Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite Kirby Super Star power?
This poll is closed.
Beam 3 1.79%
Bomb 3 1.79%
Cook 1 0.60%
Copy 3 1.79%
Crash 1 0.60%
Cutter 5 2.98%
Fighter 5 2.98%
Fire 3 1.79%
Hammer 13 7.74%
Ice 3 1.79%
Jet 3 1.79%
Mike (sic) 14 8.33%
Mirror 11 6.55%
Ninja 5 2.98%
Paint 0 0%
Parasol 2 1.19%
Plasma 4 2.38%
Sleep 9 5.36%
Starship 5 2.98%
Stone 6 3.57%
Suplex 22 13.10%
Sword 20 11.90%
Wheel 6 3.57%
Wing 6 3.57%
Yo-Yo 15 8.93%
Total: 168 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

theres a really cool guy in the vanguard anime that loudly announces "final turn" before he wins every match. so many people were imitating him they had to explicitly make it against the rules to say final turn in organized play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

now were playing with power

weiss schwarz is sick because, they have all these hololive cards but also, it has love live, and idolmaster, and lucky star, and goblin slayer. all of my favorite animes get together for a big card game

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
its too bad duel masters never caught on here, from all accounts its one of those games TCG designers really, really like (and its still really big in JP)

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010
I hear the new Digimon TCG is fun, and it looks fun, but I know zero people who play it lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i just finished putting together a yugioh deck after getting hooked on master duel and God I spent too much on it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

oh magic the gathering has final fantasy? thats cute. *nonchalantly plays yoda, asuka, and all the kemono friends from my hand*

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Feels Villeneuve posted:

now were playing with power

I remember buying some of the hololive weiss schwartz cards on a lark, cracked some open and got a gold foil signed Shishiro Botan card. apparently it's the sort of thing that's the rarest possible type of a card. then I looked up the rarities and lol there's a lot

quote:

Types of Rarity

From highest rarity to lowest, the rarities of cards are as follows.

SP (Special): Holo-foil CC/CR cards or cards with signatures. Only 2 of these are included in a booster carton.
RRR (Triple Rare): Holo-foil cards, most of these feature new descriptions and art. Only 4 of these are included in a booster carton. (There are no RRR cards for THE IDOLM@STER and Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's).
SR (Super Rare): Holo-foil cards, without different descriptions or art. Ten of these are included in a booster carton. More recent Series have one in every Trial Deck. (There are no SR cards for the three starting series of D.C., D.C.II, Little Busters! & Persona 3)
RR (Double Rare): Four (One of each card color) are included per booster box.
R (Rare): Fifteen in each booster box.
U (Uncommon): Two in each Booster Pack.
C (Common): Four in each Booster Pack.
CR (Climax Rare): One of each per booster box. So each booster box has one copy of all the CR cards.
CC (Climax Common): There are 8 pairs per box.
TD (Trial Deck): All Trial Deck cards are this rarity, many of them with parallel U or C rarity versions. There are also a number of Trial Deck only cards.
PR (Promo): Promotional Cards that can be obtained by going to special events, buying special products, trading in Gold/Silver Bags, etc.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

then again, precious memories has k-on and shirobako, so its probably the better anime card game...

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I also got this card which rules

Kerrzhe posted:

i think i still have my binder of First Editions of the first set of pokecards

never got a charizard though :(
you should absolutely bust that out and catalog it or take pictures of the foils, because now's one of the best times to unload that stuff for serious cash. first edition pokemon cards have gone wild the last couple years.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

lol this card is awesome as gently caress.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
there are like 20 yugioh rarities none of which are indicated in any way by a rarity mark like a normal card game

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

its too bad duel masters never caught on here, from all accounts its one of those games TCG designers really, really like (and its still really big in JP)

I played Duel Masters when it was briefly popular when I was a kid. Forever remembering my dude Gatling Skyterror.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Captain Invictus posted:

you should absolutely bust that out and catalog it or take pictures of the foils, because now's one of the best times to unload that stuff for serious cash. first edition pokemon cards have gone wild the last couple years.

yeah the local shop has singles for sale and theres crazy prices for poo poo like Bulbasaur lol

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

thank you for the support and advice

i will check out obs

i already know what i want my steam av to be but i will get something temporary for testing

i can always pay for the one i want later after i figure programs out

Rinkles posted:

I'm glad that worked for you.

thank you very much

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
like no joke I was cleaning out my stepdad's house and found a foil first edition zapdos that had big scratches and mouse poo poo on it(which I cleaned off and noted in the sale) in the detritus of his kids' old rooms, and someone still bought it for $40, you can sell literally damaged first edition cards for palpable amounts of money because pokemon people are insane lol

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i don't have many foils, i think the rarest/best one i got is a Poliwrath

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I've got Reynolds

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

homeless snail posted:

oh magic the gathering has final fantasy? thats cute. *nonchalantly plays yoda, asuka, and all the kemono friends from my hand*

yeah, well, magic the gathering has

and

and

and

and

and

and

credit to Scryfall for the joke

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I have a ton of gen 1 foils but I’m not sure if I’d want to part with them. I sold a foil charizard a few years ago for $120 and I miss it

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
sell the gen 1 foils and buy the non-gen 1 foils for a fraction of the price

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Still mad about Domri Rade's ending in War of the Spark. Loved that idiot - he didn't deserve that BS writing

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

oh

huh

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I loving love graven images

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

yeah dude sell that poo poo

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
that market is inflated to hell by speculators and dumb youtube people so get on that in case it crashes imo

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Captain Invictus posted:

yeah, well, magic the gathering has
credit to Scryfall for the joke

is it just me or is this joke completely incomprehensible

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

This motherfucker doesn't remember the Ultimate Showdown

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

it's gandalf the grey and gandalf the white and monty python and the holy grail's back knight, and benito mussolini, and the blue meanie, cowboy curtis and jambi the genie

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Feels Villeneuve posted:

yeah dude sell that poo poo

i wouldn't have a clue where to even start that process lol

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Wow why’s Polywrath so valuable? My holo Moltres is only worth $60! Maybe I should check all my cards maybe my Holo Kabutops will make me rich

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
like I am serious dude, unload that poo poo. even commons and energy have value.

it's like someone saying "yeah I have a bunch of alpha/beta magic cards but they're all commons and basic lands."

like yeah you might have nothing but commons and energies but even first edition energies are worth at least a few bucks if they're in good shape.

there are apps for cataloguing your stuff(iirc they just scan the card with the phone camera and auto-add it to a database), ask in the MTG thread for help with cataloguing and identification, because there's also the added modifier on some first edition pokemon cards of "shadowless", which makes them worth significantly more because of a printing error that is really hard to notice unless you know what to look for.

someone came into the MTG thread with a binder of like 6 booster packs and 1 starter deck's worth of original alpha mtg cards his dad bought and then immediately shoved in a binder in the 90s, so they were mint condition, and people estimated despite not having anything of particular note, it was still tens of thousands of dollars worth of what you would usually consider detritus. while pokemon first edition isn't quite at that level(yet), you've probably got a few hundred bucks worth if they're in even remotely decent shape.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Legit started hearing the song as I was scrolling down that post lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Kerrzhe posted:

i wouldn't have a clue where to even start that process lol

a ton of local game shops buy and sell cards, if you live in any kind of city your town probably has one of those

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I5DR89qXdg

oh hell yeah

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
not gonna lie, got a little misty-eyed seeing the original style of bionicle, with the original toa and tohunga existing naturally in an otherwise non-lego world, like the original lore videos and stuff I used to watch online back when they first came out. that looks super loving good for a fangame, might be the first actually good bionicle game!

making a character action game with the toa sounds like a brilliant idea, with masks allowing for modification of abilities and mobility, that's an ambitious ask for a small team but also the examples they showed look genuinely great.

edit: yeah, it's definitely got the feel of the old videos they had:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TGpk4WN5e4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_Rr_C3wffU

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Aug 11, 2023

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i cannot stop laughing at this poor jigglypuff lmaoooo

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Feels Villeneuve posted:

that market is inflated to hell by speculators and dumb youtube people so get on that in case it crashes imo

Where does one sell Pokémon cards? This may be my ticket to finally off load my collection.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I sold my Charizard on eBay but I'm not sure if id want to put the rest up there due to the new tax law

Sailor Dave
Sep 19, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

not gonna lie, got a little misty-eyed seeing the original style of bionicle, with the original toa and tohunga existing naturally in an otherwise non-lego world, like the original lore videos and stuff I used to watch online back when they first came out. that looks super loving good for a fangame, might be the first actually good bionicle game!

I hope you mean the first good bionicle FANgame. don't talk poo poo about Mata Nui Online Game 1 and 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Wildtortilla posted:

Where does one sell Pokémon cards? This may be my ticket to finally off load my collection.

If you have a local shop that sells trading cards, they tend to also buy them.