Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
My nerves, I'm gonna have a breakdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
oof, two other players on her right and she takes a sliding shot like that

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Booooooooo

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
sayonara

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Boo Sweden suck

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
drat

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Whoever missed the peno is gonna commit seppuku

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Lmao ABBA in the crowd is a sick burn imo

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

scenes of devastation...

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
friendship ended with world cup

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
not a fan of the camera on the japanese players down on the turf ruined. if they were a team i didn't like maybe

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
shoulda probably scored that peno

rip the best team

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
but at least i now have clarity:

its coming home

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's already in Australia mate

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
soccer is bad now

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Haha, get hosed Japan

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

Mrenda posted:

Haha, get hosed Japan

Mods?!??

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Eau de MacGowan posted:

shoulda probably scored that peno

rip the best team

I fully expected VAR to overturn the pen

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Thanks Ants posted:

I fully expected VAR to overturn the pen

Yeah that was weird, they didn’t even seem to check it

Sucks that the best team are going home, but if you don’t win your knockout matches you aren’t going to win the cup, imo

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

webmeister posted:

Sucks that the best team are going home, but if you don’t win your knockout matches you aren’t going to win the cup, imo

Many are saying this

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Spain probably appreciating Sweden knocking out the competition, considering they got clobbered hard by Japan in the group stage.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
Now Sweden had better clobber Spain

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

lol just disgusting luck

https://i.imgur.com/PZcq52a.mp4

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
what a dive by japanese player on that penalty lol

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Yeah Japan should never have been given that pen but also I don't care what the rules say, the penalty Sweden got off the corner wasn't one either

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

mycatscrimes posted:

Now Sweden had better clobber Spain

Um, it's called the Thirty Years War

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Realised that after the missed pen, the follow-up header wouldn't have counted because the keeper didn't touch it

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
theyll be eeating meatballs in the streets of stockholm tonight

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

:negative: :japan: :negative: :psyduck:

webmeister posted:

Yep, Sweden’s defense was solid and Japan just didn’t make enough of the few chances. A couple bad options when they had chances too, too many passes not enough shots.

Both penalties were soft (I’m not a fan of that interpretation of the handball law but is what it is) but that free kick :psyduck:

Guess I’m riding the Tillie train now.

vyelkin posted:

theyll be eeating meatballs in the streets of stockholm tonight

Weren’t they going to do that anyway? :dadjoke:

natlampe
Jul 10, 2001

Sverige !!!

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
gently caress off

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Hoppas Sverige vinner mot Spanien.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

lomzus posted:

bork bork

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:
That free kick is one of the most insane bits of bad luck / good luck that I’ve ever seen in football lol

natlampe
Jul 10, 2001

lomzus posted:

They will :sweden:

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Nooooo Japan :japan:

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/svenskfotboll/status/1689954434028318720

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I now want Sweden v. Australia/Colombia.

If Sweden win the whole thing and don't go to pens in the final/semi, I'm going to be very :smuggo: about how the US were the only team that looked good against them. Because I am a piece of poo poo.

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Big fan of the crossbar -> back of head -> post -> slow trundle across goal combo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I think this means I have to root for England now since all the other teams I've rooted for have been knocked out and I really want England to lose, so...