Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
matched drop kicks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh poo poo, Okada getting that pissed off look :perfect:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Nooooooooooooo

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
Zack!!! :negative:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:cry:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh man that was so good!

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Bloody fantastic match

Everything I love in wrestling and an Englishman lost to cap it off

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
:golfclap:

I was pulling for Zack but it's hard to be mad about Okada moving forward, terrific match

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
match was excellent tho

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

And now we can look forward to Okada vs.... oh.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Bloody fantastic match

Everything I love in wrestling and an Englishman lost to cap it off

It's coming home :hai:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

That ending sequence looked like a lot of fun. Didn't realize it was a later show and I could've caught the main when I woke up.

That brings my total G1 watch time up to about 7 minutes. (I'm way behind and just can't get into it this year :()

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

That ending sequence looked like a lot of fun. Didn't realize it was a later show and I could've caught the main when I woke up.

That brings my total G1 watch time up to about 7 minutes. (I'm way behind and just can't get into it this year :()

It's been a pretty good G1! Obviously there has been ALOT of it but the key matches have really delivered, and the 20 minute time limit and the 2nd place finisher having actual stakes to it now have been welcome additions in my opinion.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'd definitely put this over last year's G1. The 8 man blocks with double block cards format worked so much better than that clusterfuck and yeah the top 2 going through made things really interesting (even if it did allow EVIL to make the semis)

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

They've done a lot of stuff to rebuild the roster after essentially treading water for 3 years. So they went with more booking stuff than bangers like pushing say Hikuleo

And I've agreed and defended most of it. Some of it I'm less happy with. Not sure about evil beating sanada there. I am not especially keen on an iwgp title match of evil v sanada.

So it's been an occasional mixed bag but a lot of matches I'll think of very fondly at years end. Especially from A block

T3hRen3gade
Jun 7, 2007

Look in my eye,
what do you see?
Just caught up. loving EVIL beat SANADA?! :wtc:

Sad to see ZSJ get knocked out, but I love Okada so at least he gets to eliminate EVIL now, jesus christ

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
EVIL is poop from a butt, I cannot think of a more "okay" big match I've seen in a long-rear end time than Naito vs. Hikuleo, and I'm not even a SANADA guy and I cannot grasp how they just undid everything they'd done recently to make SANADA look like The Guy.

My preferences for winner, in order:

Ospreay

*gap*

Okada

*The Grand Canyon*

Naito

*A gap so large it encompasses one end of the known universe to the other*

Literally No One, Somehow

*A gap bigger than that*

EVIL

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Resign yourself now to Naito winning because today's results certainly make it seem like Sanada's story from now to WK is going to be that of proving he's The Guy by overcoming his past

(I don't have a problem with a Naito victory even if he's also my third choice of those remaining)

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Resign yourself now to Naito winning because today's results certainly make it seem like Sanada's story from now to WK is going to be that of proving he's The Guy by overcoming his past

(I don't have a problem with a Naito victory even if he's also my third choice of those remaining)

I know. :sigh:

I just...like Tana is kinda washed, but I can feel the embers of what made him so over to begin with, so it genuinely doesn't bother me.

Naito is either Tana levels of washed, genuinely super lazy, or both, I've never liked his gimmick, AND he's still pushed like a top guy when his time has pretty clearly passed. Naito just makes me tired.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I really want the okada v naito final.

This version of okada standing in Naitos path to kingdom. The crowd is going to be crazy behind naito. The match they had at wk 14 was one of my favourite matches ever. They are both 3 years older but I think the alignments will produce something with a lot of heat. The series they had last year was awesome but with a more heelish okada they can step it up a notch

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
https://twitter.com/CerooleanBlue/status/1689820589136179201?t=AsyalQofx8J3fYveEitPfQ&s=19

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Everyone's favourite lol

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Has anyone ever said that HAYATA looks like he belongs in a 90s/00s industrial metal band? Because he does.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Edward Mass posted:

Has anyone ever said that HAYATA looks like he belongs in a 90s/00s industrial metal band? Because he does.

HAYATA is a Dishonored DLC protagonist, but those things don't have to be mutually exclusive.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

loving HAYATA, over literally anyone else in Noah's junior division :geno:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

EVIL is poop from a butt, I cannot think of a more "okay" big match I've seen in a long-rear end time than Naito vs. Hikuleo, and I'm not even a SANADA guy and I cannot grasp how they just undid everything they'd done recently to make SANADA look like The Guy.

My preferences for winner, in order:

Ospreay

*gap*

Okada

*The Grand Canyon*

Naito

*A gap so large it encompasses one end of the known universe to the other*

Literally No One, Somehow

*A gap bigger than that*

EVIL

https://twitter.com/MurrayBone44/status/1689617677147328515?t=dgDjUh95MJM__IYpWoMvUg&s=19

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
Hello I've watched no wrestling for about a year, what are the must-see G1 matches? And how long 'til my boy Tsuji is champ?

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Here's ten matches to get you started, there's more worth watching but I think this is a good selection if you're short on time

Night One (July 15th)

Taichi/Ospreay

Night Four (July 19th)

Henare/Shingo

Night Five (July 21st)

Kaito/Shota
Okada/Taichi

Night Seven (July 25th)

Kaito/Sanada

Night Eight (July 26th)

Cobb/ZSJ
Kingston/Ishii

Night Nine (July 27th)

Okada/Ospreay

Night Fourteen (August 6th)

ELP/Ospreay

Night Seventeen (August 10th)

Okada/ZSJ

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Gabe vs. Kaito from July 27 was also great. Among others, there was just a notable lack of Gabe on the list.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Gabe vs. Kaito from July 27 was also great. Among others, there was just a notable lack of Gabe on the list.

Yeah, I was going to add that. Something completely different.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

Thanks for the list!

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Kingston/Ishii

BRB watching this immediately.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Sure thing, happy watching! As far as Tsuji goes, did you see that his first match after returning from excursion was against Sanada for the championship? That was at Dominion, I definitely recommend checking it out if you have the time. lt seems clear from how great he looked in that contest and in the G1 that NJ has big plans for him, it might be a couple years before he wins the big belt but I think it's very likely he gets some other kind of singles gold between now and then.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Weird but not idea: Tsuji and Shingo vs Bishamon?

Actually, those 2 winning Tag League seems not impossible. And having Tsuji win the tag titles would be way for the office to dip their toes with him. Maybe have them main event the odd mid-tour show.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

just rust posted:

Whatever happens you have absolutely gotta get the title off of SANADA before the Dome.

When I said this I was not in any way suggesting that EVIL should get a title shot, Gedo, but if you're taking requests let me direct you to the post above. Dragon Blast sounds swell.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

Tsuji was my favourite young lion back when it was him/Shota/Uemura/Narita and I'm happy to see he's doing well :3:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hi friends! Anxiety is keeping me awake so I figure I may as well watch some Nooj with friends while I'm stuck!

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
looking at the 4 quarterfinalists and realizing that the only way this g1 is ending well for me is if naito wins
ill be verily sad otherwise

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Hi friends! Anxiety is keeping me awake so I figure I may as well watch some Nooj with friends while I'm stuck!

Not sure the anxiety over EVIL making a G1 final is the cure you're looking for but maybe his match will be so boring it sends you off to sleep so there's always a positive

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Lmao they put clips of SANADA jobbing out in the intro :cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Taffy Torpedo posted:

Tsuji was my favourite young lion back when it was him/Shota/Uemura/Narita and I'm happy to see he's doing well :3:

:hfive:

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Anxiety: Bad.
Watching New Japan: Good!