Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

OhFunny posted:

I believe that's the Wii Mini.

There's the red and black Wii Mini, but also an earlier revision that's the same as the original but with the gamecube ports removed and the "Wii" logo rotated called the "Wii Family Edition"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Ive recently fallen on hard times and im debating selling my fire emblem games to bail me out :negative:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I would

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Mr.Acula posted:

Ive recently fallen on hard times and im debating selling my fire emblem games to bail me out :negative:

if you turn on casual mode there's no permadeath. fake your own demise to escape your debts

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Reroll your character and hope you're born with the noble passive.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
drat i didnt realize those fire emblem games sold for so much. Gotta see if I still have them

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Mr.Acula posted:

do it, at this rate they'll probably get a remaster or port within the next decade

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
If it comes down to paying your bills just emulate all the video games, I say sell em

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Mr.Acula posted:

Goodwill wii with power cable and an hdmi adapter is like $20. Load the games on (does that make it a Frii?) and away you go.

Unrelated: you should have mail today.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

otter posted:

Goodwill wii with power cable and an hdmi adapter is like $20. Load the games on (does that make it a Frii?) and away you go.

Unrelated: you should have mail today.

Fingers crossed, but I'll probably have to go pick it up myself since I'm rarely not at work when deliveries are being made.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mr.Acula posted:

I did that, I regret it now

But still...$700 for both the GC and Wii copies was very handy last year

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

That also happens to be the exact amount I need to come up with :v:

and i know I'll feel like I'll regret it in the future. I sold my copy of Gauntlet Legends for Gamecube a while back for $300 and I still kind of wish I hadn't even though the offer was generous af

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Mr.Acula posted:

I sold both Radiant Dawn and Path to buy food a few years ago...

adult life is tough....

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Mr.Acula posted:

That also happens to be the exact amount I need to come up with :v:

and i know I'll feel like I'll regret it in the future. I sold my copy of Gauntlet Legends for Gamecube a while back for $300 and I still kind of wish I hadn't even though the offer was generous af

It is a god drat crime that Guantlet Legends is not on the Switch or any modern format at all.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I sold my Fire Emblem Path of Radiance copy about two years ago because my vet said my dog tore its ACL and needed $900 surgery but turns out she didn’t actually and just had bad neck arthritis, hooray?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Have there been any updates about the Mario RPG remaster?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

Some goon should sell me there new Nintendo 3ds (small)

I have one. Basically untouched, with the Mario faceplates and yellow ones with all the Nintendo characters. I'm seeing them going for around $400+ on Ebay

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Give you $20 for it

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

LionArcher posted:

I have one. Basically untouched, with the Mario faceplates and yellow ones with all the Nintendo characters. I'm seeing them going for around $400+ on Ebay

yeah not that interested sorry bud

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Wildtortilla posted:

According to Best Buy they’ll be updating the poo poo out of my mailbox about it on Nov 17th.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Wildtortilla posted:

what else could you -possibly need to know? the game looks great and is coming out later this year

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

hatty posted:

Didn’t realize that the Wii classic controller had analog triggers until a few months ago, just thought they were extra squishy digital ones

It also has the Gamecube triggers' digital click and I'm pretty sure absolutely nothing actually uses it because the remote + controller combo doesn't work for Gamecube games and it was ditched for the pro classic pad.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Wildtortilla posted:

it's coming out for PC

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

yeah not that interested sorry bud

I wasn’t offering to sell

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

An Actual Princess posted:

what else could you -possibly need to know? the game looks great and is coming out later this year

I’m curious of any QoL stuff. Like didn’t the Links Awakening remake have a more modern way to use your items? Rather than pausing the game and assigning equipment to one of two buttons there was a more modern approach? (I did not play the game)

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
It does. There's a dedicated shield button and you can assign two items to face buttons. Your sword is always available too.

However I think the GBA two button item system worked better because you could discover cool item combos and it made the puzzles a bit harder to solve.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Cartoon Man posted:

It is a god drat crime that Guantlet Legends is not on the Switch or any modern format at all.

Or at least some sort of clone. I love always contended that Children of Morta was a pretty similar game.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

LionArcher posted:

I wasn’t offering to sell

:kiddo:

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
One of my favorite things with the WiiU was the rounded edges on the discs. Gave them a unique feel and I wish all discs were like that.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I sold my special edition of Fire Emblem Fates and I don't regret it one bit. That money is now financing all my gaming purchases for the next couple years.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

who bought quake 2, sound off

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
why would you buy it with the sound off? i think your copy might be broken

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Me

On PS5

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Me, ten+ years ago on Steam, so my copy was automatically updated.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Wildtortilla posted:

I’m curious of any QoL stuff. Like didn’t the Links Awakening remake have a more modern way to use your items? Rather than pausing the game and assigning equipment to one of two buttons there was a more modern approach? (I did not play the game)

There is only one QoL thing I could even think I could possibly want them to add, and that's making the Frog Coin in the Mushroom Kingdom Castle not permanently missable.

Otherwise what could they possibly improve?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
That frog coin is such a brilliant "gently caress you", as it's the first hidden chest you'll encounter, you get a very short window to access it, you'll likely never even know it exists without a guide, and IIRC it's the only missable in the entire game.

Whoever placed that chest there went out of their way to be a dick, and in a way I admire that.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

I have purchased Quake II, on the greatest video game console system, the Nintendo Switch.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

jackhunter64 posted:

I have purchased Quake II, on the greatest video game console system, the Nintendo Switch.

hell yeah

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I've got some mario edition 3ds in its original box kicking around somewhere. I purchased it for a friend but turns out he didn't need it after all so I just kept it. It's a nice fallback if my 3ds ever just dies entirely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Silver Falcon posted:

There is only one QoL thing I could even think I could possibly want them to add, and that's making the Frog Coin in the Mushroom Kingdom Castle not permanently missable.

Otherwise what could they possibly improve?

Great question question, which is why I want to know more about the percentage meter that's present in battles. How else has Nintendo changed the remake from the original?