Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

IUG posted:

Her throwing the guy and having him phase through another guy seemed new to me. I thought she needed constant contact to phase something, and she tossed the dude like ten feet.

Yeah, that was definitely a new one but it was rad, so I'm good with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, when would she use that application of her powers without it killing someone?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Stick their ankles together so they can't walk

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Looks like now she can do really fine grained control over it if she wants to. like phasing only the guys hand and gun into his own head? That seems new. We know she can be super lethal thanks to alt timeline/universe stories though.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
She should phase a fork and a spoon together. Create a unique invention that would change the world.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

BrianWilly posted:

She should phase a fork and a spoon together. Create a unique invention that would change the world.

Hmmmm yes she could call it a "foon"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Reverend Stryker's new sermon on the abomination of utensils mutants have created.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

i'm very sorry

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
drat Krakoa mutie science

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

IUG posted:

Her throwing the guy and having him phase through another guy seemed new to me. I thought she needed constant contact to phase something, and she tossed the dude like ten feet.

Realistically, it was probably because Duggan thought it was badass.

I suppose you could attribute it to that low-key plot point that mutants who get resurrected sometimes find their powers have grown.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Mutants are like Saiyans, except instead of getting stronger from getting near the point of death they get stronger after dying

radlum
May 13, 2013
Immortal X-Men this week was pretty great. I feel kind of hopeful for this part of the Krakoa era

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Immortal X-Men is good. Charles is, unsurprisingly, in a really rough place right now. Glad to see the mutants who went through the gates are, in fact, alive. Exodus jumping at the chance to live out his namesake gives me a sensible chuckle.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
I was already onboard with Exodus before this but he's so great, yet another salvaging of a character that nobody gave a poo poo about before a year ago.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
You can just tell Exodus is completely psyched for all of this.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
dude's been waiting 700 years for this moment, he's gonna make the most of it

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

opportunities this on the nose don't come around every day, he's basically the dude from the Oglaf comic about the Minotaur right now

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Is Children of the Vault the first book by Deniz Camp? I don't recognize the name, but it was really good.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Kate always hinted she could do this poo poo and just chose not to so I'm glad for the follow through.

danbanana posted:

i'm very sorry

lmao.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I forget, what's the deal with the children of the vault? As in, who built the vault or put their predecessors in it? I thought it was Orchis but since they mentioned that Orchis seems to just not be paying them much mind, it implies they didn't make them...

Also I know it's just the way Marvel works, but gettin' a hearty lol at all these magical future cities being built and Cable and Bishop just walking around completely unchanged NYC

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

TwoPair posted:

I forget, what's the deal with the children of the vault? As in, who built the vault or put their predecessors in it? I thought it was Orchis but since they mentioned that Orchis seems to just not be paying them much mind, it implies they didn't make them...

Also I know it's just the way Marvel works, but gettin' a hearty lol at all these magical future cities being built and Cable and Bishop just walking around completely unchanged NYC

Yeah, I was gonna say the Children of the Vault should watch their backs, you saw what happened to Krakoa right after Forge put together a plan to end homelessness.

It was good to see some progress on the Cable/Bishop relationship. I'm hoping they just kind of soft retcon Bishop's whole deal into "went too far in some areas" from "genocided 99% of all possible futures."

I think the Vault was just your standard mad science experiment, it was just a time dilation project that got out of hand. Been a minute since I've read the Carey run, though.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The vault is a time dilation thing that apparently is not the world, which is another time dilation thing fentomex visited in the Hickman X-Men book, which is not the other world, which is the time dilation thing Hickman has the maker build twice now in two different universes

site fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Aug 10, 2023

La Louve Rouge
Jun 25, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A future Hickman-esque dot-connecting writer will have some fun some day with the various temporally-delayed, hypercompressed Cities, Vaults, and Worlds

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

okay I did grin at Cable missing the 90s

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah the Vault was just some random thing. No connections to anything else before Carey created it.

Now it's located in the wild Sentinel factory from Morrison's run.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

wiegieman posted:

Is Children of the Vault the first book by Deniz Camp? I don't recognize the name, but it was really good.

He did a crappy but very well-received comic about cold war supersoldiers 20th Century Men last year

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Aiight I gotta call BS on Hope claiming that most the 250000 mutants from Krakoa have no useful powers. You got Rain Boy, right? You're in a desert! You can drink him!

Lucca Blight
Jun 2, 2009
They have the one that poops ice cream right. Perfect for the dessert. I'm not sorry for that one

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

BrianWilly posted:

You can drink him!

:chloe:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I don't care how delicious Soft Serve's ice cream is, I would rather die than eat it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

BrianWilly posted:

Aiight I gotta call BS on Hope claiming that most the 250000 mutants from Krakoa have no useful powers. You got Rain Boy, right? You're in a desert! You can drink him!

Hope was raised by Cable. If someone's power isn't immediately and abundantly useful in a combat situation, she will think it's useless. She probably thinks her own power is useless, which is why she carries large guns everywhere!

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

BrianWilly posted:

That one time Iceman lost most of his body except for his head and the only water anybody had to help him regenerate was their own urine, I bet they would have been real grateful to have a guy made of water around.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
"Charles, that halfassed anguished expression and kneeling all the time won't cut it. You're going to have to stop shaving."
- Scott, probably

radlum
May 13, 2013
So Tom Brevoort said he is gonna be in charge of X-Men; is this the actual death of the Krakoa era? or is it a good sign, that the mutants are even more of a priority for editorial?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Finally NFLSuperPro is up in the resurrection queue.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

radlum posted:

So Tom Brevoort said he is gonna be in charge of X-Men; is this the actual death of the Krakoa era? or is it a good sign, that the mutants are even more of a priority for editorial?

I'm guessing it's the end of the Krakoan era and table setting to prepare MCU stuff, since Breevort kind of did that with the Avengers line. X-Men are likely gonna get pushed to the forefront, but hard to say if that's gonna be good or bad.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Codependent Poster posted:

I'm guessing it's the end of the Krakoan era and table setting to prepare MCU stuff, since Breevort kind of did that with the Avengers line. X-Men are likely gonna get pushed to the forefront, but hard to say if that's gonna be good or bad.

If this is gonna be like the time the Captain Marvel movie came out and someone at Marvel thought the best way to push Carol was loving Civil War 2, where she went full-on Minority Report fash, then I'm not looking forward to what they come up with.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Civil War 2 was like three years before the Captain Marvel movie came out.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
sometimes carol danvers just goes full fash, is all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Wasn't Civil War 2 timed to coincide with the Civil War movie?