Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Keith David loving rules and is a worthy replacement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I don't think there's any replacing Reddick, but Keith is an excellent choice.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Steve Downes as Titan VA please

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

MJeff posted:

I don't think there's any replacing Reddick, but Keith is an excellent choice.

Yeah, this. They weren’t going to kill or write off Zavala (ahead of schedule, at least) so recasting was the only real choice and this sounds perfect

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Keith David rules, hell yeah.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Just LOL if you think that's the real Keith David and not a perfect impression

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I don't think they were ever gonna do anything like this but credit to Bungie for not doing something ghoulish like using AI, unnecessarily killing him off like Tchalla (although I did kinda like that movie anyway) or like. Casting a white guy. That would've been weird.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Not gonna lie, Keith David is probably going to be a fantastic replacement. He killed it in Saints Row.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mesadoram posted:

Not gonna lie, Keith David is probably going to be a fantastic replacement. He killed it in Saints Row.

Whether we wanted it or not, we stepped into a war with the Westside Rollerz,

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

This also quietly confirms that they're not killing off Zavala in TFS like a bunch of people thought they were.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
This opens up the possibility that Zavala call for help from his friends on the other side (I will always hold that this is easily one of the top three Disney villain songs).

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Kith posted:

This also quietly confirms that they're not killing off Zavala in TFS like a bunch of people thought they were.
I mean, they can still kill him off in TFS, they're just not gonna do it off-screen / in a way that doesn't need new voice lines.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Kith posted:

Not at the beginning of TFS, at least

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

they explicitly said that Keith will be playing Zavala "In TFS and beyond"... soooo we're not seeing Zavala die any time soon.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

saw a bunch of angry posts from Gamers saying they should’ve killed him off, but honestly it seems like Lance loved Zavala and Destiny too much to have wanted that, and Keith David is about the only person I can think of who could come close but still sorta make the role his own without making GBS threads on what came before

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
So Zavala is now going to sound like the Arbiter from Halo.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Judge Tesla posted:

So Zavala is now going to sound like the Arbiter from Halo.

Ideally he will sound like the Arbiter from Halo trying to sound like Zavala

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Just have the actual Arbiter in Destiny.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

saw a bunch of angry posts from Gamers saying they should’ve killed him off, but honestly it seems like Lance loved Zavala and Destiny too much to have wanted that, and Keith David is about the only person I can think of who could come close but still sorta make the role his own without making GBS threads on what came before

Yeah, they 100% should not kill him off. Best case was he recorded most of his lines and it'd get to the finish line and they work around the rest, followed by something really awkward where he just sort of doesn't say a ton, but Keith David's a great fit too.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Just have the actual Arbiter in Destiny.

He can ride in on the Starhorse and get his armor pauldron back from a Warlock

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

saw a bunch of angry posts from Gamers saying they should’ve killed him off

Are you sure you saw this?

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

yes, although I’ll concede it was mostly blue checks and Destiny ragefarmers rather than anyone who has ever had a thought

Kennedy
Aug 1, 2006

hard to breathe?
Hell yeah, Captain Anderson comes back to fight a beyond-the-edge-of-space threat to humanity, and other spacefaring citizens, as the regal commander of a special group of people who, through magical powers, bend space and time to their will to save the day.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Kennedy posted:

Hell yeah, Captain Anderson comes back to fight a beyond-the-edge-of-space threat to humanity,

Yeah seriously. This is why reception has been unanimously positive across the internet. Keith David owns and his voice makes any character larger than life

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Kennedy posted:

Hell yeah, Captain Anderson comes back to fight a beyond-the-edge-of-space threat to humanity, and other spacefaring citizens, as the regal commander of a special group of people who, through magical powers, bend space and time to their will to save the day.

Yes, I predict Destiny and Mass Effect will end similarly.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Bungie posted:

Next up, Striker Titan. It probably won’t surprise you to hear that Striker has been significantly overperforming in high-level PvP activities like Trials of Osiris.

Apparently all the Striker Titans are surprised, somehow!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

You could not pay me enough to do Trials again lol

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Yes, I predict Destiny and Mass Effect will end similarly.

In the fanbase being irrationally angry and sending death threats to Bungie until they capitulate and change the ending?

Nah.

Bungie won't change the ending.:v:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
No, they're sending death threats over much dumber things

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
It's hard to pretend other internet communities are any worse than SA. Maybe it's just D2 that does terrible things to the brain

Wasn't that guy a Destiny Clan admin or something? Cheering the death of a little Muslim girl :smith: Lance would not be proud of us

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Who's us, got a rat in your pocket?

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

very sweet vid

https://twitter.com/imkeithdavid/status/1689760125308096512?s=46&t=Lil8vLMPVkfPh80ODFeUGg

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:allears:

He is going to be fantastic :unsmith:.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

OK but what class does he play

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

Turns out The Final Shape is the Saints' Fleur de lise.

Please let Zavala call our Guardian "Playa."

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Didn’t Lance play as a warlock?

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's hard to pretend other internet communities are any worse than SA. Maybe it's just D2 that does terrible things to the brain

Wasn't that guy a Destiny Clan admin or something? Cheering the death of a little Muslim girl :smith: Lance would not be proud of us

He’s not actually cheering it on, your screencap didn’t include the full post

Psycho Landlord posted:

Well I guess let me be the first to say "good shoot"

wait

Is that post real loving bad? Yeah. I can’t believe landlord made that post, and imo he should’ve gotten a longer probe. But he’s not actually cheering it on. He just, for some reason, decided to shitpost about it.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

kurona_bright posted:

He’s not actually cheering it on, your screencap didn’t include the full post

Is that post real loving bad? Yeah. I can’t believe landlord made that post, and imo he should’ve gotten a longer probe. But he’s not actually cheering it on. He just, for some reason, decided to shitpost about it.

One thing I've learned (and hope you can too) is that there's no such thing as saying something 'ironically', because you are still saying it.

We live in a post-2016 world

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

FlapYoJacks posted:

Didn’t Lance play as a warlock?

think he started as Titan but eventually switched over to Warlock but I’m not 100% on this

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
Please don't randomly bring up irl child murder in the destiny 2 thread for no reason. :thanks:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Gadzuko posted:

Please don't randomly bring up irl child murder in the destiny 2 thread for no reason. :thanks:

especially not to do something that comes off as vaguely poo poo-stirring.

plenty of examples of D2 goons being less then a perfect community within the thread.