need to be equal, as long as you have room you just get the guy.

Trae forced into being high-end department store Jordan Clarkson would be hilarious

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
What the hell

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Yeah but if you do Trae like that all the other agents won't want to do business with you.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

Lockback posted:

Good point, everyone please PM me the top-tier guys you would lose for Trae. This will zero out my cap, so they must be frontcourt, must cost <$300. One line please, no shoving. Also I know demand for Trae's services is sky-high as evidenced by the riotous cacophony of bidding activity we all witnessed yesterday

quote:

This was the obvious move but I assume most folks agree that wouldn't fly irl and I just didn't want to do it here.

BWV posted:

Yeah but if you do Trae like that all the other agents won't want to do business with you.
this guy gets it. What kind of message does that send Scoot? :xd: Y'all don't have to run your teams like this, I just like it because it makes it more challenging. My team would probably be way better if I focused only on stats/metrics, but I want a certain kind of player and Trae ain't it. I didn't want him to begin with, I just rolled the dice that no one else would either and I could land a guy w more value to others than me.

Also you better believe this stuff's front-and-center in my head these days up here in Portland with all the "why didn't they pull the Jerami Grant offer when Dame asked out?!?" and "Why not ship Dame to [lovely market], who cares what he wants?"

rivetz fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Aug 11, 2023

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Giving up a second useful guy *in addition to* 90% Off Trae to get Wendell Carter is an underrated baffling part of the deal

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Free Agents (Unbidded on players able to be signed at the end of the entire bidding process for waived players)

James Johnson (PF)

Dereon Seabron (G)

Noah Vonleh (PF)

Eugene Omoruyi (F)

Terrence Ross (G)

Joey Hauser (F)

Jeenathan (Nate) Williams) (G)

Ousmane Dieng (F)

Patrick Baldwin Jr. (F)

Sam Hauser (SF)

Terence Davis (SG)

Maurice Harkless (SF)

Juan Toscano-Anderson (F)

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

xbilkis posted:

Giving up a second useful guy *in addition to* 90% Off Trae to get Wendell Carter is an underrated baffling part of the deal
Would you play Hield over Devin Vassell, Josh Hart, Malik Monk, or Caleb Martin? I was happy to get him at that price, but getting the $70 in cap room back was worth more to me than having one of the worst defensive players in the entire league as my 12th man

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

xbilkis has signed Damion Lee for $1.

(The next highest bid was $0.)

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

BWV has signed Josh Okogie for $11.

(The next highest bid was $1.)

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

rivetz posted:

Would you play Hield over Devin Vassell, Josh Hart, Malik Monk, or Caleb Martin? I was happy to get him at that price, but getting the $70 in cap room back was worth more to me than having one of the worst defensive players in the entire league as my 12th man

I'd definitely play him over Martin and I think him/Monk is a toss up, but yeah it makes way more sense looking at your roster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

tanglewood1420 has signed Duncan Robinson for $4.

(The next highest bid was $3.)