Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm sad I talked poo poo about the retroid flip because i love using it, it's very comfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

otter posted:

Where on earth do you live that the mail gets delivered at half past midnight?

Australia, but it's not normal. Most places stop at 6pm but this, FAST HORSE INTERNATIONAL that temu uses uh, seem to push their staff pretty bad.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Fingers crossed I wake up to a DHL email about my 2S.

Can’t wait to, you know, play with overlays and stuff.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

zzMisc posted:

poo poo, did you? poo poo man. did you get advanced placement? have you ever applied to MENSA, they need people like that. Why are you wasting time on this dead gay forum when you could be working out cold fusion

or are all brits like that? that must be amazing. Imagine an entire country of people who don't need tactile feedback to determine two objects are different from one another. How have you not conquered the world yet?

brits lost their special privilege for pretending they're smarter than americans, whether about politics & other real poo poo or stupid buttons on stupid video game consoles, in 2016 and I'm not about to let you forget it.

vv not adding more replies over this but I am simply sick of the "lol americans are so stupid because their thing different from our thing" poo poo. And if somebody doesn't respond a bit aggressively to the endless low-level toxicity why would it ever stop.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Thank you for your service zzMisc.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Australia, but it's not normal. Most places stop at 6pm but this, FAST HORSE INTERNATIONAL that temu uses uh, seem to push their staff pretty bad.

I’d be pissed if it was 12:30 and Alexa was like “ding, package!” because my wife is so paranoid she would make me get up and go get the mail right then and there. Which reminds me I have to go take out the garbage now. (10 pm, should have done it hours ago but was playing magic with the kids. )

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
Hmmm tempted to sell my Odin and get an Odin 2 instead, if only because it looks like they fixed the biggest problem with the first one: The placement of the start and select buttons.

PleasantDilemma
Dec 5, 2006

The Last Hope for Peace
I miss my RGB 10 Max 2 which died a while back. Was thinking of the RG505 after the recent re-review video which pointed out that it's on discount these days. Anyone have one and can say if it's easy to pair bluetooth headphones? Anyone running the GammaOS on their 505?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

otter posted:

I’d be pissed if it was 12:30 and Alexa was like “ding, package!” because my wife is so paranoid she would make me get up and go get the mail right then and there. Which reminds me I have to go take out the garbage now. (10 pm, should have done it hours ago but was playing magic with the kids. )

Yeah, I was pretty annoyed because the dog woke me up to tell me some poor bastard was dropping off a package.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
So I picked up a Retroid Pocket 3+ and I'm reasonably happy with it but the screen size is just a hair too small, especially considering I play a lot of 4:3 stuff. The select/start button placement is just loving bizarre and annoying to deal with. I previously had a Steam Deck which I returned because it was super bulky and the battery life wasn't good.

I'm looking for something sort of in between that. I want to emulate up to the PS1 era but if it could do more then hey that's a bonus. Ideally I want something with a screen size a bit bigger than the RP3+, maybe 6"? Reasonable battery life and ergonomics, the Steam Deck is really uncomfortable to use for more than 20 minutes IMO.

Can anyone recommend something? The options are sort of overwhelming, there are so many of these things. I had a look at the Odin 1 Pro which seems OK but a lot of people seem to indicate it would be better to wait for the Odin 2 or go for something like the Pocket Air or whatever.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Maybe one of those streaming android devices like Logitech thing, Abxylute, Razor Edge etc.

What happened to that handheld with detachable controllers on 2 sides, did it come out?

stephenthinkpad fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Aug 10, 2023

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Doesn't the Powkiddy X55 pretty much cover all that? 5.5" screen, but still. Not an authoritative voice here, just happened to watch that rgc video lol

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The X55 is 100% what you're after if you don't plan on going above PS1.

stephenthinkpad posted:

Maybe one of those streaming android devices like Logitech thing, Abxylute, Razor Edge etc.

What happened to that handheld with detachable controllers on 2 sides, did it come out?

The Pimax Portal? Yeah it did, no-one noticed or cared just like with everything Pimax does. They've also only put out the handheld, the VR headset it's supposed to go with isn't out yet.
https://pimax.com/portal/

njsykora fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Aug 10, 2023

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I was setting up a card for my miyoo mini plus last night in preparation for its arrival, and I broke out my RG351V for the first time in a while and updated it to the newest version of AmberELEC and then spent several hours playing with it.

It's still a really great system and just feels really nice / solid in a way some of these things don't.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

otter posted:

nice. I looked them up and I was just drooling over the amiibo stands but i'd need like 8 of them for my shelves and that would cost $225. wife would kill me

It came in and yeah this thing's pretty nice. The photo on the website I bought it off didn't show the console logo printed on it though.

Beard Yawn
Apr 11, 2011

You would make a good Dalek.
I own a couple backlight screen modded GBAs from RCG from the olden times before FunnyPlaying IPS screens and whatnot. They used to harvest the AGS-101 SPs for the screens!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Those fuckers, is that why I can never find one for less than $200 now?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Isn't the AES-101 the one with the really disappointing screen light and the AES-110 is the one people actually want for the much brighter screen?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The ags-100 is the bad one

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Yeah, the AGS100 was frontlit and is totally blown out of the water by the backlit 101.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

OK then, clearly something I half remembered because the AES-110 is apparently an XLR cable.

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
I lurk this thread a lot and I've got to tell ya, folks, I barely play poo poo on them after i get them all set up how i like. I JUST THINK THEY'RE NEAT

Beard Yawn
Apr 11, 2011

You would make a good Dalek.

hotdog feet posted:

I lurk this thread a lot and I've got to tell ya, folks, I barely play poo poo on them after i get them all set up how i like. I JUST THINK THEY'RE NEAT

One of us one of us one of us.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

hotdog feet posted:

What do you think the rest of us do?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I only feel motivated to play handheld games on mine so I don’t really need a powerful one. But for whatever reason I always upgrade and play the same games my previous one played just fine. It’s a disease

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
When they finally release that concept art console and I finally have it in my hands, I will spend more time with my old games.

* rainbow colored SP

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
And when I do sit down to play a game I get choice paralysis about which console to use!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

stephenthinkpad posted:

When they finally release that concept art console and I finally have it in my hands, I will spend more time with my old games.

* rainbow colored SP

You mean curating your rom sets, scrolling through them and looking at the box art, of course

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

flavor.flv posted:

You mean curating your rom sets, scrolling through them and looking at the box art, of course

:hai:

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

flavor.flv posted:

Gotta load up at least one game from every system to test that they work also. Then put it back on the shelf, satisfied.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Got to put them in a custom display stand lit in 2700k warm white led light strip.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Personally I like that I have good options/combinations for any trip/flight I might be taking.
Flying out west next month? Probably the Odin, maybe the hacked 3DS. Flying to Prague in Nov? Steam Deck + Miyoo Mini Plus.
Common thread? Sleeping on the flights and not using the console(s).

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

There's nothing more timeless than maximally planning for a flight, loading devices up with content and then sleeping the whole flight.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

ChiTownEddie posted:

Personally I like that I have good options/combinations for any trip/flight I might be taking.
Flying out west next month? Probably the Odin, maybe the hacked 3DS. Flying to Prague in Nov? Steam Deck + Miyoo Mini Plus.
Common thread? Sleeping on the flights and not using the console(s).

I'll be honest, I'm looking forward to the "I got my steamdeck stolen in Prague" thread.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I absolutely can not sleep on a plane I envy anyone that can

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

hatty posted:

Same. Last time I was on a plane I watched Godzilla 2014 and played Switch games

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

otter posted:

I'll be honest, I'm looking forward to the "I got my steamdeck stolen in Prague" thread.

hahahahaha. Its a boomer-esque trip since we're going on a tour and just being driven around in a bus. If it were my normal world travel I would not bring the deck.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Prague is cool. I saw Superbad subbed in Czech there

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Prague is cool. I saw Superbad subbed in Czech there

I'd love to go someday, but when? I dunno. We are actually hosting a friend from Prague tomorrow and will subject her to her first American kid's birthday party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

hatty posted:

This x1000