Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Silhouette posted:

I want another open world TF game like Armada for the PS2, except with actual things to do in the wide open levels

Basically gimme transformers elden ring

Tidal Wave is now a life sized aircraft carrier patrolling off the coast, you can have various titans out in the world, Fort Max, Metroplex and Metrotitan are Autobot strongholds, Scorponok wandering around a desert being a giant scorpion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

They should make a Scorponok with an "ancient ruins" vibe. Make his base mode look like a ruined temple, robot a statue, and beast mode a giant stone scorpion.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Got the Senator Ratbat/Miner Megatron pack, and thought I'd see how the three versions of Siege Megs hold up.

Miner, Conqueror, Hero

(yes, my desk is a shitshow)

I love them all. The upgrade kits I got for the base and SG versions make them even more distinct from one another and from Miner. Siege is bulky and heavily armed, SG takes even more cues from Energon Megs and I am here for both. I kinda wish that more had been done with alternate transformations like the SG Megs, just because it comes out of left field but really kinda works.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Pulse has the Missing Link Optimus up for order. Both the with-trailer and without-trailer versions are the same price, that can’t be right, can it?

Edit— looks like they fixed it

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Aug 10, 2023

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Silhouette posted:

I want another open world TF game like Armada for the PS2, except with actual things to do in the wide open levels

Basically gimme transformers elden ring

I'd love to see the return of the first movie DS game's gimmick of letting the player character scan and transform into any vehicle they find in the world.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin

Xenomrph posted:

Pulse has the Missing Link Optimus up for order. Both the with-trailer and without-trailer versions are the same price, that can’t be right, can it?

Edit— looks like they fixed it

How difficult is it to change the address on a preorder through Pulse? I might be moving between now and when it releases.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Pretty easy, I had to do it for Unicron. You might need to send an email?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Man it is a tough call which deco I want but I think it has to be the toy colours

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Brawn came in today! Great little chonk.

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

They should make a Scorponok with an "ancient ruins" vibe. Make his base mode look like a ruined temple, robot a statue, and beast mode a giant stone scorpion.

Make him partially buried in sand and have a big mission inbetween the exposed parts of him where it would seem to the player he is just random gaming junk developers litter their games with. Till he transforms.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

History Comes Inside! posted:

Man it is a tough call which deco I want but I think it has to be the toy colours

Who are you talking about? I can't find context.

\/\/\/ Oh, that makes sense. Me too!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Aug 11, 2023

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Who are you talking about? I can't find context.

Missing Link Optimus, apparently the post I was quoting got eaten along the way somehow

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
With many, many thanks to Joe Fisto, I got G2 Grimlock today. I absolutely love this big yellow dinosaur.

He pairs quite well with J. Balvintron.

I saw that Pulse had Doritos Jazz back in stock, so I snagged it. I'm hoping Dead End and Sideswipe are restocked at some point, because LOL at the aftermarket prices on them.

I love this subline for the fact that we finally get some lost unproduced toys in some fashion. It's why TFCC Double Pretender Optimus is one of my favorite pieces in my collection and why I love that ReAction Unicron. Maybe someday we'll finally get a camcorder Megatron or Buffalo-Dump.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Moai Ou posted:

With many, many thanks to Joe Fisto, I got G2 Grimlock today. I absolutely love this big yellow dinosaur.

Glad it arrived in one piece! It's a great robot dinosaur.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Other posted:

They don't own it though, Activision does(and soon Microsoft)

No, Hasbro does. It was work for hire done for them, Hasbro controls what happens to it. Much like how Capcom can't release new versions or reissues of Marvel vs. Capcom without Marvel's okay, even if they want to. The license holder calls the shots.

For what it's worth, having dealt with Activision in the past, I 100% believe they misplaced (not quite the same as lost) the source code to the games, and when Hasbro reps stated publicly that had happened, Activision quickly dug their location up, probably out of some neglected deep storage facility, and contradicted the story. That kind of carelessness doesn't look good on a company being acquired, and Hasbro knows that. If I had to bet, I'd say it was a rather clever way of getting the wheels turning on this again, especially since soon they're just going to have to talk to Microsoft about it, who is much easier to work with overall. Very likely we see Game Pass releases of WfC and/or FoC around the time Transformers One is released, due to synergy with the setting.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

... damnit

My Transformers purchases these days are almost exclusively Dinosaurs but I think I need a Toxitron now

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Make his head look like Olmec from Legends of The Hidden Temple

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Moai Ou posted:

I saw that Pulse had Doritos Jazz back in stock, so I snagged it. I'm hoping Dead End and Sideswipe are restocked at some point, because LOL at the aftermarket prices on them.

I love this subline for the fact that we finally get some lost unproduced toys in some fashion. It's why TFCC Double Pretender Optimus is one of my favorite pieces in my collection and why I love that ReAction Unicron. Maybe someday we'll finally get a camcorder Megatron or Buffalo-Dump.

It's fun that the only guy in the subline without an eye-searing paint scheme is the one molded with a yelling face

HI IM CLOUDCOVER NICE TO MEET YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Should have given him a ninja turtle scowl

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Well they hosed up the last time they tried to put a ninja turtle scowl on a TF

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Now I'm just remembering how utterly mystified I was at IDW dropping the ball so hard and not doing a TMNT/Transformers crossover during the period they had the rights to both franchises

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

TFNatiooooooon!!

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

DoctorWhat posted:

Well they hosed up the last time they tried to put a ninja turtle scowl on a TF

I dunno, masterpiece G2 sideswipe looked great

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

drrockso20 posted:

Now I'm just remembering how utterly mystified I was at IDW dropping the ball so hard and not doing a TMNT/Transformers crossover during the period they had the rights to both franchises

I feel like Hasbro would've shot that down since they don't have the toy rights. TMNT probably eats into too much of their market share.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Dabir posted:

TFNatiooooooon!!

Have fun! I’m not there this year, sadly.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Ah, shame. Thew's beard is making a strong recovery!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Silhouette posted:

I dunno, masterpiece G2 sideswipe looked great

I was referring to Kingdom T-Wrecks, which was supposed to have Beast Megatron's toy-accurate scowl head, and is painted to have the head, but ended up with the cartoon head instead.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Paid a little extra, but the Toxitron collection is complete. I figured the extra $ was being saved on gas driving from Walmart to Walmart and just the frustration of seeing empty pegs, or pegs just missing the ones I was looking for.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
What kind of floor polish or whatever should I be looking for for loose joints? I looked it up but everyone was recommending a product that isn’t sold anymore

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

I decided to pre-order Trashmaster...at least I hope it's Trashmaster.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

TFNation haul! Not huge, but chosen with purpose.

Up to 4/6 of Volcanicus. Picked up Brainstorm because he looks good next to Chromedome and Hardhead, bought a couple of botbots just because. The VHS tape was a freebie with, uh...

These things from super7. I bought them cause they're Mega Man, but I can't say I like them having got them out of the packaging. They have this soft, slighlty gummy surface that'll be a magnet for dust. Can't recommend these if you see any of them elsewhere.

I'm not sure whether the back of the package is cute or trying too hard. I was leaning towards cute until I opened them and realised they're rubbish.

I also asked Gav Spence to sign my copy of Thunder Clash Goes Bananas and he kindly obliged on his first page. Lovely chap.

Dabir fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Aug 12, 2023

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Dabir posted:

These things from super7. I bought them cause they're Mega Man, but I can't say I like them having got them out of the packaging. They have this soft, slighlty gummy surface that'll be a magnet for dust. Can't recommend these if you see any of them elsewhere.

I'm not sure whether the back of the package is cute or trying too hard. I was leaning towards cute until I opened them and realised they're rubbish.

That's what MUSCLE is, man. Sorry. They sucked back in the day (or more accurately, were exactly the same) too. They had some crossover with the Transformer Decoys, where we got a random one in each regular toy. But like the Decoys... they were kinda ehh unless they spoke to you.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

What kind of floor polish or whatever should I be looking for for loose joints? I looked it up but everyone was recommending a product that isn’t sold anymore

This question seems to come up every so often, they seem to rebrand every couple years.

Mine says Pledge Floor Care Finish, made by a SC Johnson family company. I think Pledge is their favorite branding for it.

I'm not a chemist, so I don't know exactly which of these ingredients one needs to look for, but in my bottle I have:

Water
"Proprietary Film Formers"
Tributoxyethyl Phosphate
Etoxydiglycol
"Fragrance"
Ammonium Hydroxide
Oleic Acid
4,4-dimethyloxazolidine
"Proprietary Flourosurfactcant"
Benzoyriazolyl Dodecyl p-Cresol
Hydrogen Peroxide
Pentasodium Pentetate

Amazon is recommending me another floor polish, "Quick Shine Multisurface Floor Finish." My bottle of Pledge is at about 40% full, it's time to start looking for me. I'll let the thread know if it's acceptable once my bottle arrives. It has a similar-sounding (to my non-chemist ears) ingredient list.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Robotech figures seems to say a lot about what kind of thing they'll do. Just licence-maintaining "whatever" releases.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I use this.

If you grab some of that, just make sure you clean the lid when you’re done, otherwise it’ll clog up.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Aug 13, 2023

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

That's what MUSCLE is, man. Sorry. They sucked back in the day (or more accurately, were exactly the same) too. They had some crossover with the Transformer Decoys, where we got a random one in each regular toy. But like the Decoys... they were kinda ehh unless they spoke to you.

Dang. Well I got got, shouldn't have been such a mark for Mega Man lol.

Can you paint them or something? A coating of nice glossy paint would salvage the gumminess.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

It would flake off almost immediately and probably make the rubber sticky underneath

Why would you, anyway? The suckiness is part of the appeal of MUSCLE guys

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I've seen what Stretch Armstrongs look like after five minutes unattended. Low quality figures is one thing, I'd rather not have something actively revolting around my house.

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.

Were the original MUSCLE figures different depending on era/region? I had a bunch of the original peach toned ones, and a handful of the rainbow colored ones from a couple years later when I was a kid, and I remember them having a matte finish and being a harder plastic.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Day 2 haul!

I picked up Dreadwind on a whim because I wanted to try out the Prime Armour gimmick. Turns out I kinda love it. I can immediately see how cool it would be to have three of these armouring him up with two giant hands and a breastplate. And Siege onwards give you even more places to mount primes! But one is enough to do the Dreamwave crunch n' stretch.

Highbrow completes my set of TR Autobot Headmasters. Hope I can get them all to fit on the shelf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Dabir posted:

Highbrow completes my set of TR Autobot Headmasters. Hope I can get them all to fit on the shelf.

Displaying with Cerebros or full Fort Max?