Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Hey, I'm not the writer at Bioware. But that's what's in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

DaysBefore posted:

How did the Wayne family get rich anyway. I assume originally they owned factories or railroads or whatever. Those things don't exist anymore so what makes modern Batman the big bucks

There is an issue in the 80s that has a reporter confronting Bruce Wayne about his fortune being built on arms manufacturing.

I think since it is supposed to be a mix of finance, pharmaceutical, land ownership, and "advanced tech".

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Goa Tse-tung posted:

yeah bg3 has so many chances to do evil or conflicted party members, and Wrath just completely blows them away

regill and daeran are cool i like them

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
haarpers

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

DaysBefore posted:

How did the Wayne family get rich anyway. I assume originally they owned factories or railroads or whatever. Those things don't exist anymore so what makes modern Batman the big bucks

the story now is the waynes were one of the original families that founded Gotham or some poo poo and now there are other crazy rich families running around trying to kill batman and they are dressed like owls

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Mr Hootington posted:

There is an issue in the 80s that has a reporter confronting Bruce Wayne about his fortune being built on arms manufacturing.

I think since it is supposed to be a mix of finance, pharmaceutical, land ownership, and "advanced tech".

Wayne Industries selling Batarangs to the Contras lol

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

snoremac posted:

Finished Silent Hill 2. When it's doing story it's hammy but even with over two decades of age where it does look very old in certain respects there's strokes of excellent horror directing. The third quarter (from the nightmare hospital to when you reach the boat) stands out. I felt a sense of dread when you go down the very long elevator expecting to enter a mine or sewer and emerge in silent, dimly lit office hallways that shouldn't be there.

Something that really stands out with SH1 and 2 is just how great the pre-rendered models look. Famously Takayoshi Sato, the CGI director, lived full time in the Konami office during SH1's development to singlehandedly perfect all the CGI cutscenes. The scene in 2 of James and Maria talking between the bars as she veers between personas is probably the most chilling horror moment period for me. I get why they went for in-engine custscenes with Silent Hill 3 because those are some of the best character models on the PS2, but I would loved to have seen what Sato could pull off with even more experience under his belt.

MeatwadIsGod has issued a correction as of 15:36 on Aug 10, 2023

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

tfw you got no sleight of hand proficiency: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW6xy9UVlFg

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
SH2 was the best SH because it had interoperability with DC, so you could play against your friends it was amazing

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/SprawlFPS/status/1689335739383767040

how do we have so many good shooters coming out it's insane

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/SprawlFPS/status/1689335739383767040

how do we have so many good shooters coming out it's insane

check out UTLRAKILL if you havent yet

by far, the most impressive movement shooter ive played

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Stop saying movement shooter

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

theyre called movement shooters because you move and shoot

simple as

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

scooty shooty

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

or as I like to call them: Seasick Simulator 2023

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

love my scooty shooty slide n looties

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
poopoo shooter

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
you take cover in a cover shooter
you loot in a looter shooter
you move in a movement shooter

duh!!!

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

a pirate is a dispossessed peasant on a boat

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Lostconfused posted:

A peasant with a boat owns the means of production and isn't disposesed.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

just call them quake-likes

Jon
Nov 30, 2004

turn off the TV posted:

the problem with those systems is that they suck, not that they're new or different than what you see in other crpgs. would easily recommend a mod that just auto wins crusade battles or w/e since disabling them normally actually locks you out of content lol

Strong disagreement there, I enjoyed the new mechanics and thought they added a lot to Kingmaker/WotR. If new mechanics aren't what you meant, what sort of innovations are you talking about?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Surprised we didn't get Arivia kramering in to defend Elminster.

Elminster sucks.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

Elminster sucks.

he sucks marginally less than mordenkainen the inventor of "kick a puppy for every coin you give a beggar" true neutrality

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

Elminster sucks.

*taps you on the shoulder*

I'M ALREADY HERE.

Elminster's great, but I don't feel like wading through all the bad misinformed opinions.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I can't fathom any way to think of Elminster as great, even when I was a dumb teenager that though Drizzt was an interesting character and Dragonlance was a well-crafted setting.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Buck Wildman posted:

tfw you got no sleight of hand proficiency: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW6xy9UVlFg
very simple solution https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDpipB4yehk

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

I can't fathom any way to think of Elminster as great, even when I was a dumb teenager that though Drizzt was an interesting character and Dragonlance was a well-crafted setting.

An old man who knows just enough to let you get in over your head and patronize you while you show him what's what? That's excellent "old man gives you an adventure" hook poo poo right there.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

drizzt actually is an interesting character imo it just gets buried in all the insufferable imitators since

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
killign drizzt using exploits and looting his weapons ftw

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

killign drizzt using exploits and looting his weapons ftw

you don't even have to exploit in bg2 you can just straight up murk him

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
planting multiple traps in front of drizzt and making him walk into them killing him instantly

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Arivia posted:

An old man who knows just enough to let you get in over your head and patronize you while you show him what's what? That's excellent "old man gives you an adventure" hook poo poo right there.

i do not want his approval i want him dead

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

does doing a second or third long rest in the first act’s first part resolve the emerald grove dilemma? the druids insist they’ll do it on the second night but I haven’t even made my way near the relevant quest marker because I was doing the whole hag thing, but I can’t get through the door without killing the poor guy so I’m gonna go back later and try a different approach. anyway I want to go see Karlach before the goblin camp and I’m sure I will require a long rest to proceed to the goblins after that. will the grove become enthorned or is there no actual timer ticking down?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

there is a timer but no one is sure how exactly it ticks forward. I did two rests in between the ritual starting and wiping out the goblins and the grove wasn’t sealed.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Buck Wildman posted:

or as I like to call them: Seasick Simulator 2023

being old fuckin sucks

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I’m going to steal Elminster’s heart medication.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Frog Act posted:

does doing a second or third long rest in the first act’s first part resolve the emerald grove dilemma? the druids insist they’ll do it on the second night but I haven’t even made my way near the relevant quest marker because I was doing the whole hag thing, but I can’t get through the door without killing the poor guy so I’m gonna go back later and try a different approach. anyway I want to go see Karlach before the goblin camp and I’m sure I will require a long rest to proceed to the goblins after that. will the grove become enthorned or is there no actual timer ticking down?

we went to bed after practically every single fight and they never completed the ritual

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

LegoMan posted:

being old fuckin sucks

I played aliens vs predator for a couple hours and I had to lie down I just accept those games are behind me at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Epic High Five posted:

If it was Brooding Mawlek we both bounced off the same wall lol, this time I'm leaving that fucker until way later. Ended up going right to him after getting wall jump and boy howdy was that a mistake.

I'm just stacking whatever I can find to make me more durable and heal faster and more often and hoping eventually it clicks

maybe I'll give that a try once I finish XC3. it's funny cause I've been playing a bunch of games lately that offer Story Mode and I think "pft what kind of loser chooses that" before picking hard/insane. but I'd have absolutely gone down to story mode in HK. so I’m that kind of loser.